Narrow gate?

Narrow gate?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Dec 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
But you just confirmed what Jack said -

The Bible makes it quite clear, that unless you have what is termed 'Gods spirit', you cannot understand the deep things of God

Are you now saying you were lying?
Ok Knob..explain just these few verses to me. It's at 2Tim 3: 1-5. If you know half as much as you say you do about the Bible and that it's hogwash then explain why this isn't true today and how this doesn't apply to you in anyway....

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Dec 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Ok Knob..explain just these few verses to me. It's at 2Tim 3: 1-5. If you know half as much as you say you do about the Bible and that it's hogwash then explain why this isn't true today and how this doesn't apply to you in anyway....
Firstly i've never made any claim anywhere about my supposed knowledge of the Bible. If you can find a quote from me that proves otherwise i'd be glad to read it.

Secondly, i'm off to watch a film, this will have to wait till the morning.

Ciao

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Dec 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i do not understand what you are trying to imply Noobster, really i dont. where is the lie? this statement is not my opinion, its a Biblical fact, if you like i can post many scriptures which testify to this.
I'll tell you tomorrow.

Moves
03 Dec 09

i do not understand what you are trying to imply Noobster, really i dont. where is the lie? this statement is not my opinion, its a Biblical fact, if you like i can post many scriptures which testify to this.
But the point, rob, is that even that statement is open to interpretation. I interpret it as saying that only those with an open mind can appreciate how little they know and how futile it is to claim to understand the universe. Am I wrong? (And, if so, on what basis do you make that claim?)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 09

LOL ... amazing. You cant see what your problems is. Religious indoctriniation is truly dangerous. You not much different from those suicide bomber extremists.... its pitiful.

Moves
03 Dec 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
LOL ... amazing. You cant see what your problems is. Religious indoctriniation is truly dangerous. You not much different from those suicide bomber extremists.... its pitiful.
Well - I just want to point out that tho I have accused rob of being susceptible to misconceptions in the same way that cave-dwellers on the Af-Pak border are I do not believe that he is...

If the voice bellowed from above to strap on the ordnance I think rob is really too caring a person to process that command - he'd probably take a little trip to Bedlam.

rc

Moves
03 Dec 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
But the point, rob, is that even that statement is open to interpretation. I interpret it as saying that only those with an open mind can appreciate how little they know and how futile it is to claim to understand the universe. Am I wrong? (And, if so, on what basis do you make that claim?)
yes it is open to interpretation Jack, however, how will you know how to make a proper evaluation if you do not know anything about the context of which the statement was formed? Yes there are levels of understanding, as in everything, however those who understand the context, are they not getting a better and more clearer picture, than those who see the periphery? and are thus better able to form a more accurate evaluation?

rc

Moves
03 Dec 09

hardly, perhaps you can tell the difference between indoctrination and the exercise of the human conscience?

rc

Moves
03 Dec 09
3 edits

Well - I just want to point out that tho I have accused rob of being susceptible to misconceptions in the same way that cave-dwellers on the Af-Pak border are I do not believe that he is...

If the voice bellowed from above to strap on the ordnance I think rob is really too caring a person to process that command - he'd probably take a little trip to Bedlam.
thank you so much Jack, when the earth becomes a paradise, i shall visit your part of the country, always wanted to go to the south, visit Virginia, we shall drink moonshine, whittle away old sticks on the porch, listen to blues records and reminisce about the old days. wish i was there already!

we cannot take human life, even our own, it is forbidden!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 09

Agreed. But the basic principle still applies.

In the case of the JWs, the voice from above is the leaders of the JW organisation who have convinced their sycophants that they have the Spirit of God and they alone have the truth... whatever that is. The idea that one group possesses the truth in the Bible is in itself an irrational belief.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 09

hardly, perhaps you can tell the difference between indoctrination and the exercise of the human conscience?
Indocctrination stops you from recognizing the trivial nature of the 'dont celebrate birthdays' guideline by the JWs. Just one eg of many. What does conscience have to do with it?

rc

Moves
03 Dec 09
2 edits

Indocctrination stops you from recognizing the trivial nature of the 'dont celebrate birthdays' guideline by the JWs. Just one eg of many. What does conscience have to do with it?
this is a matter of conscience and a matter for those who have studied the subject, not for those who with peripheral vision and partial knowledge. it has everything to do with conscience, for it has its very basis in conscience.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Dec 09

this is a matter of conscience and a matter for those who have studied the subject, not for those who with peripheral vision and partial knowledge. it has everything to do with conscience, for it has its very basis in conscience.
Your 'knowledge' = vanity.

rc

Moves
04 Dec 09

Your 'knowledge' = vanity.
yes knowledge without love equals vanity, no doubt, what is the alternative, to simply wallow in ignorance and make no attempt to ascertain what is true?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Dec 09

yes knowledge without love equals vanity, no doubt, what is the alternative, to simply wallow in ignorance and make no attempt to ascertain what is true?
If your knowledge makes you arrogant then thats worse than ignorance.
Humility (the opposite of arrogance) is a virtue. You choose which you want.

Would you say that JWs are humble people? Maybe others can answer that better then yourself. Try asking around the forums if you want to know. Dont try to answer that for yourself becuase you cannot.