No true atheist ever would........

No true atheist ever would........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
The universe is a manifestion of the Eternal Consciousness.

Do you even know what that means, or are you simply cutting & pasting?

Nobody takes T.H. Green seriously, but I guess you and 9 other people. But the millions that believe in a God are all wrong, huh?
There are approximately 2.1 billion believers in the Christian God. That's a lot.

However, that means there are approximately 3.9 billion people who do not believe in the Christian God.

If you are going to cite popularity, bear in mind that you are in the minority, outnumbered 2 to one. Can the billions of people that don't believe in your god all be wrong?

--- Penguin.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
18 Apr 07

it's amazing how obtuse you are.

Certainly insults are not part of your argument. Perhaps you would do better to avoid them.

The universe's birth was part of a cycle? With no creater these cycles have just existed forever? Tell me where these cycles came from . Where did the initial matter come from? Don't tell me it's been here forever, that's a cop out.

Why is it a cop out? Why do you insist it has to have been created? That is how matter is
defined, anyway, as being unable to be created/destroyed (only converted into energy).

You cannot simply say matter has been in the universe for eternity with no explanation of what produced this matter. The matter that existed prior to the big bang came from somewhere, where?

'You cannot simply say God has been in the universe for eternity with no explanation of what
produced this God.'

Do you see how your objection can be applied directly to your own assertion? You define God as
being uncreated. I define matter as uncreated. The formula for our assertions is identical.

The difference is I can prove matter exists. I can also prove that matter cannot be created ex nihilo. You assertion lacks these elements, which makes it less plausible.

Simply repeating: 'NO. MATTER MUST HAVE BEEN CREATED,' doesn't constitute an argument.
Imagine if all I posted was, 'NO. GOD MUST HAVE BEEN CREATED,' or something equally silly.

You are assuming that matter must have been created without giving any reasons for that
assumption.

Nemesio

d

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Arguments to popularity...
Ah, yes. "The Garth Brooks fallacy".

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07

Originally posted by Penguin
There are approximately 2.1 billion believers in the Christian God. That's a lot.

However, that means there are approximately 3.9 billion people who do not believe in the Christian God.

If you are going to cite popularity, bear in mind that you are in the minority, outnumbered 2 to one. Can the billions of people that don't believe in your god all be wrong?

--- Penguin.
i said god, not "the christian god".

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07

I have no idea who T.H. Green is.

Try reading the post, idiot. The Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist views long predate your silly Super Duper Monster God. And yes people who believe in such a God, almost always because somebody else told them to, are almost certainly wrong though most aren't as stupid as you.
so buddhist predate Moses.. I wasn't aware.....

Thanks again for not explaining your beliefs, further vindication you don't know what you are talking about. In addition to not knowing who Green is.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07

so buddhist predate Moses.. I wasn't aware.....

Thanks again for not explaining your beliefs, further vindication you don't know what you are talking about. In addition to not knowing who Green is.
I can't help that you are too stupid to understand other world views. That's your problem; maybe there's some remedial courses you could take. Or perhaps a junior high school kid could tutor you.

Tell me what exactly do you want explained to you and I'll try to do so using very small words so you may be able to grasp it.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07

I can't help that you are too stupid to understand other world views. That's your problem; maybe there's some remedial courses you could take. Or perhaps a junior high school kid could tutor you.

Tell me what exactly do you want explained to you and I'll try to do so using very small words so you may be able to grasp it.
first explain how Buddhism predates Moses, since you say it pre-dates my God.

you just can't explain your own beliefs, huh. Still haven't answered the question. How old are you?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Apr 07

try to develop a thought of your own for once, or don't bother trying to debate. You're a waste of time to point to link that I've already read. Also, links that did not even address the questions raised. Your debating skills reveal your ignorance.
Blah, blah, blah...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07

first explain how Buddhism predates Moses, since you say it pre-dates my God.

you just can't explain your own beliefs, huh. Still haven't answered the question. How old are you?
The belief that the universe and all in it is a manifestion of the Eternal Consciousness long predates Moses (if he really existed); Hindus are making the same daily chants they did 5000 years ago. Buddhism believes in the same thing as does Taoism and other Eastern philosophies. Have someone read a book to you.

I've answered your question four times now. Are you in a mental institution of some sort?

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07
2 edits

The belief that the universe and all in it is a manifestion of the Eternal Consciousness long predates Moses (if he really existed); Hindus are making the same daily chants they did 5000 years ago. Buddhism believes in the same thing as does Taoism and other Eastern philosophies. Have someone read a book to you.

I've answered your question four times now. Are you in a mental institution of some sort?
Siddhartha Gautama founded Buddhism around 563 bce, moses was born before the 13th century bce. Can you read?

p.s. thanks for pointing out when hindus did chants.

you still haven't expained what is meant by your belief of Eternal Consciousness. how did that form the universe?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07

Siddhartha Gautama founded Buddhism around 563 bce, moses was born before the 13th century bce. Can you read?

p.s. thanks for pointing out when hindus did chants.

you still haven't expained what is meant by your belief of Eternal Consciousness. how did that form the universe?
You're not very bright. Buddhism is to Hinduism about what Christianity is to Judaism i.e. a variation of a basic belief system. Non-dualism in the first case and monotheism in the second.

Since the universe is merely a manifestation of the Eternal Consciousness, it didn't "form" the universe like someone making a pot. We and everything that exists are part of the One. The universe itself is an illusion; it doesn't really exist. All there is the one with no second.

I hate to disappoint you, but in a non-dualist belief system there's no room for a Super Duper God who whips up a universe so he'll have someone to play with and lord over for all eternity.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
18 Apr 07

You're not very bright. Buddhism is to Hinduism about what Christianity is to Judaism i.e. a variation of a basic belief system. Non-dualism in the first case and monotheism in the second.

Since the universe is merely a manifestation of the Eternal Consciousness, it didn't "form" the universe like someone making a pot. We and everything that ...[text shortened]... ho whips up a universe so he'll have someone to play with and lord over for all eternity.
Have you ever seen Hannah And Her Sisters? Do you remember the part where Woody Allen is interested in becoming a Hare Krishna?

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07

Since the universe is merely a manifestation of the Eternal Consciousness, it didn't "form" the universe like someone making a pot. We and everything that ...[text shortened]... ho whips up a universe so he'll have someone to play with and lord over for all eternity.
so your answer it the unvierse really doesn't exist. Are your walls padded?

p.s please explain how buddhism was before moses/bible/God.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 Apr 07

so your answer it the unvierse really doesn't exist. Are your walls padded?

p.s please explain how buddhism was before moses/bible/God.
How does it feel to be soooooooooooo stupid?

I've explained what you asked. Go ask your Mommy to explain it to you.

BTW, are you Jewish? If not, what are you relying on Moses for?

N

cube# 6484

Moves
18 Apr 07

How does it feel to be soooooooooooo stupid?

I've explained what you asked. Go ask your Mommy to explain it to you.

BTW, are you Jewish? If not, what are you relying on Moses for?
just admit you are wrong saying Buddhism is older than references to God.