"My God"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 Jul 14
2 edits

he's well awesome you see ... he can do everything, get that!? not lots of things, not just more things than we can possibly imagine ... but absolutely everything...check it man ... EVERYTHING!!!
Oh and he doesn't just know lots of things ... he KNOWS EVERYTHING too!
Oh and he hasn't been around for a long time, he's been around, like for ages, no scratch that ... he's been around forever!!!
Oh and he isn't just awesome ... he's PERFECT!!! couldn't be more awesome if he tried (which he wouldn't because he knows absolutely everything!!!)
Oh and he doesn't love only those that worship him ... he loves EVERYONE - even those that rape and torture people - He couldn't not love them, because then ... well ... he wouldn't love EVERYone, and we can't have that (what if someone else thought of a god that could love more people than mine??? 😲)!!!
Oh and his punishment for doing what he doesn't like!? oh its the WORST you can ever imagine ... and it goes on for like ... forever!!!!

Oh and my God, if it took a $hit, it wouldn't stink - oh no ... if he took a $h!t ... it would smell like roses, and not just any old roses of course ... it would be the sweetest smelling thing there could possibly be!!!

Oh yes ... my god has to be the bestest of the best in the whole wide universe at absolutely everything!!!

😞

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
14 Jul 14

Originally posted by Agerg
he's well awesome you see ... he can do everything, get that!? not lots of things, not just more things than we can possibly imagine ... but absolutely everything...check it man ... EVERYTHING!!!
Oh and he hasn't been around for a long time, he's been around, like for ages, no scratch th ...[text shortened]... d has to be the bestest of the best in the whole wide universe at absolutely everything!!!

😞
It sounds like God's a Texan.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
14 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by hakima
It sounds like God's a Texan.
heh ... it sounds like you're a Texan! :]

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
14 Jul 14

heh ... it sounds like you're a Texan! :]
Not really...but I live in Texas and I know Texans...

😉

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Jul 14

😉
I am from Texas and yes we are awesome...Lol

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jul 14

😉
My wife Evelyn and I lived in Houston for six wonderful years.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
14 Jul 14

😉
yer an honest to Gawd texan now, honey,
because common law done said so...
you see, you sweetly learned how to sashay,
and the requirement's been waived for lasso...

😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Jul 14

Oh and he hasn't been around for a long time, he's been around, like for ages, no scratch th ...[text shortened]... d has to be the bestest of the best in the whole wide universe at absolutely everything!!!

😞
May I ask you what was your "inspiration" for this "jewel" of literature?

I mean, I guess what I want to know is, who peed in your Wheaties today?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Jul 14
4 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
May I ask you what was your "inspiration" for this "jewel" of literature?

I mean, I guess what I want to know is, who peed in your Wheaties today?
My inspiration? The claim that "God" is omnipotent (and the acknowledgement this entity is widely touted to also be omni-everything else). Tis such a silly concept when one thinks about it.

Though with the exception of the purposely objectionable penultimate statement (more for cheap comedy than anything else) ... which of those characteristics I describe of the typical theist conception of "God" do you take issue with? I.e. which (if any) of the things that "He" supposedly does do you perhaps not think is:

absolutely, no questions asked, fantastically, never can be beaten in 10 bazillion-infinion-kajillion-squillion infinities, more awesome than any other conception of things a "God" can do?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
15 Jul 14

My inspiration? The claim that "God" is omnipotent (and the acknowledgement this entity is widely touted to also be omni-everything else). Tis such a silly concept when one thinks about it.

Though with the exception of the purposely objectionable penultimate statement (more for cheap comedy than anything else) ... which of those characteristics I describe o ...[text shortened]... kajillion-squillion infinities, more awesome than any other conception of things a "God" can do?
Omnipotence does imply omni-everything else.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
15 Jul 14

Oh and my God, if it took a $hit, it wouldn't stink - oh no ... if he took a $h!t ... it would smell like roses, and not just any old roses of course ... it would be the sweetest smelling thing there could possibly be!!!
it IS a tough sell, telling folks that what yer God has is unequaled by anything imaginable...
rational thinkers might find it a tad hard to swallow, so dang big you cain't never see around and yet gentle as a butterfly...

and then there's the whole invisibility thingie...

but,
what if, just imagine, what if She WAS real, just not yet detected by human means...

that would be sorta awesome, amirite???

what if, what if, what if???

oh, yeah, and to yer point about sweet-smelling poopers, i gotta dog who will eagerly eat the peaches and apples that fall from the tree, and let me tell you son, her crap smells DELICIOUS...

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
15 Jul 14

Originally posted by rookie54
...i gotta dog who will eagerly eat the peaches and apples that fall from the tree, and let me tell you son, her crap smells DELICIOUS...
Darlin'...

I think he said "God" not dog...

...on the other hand, she IS a TEXAS dog...

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Jul 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
Where did I say or loosely imply it did?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Jul 14

So it doesn't mean it can have sex with anything?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
17 Jul 14

My first answer to this one was garbage (saw a "not" before "imply" which was never actually there). Anyway I disagree with omnipotence implying omni-everything else. Being powerful enough to action any possible event does not imply a mind capable of thinking about such events.
Even easier, why should omnipotence imply omni-benevolence!?