Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Muslim Murdered by Hindus for Allegedly Eating Beef in India

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How do you feel about shockingly high rates of domestic violence against women who do not have the economic wherewithal, independence, social status or cultural support to be able to get divorced and therefore cannot escape the violence? Please do not go into a comedy routine based on pretending not to understand the issue, robbie. This is a nasty enough real is ...[text shortened]... ue without you trying to make some nasty attention-seeking, catchphrase-strewn comedy out of it.
evidence please that the divorce rate is low because of the prevalence of violence.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
And so, countless millions of women are trapped in violent marriages "for life" because of "different perspectives". It's not something anyone can draw anything positive from, unless they are some sort of oblivious ideologues.
evidence please that the divorce rate is low because of the prevalence of violence.

F

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Where is it you think I made this claim? Please, spare us your deliberately-miss-the-point clowning. Address what I actually say.

F

Moves
02 Oct 15

No one has claimed that there is not domestic violence, no one has claimed that its not seen as culturally acceptable, infact i made the comment myself
If it were easier for battered women to divorce their violent husbands, rather than be trapped in dysfunctional marriages characterized by domestic violence and abuse, wouldn't that be a positive thing that we could all welcome?

w

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
If it were easier for battered women to divorce their violent husbands, rather than be trapped in dysfunctional marriages characterized by domestic violence and abuse, wouldn't that be a positive thing that we could all welcome?
How about doing away with state marriage altogether.

That way they could just walk away and get on with the rest of their lives.

F

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by whodey
How about doing away with state marriage altogether.

That way they could just walk away and get on with the rest of their lives.
I would have thought you believed in the sanctity of marriage vows. I also would have thought you'd support the state playing a role in enforcing contracts. If you think that women should be able ~ and be enabled ~ to walk away from domestic violence and get on with the rest of their lives free of their violent husbands, if that is the right solution, and that it is a good thing if the surrounding society accepts and encourages this course of action, then you and I are probably pretty much in agreement.

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Where is it you think I made this claim? Please, spare us your deliberately-miss-the-point clowning. Address what I actually say.
Here is your statement you ol Blue Meanie,

If you are concerned about domestic violence why do you so often hold up marriage in India and its supposedly admirable low divorce rate.

The import of this statement of yours is, is that you seem to think there is a correlation between domestic violence and low divorce rates otherwise how are we to understand your text in any other way?

F

Moves
02 Oct 15

Here is your statement you ol Blue Meanie,

If you are concerned about domestic violence why do you so often hold up marriage in India and its supposedly admirable low divorce rate.

The import of this statement of yours is, is that you seem to think there is a correlation between domestic violence and low divorce rates otherwise how are we to understand your text in any other way?
Low divorce rates in places where too many of those marriages are violent abusive confines from which women cannot escape - due to social "perspectives" and due to the status of those women - are not something to extol when supposedly condemning violence against women.

If you had any genuine, informed concerned about domestic violence why on earth would you so often hold up marriage in India as some sort of ideal when its low divorce rate is due to cultural pressures and only serves to make the nightmare ~ that far too many women there have to endure ~ all the worse?

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Low divorce rates in places where too many of those marriages are violent abusive confines from which women cannot escape - due to social "perspectives" and due to the status of those women - are not something to extol when supposedly condemning violence against women.

If you had any genuine, informed concerned about domestic violence why on earth would you ...[text shortened]... nly serves to make the nightmare ~ that far too many women there have to endure ~ all the worse?
So you do think that there is a correlation between low divorce rates and domestic violence, where is your evidence for it?

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF

If you had any genuine, informed concerned about domestic violence why on earth would you ...[text shortened]... nly serves to make the nightmare ~ that far too many women there have to endure ~ all the worse?
One of the reasons about low divorce rates in India is probably culture (Hinduism) which teaches : “Marriage is a lifetime union of not only two souls but also of two different families/generations…..Both families (Bride’s and Groom’s side) and their blessings/attention/opinion/guidance matters in a successful marriage”.

Also, Hindus traditionally follows some basic rules like:

One Life One Wife (Inspired from Lord Rama’s life story)
Karma /Dharma towards family & society
Family which lives/eats together stays together
Consider Gross income of family rather than focusing on individual’s income (this avoids conflicts between couples or other close family members)
Family first, self interest later
Maintaining harmony
Taking parent’s/elder’s (both side) opinion in major family decisions
Saving money or investing together for future crisis (Land/ House/ Gold/ Silver/ Diamonds)
Responsibility or upbringing of Kids together (they need love from both)
Avoid being Spendthrift/Careless (not just about money but also other natural resources)
Staying away from Alcohol/Smoke/Bad habits as it spoils married life/family
Parental (both sides) guidance/moral support/counselling if there are frequents fights between husband-wife

https://globindian.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/why-divorce-rate-is-low-in-india/

Not a single mention of domestic violence being a factor. Did you simply make it up?

F

Moves
02 Oct 15

So you do think that there is a correlation between low divorce rates and domestic violence, where is your evidence for it?
Address what I am saying to you. I am being perfectly clear. I am saying that low divorce rates ~ this statistical fact that you lionize ~ disguise the horror of marriage in India, except that they don't disguise it - because the phenomenon is well known - it is just ideologues like you who seek to disguise or distract from the horror: why else would you praise these low divorce rates? Why else would you praise 'Indian marriage' as an examplar?

F

Moves
02 Oct 15

Not a single mention of domestic violence being a factor. Did you simply make it up?
Surely you are not suggesting that domestic violence is not a "factor" in marriage in India?

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Address what I am saying to you. I am being perfectly clear. I am saying that low divorce rates ~ this statistical fact that you lionize ~ disguise the horror of marriage in India, except that they don't disguise it - because the phenomenon is well known - it is just ideologues like you who seek to disguise or distract from the horror: why else would you praise these low divorce rates? Why else would you praise 'Indian marriage' as an examplar?
No you address what i have asked you three times, where is the evidence for your understanding? did you simply think that you could fabricate some kind of emotive codswallop and palm it off as valid? You seem to think that there is a link between low divorce in India and domestic violence, where is the evidence for it?

rc

Moves
02 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Surely you are not suggesting that domestic violence is not a "factor" in marriage in India?
I am asking you to provide evidence for it, four times I have asked you and we are still waiting.

F

Moves
02 Oct 15

I am asking you to provide evidence for it, four times I have asked you and we are still waiting.
Evidence of what? The "claim" you are saying has been made is not a claim that I have made. This surely is not an appropriate topic for your clowning, robbie.