No true atheist ever would........

No true atheist ever would........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
15 Apr 07

So we have asked the question about Christians, how about atheists? It seems pretty clear cut to me, however. An atheist simply demands that there be no God. Atheists seem much easier in labeling than the theists. Does anyone agree/disagree?

j

CA, USA

Moves
15 Apr 07

No true atheist ever would ... deny knowing everything.

A weak atheist would, but not a true atheist.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by whodey
So we have asked the question about Christians, how about atheists? It seems pretty clear cut to me, however. An atheist simply demands that there be no God. Atheists seem much easier in labeling than the theists. Does anyone agree/disagree?
Demands that there be no god? I disagree. No surprise there.

Observes that it is unlikely that there is a god, would be more like it.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by jammer
No true atheist ever would ... deny knowing everything.

A weak atheist would, but not a true atheist.
A weak atheist is a true atheist. It is the christians themselves who have a vested interest in propagating the stereotype of the hard atheist.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
15 Apr 07

No true atheist would ever pray.

No true atheist would use Jesus's or God's name in vain.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
No true atheist would ever pray.

No true atheist would use Jesus's or God's name in vain.
No. 1 is true enough.

No. 2 they sometimes do out of habit.

j

CA, USA

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by rwingett
A weak atheist is a true atheist. It is the christians themselves who have a vested interest in propagating the stereotype of the hard atheist.
Actually we have one here on site .. bbarr or something like that is his tag. He a Philosophy guru and says he's a strong atheist. I can't debate him 'cause uses words i've never heard and don't understand AFTER reading the definition in my dictionary.

I've always thought that the strong athesits doctrine was that there is no God or gods. Weak atheistism is the disbelief or denial of the exisistence of God or gods.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
15 Apr 07

No true atheist would ever enter a foxhole.

j

CA, USA

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Not true .. some will convert quite quickly though when the fit hits the shan

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by jammer
Actually we have one here on site .. bbarr or something like that is his tag. He a Philosophy guru and says he's a strong atheist. I can't debate him 'cause uses words i've never heard and don't understand AFTER reading the definition in my dictionary.

I've always thought that the strong athesits doctrine was that there is no God or gods. Weak atheistism is the disbelief or denial of the exisistence of God or gods.
I'm not saying there are no strong atheists, but that a vast majority of knowledgeable atheists are weak atheists. Theists, however, have a vested interest in incorrectly portraying strong atheism as being the proper definition of atheism, or in depicting most atheists as being strong atheists. Neither is the case.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Not true. American Atheist regularly runs a feature in their publication called "Foxhole Atheist," which profiles an atheist in the military service. Pat Tillman, the ex-NFL player who was killed in Afghanistan, was an atheist.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Apr 07

No true atheist would ever bow down and be forced to accept JC as his or her personal savior, no true atheist would bow down and be forced to accept Allah as his or her god. I personally would rather die then be forced to such a vile formula.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by rwingett
Observes that it is unlikely that there is a god, would be more like it.
If that were the definition accepted of all atheists I might reconsider. That's a very interesting perspective, one not commonly heard.

N

The sky

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by wittywonka
If that were the definition accepted of all atheists I might reconsider. That's a very interesting perspective, one not commonly heard.
Not commonly heard? It seems pretty common to me.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
Not commonly heard? It seems pretty common to me.
Well, all I had ever heard was that athiests were absolute, concrete, no-second-thoughts about "there is no God." I've never heard "most likely not a God" before.