1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am asking you to provide evidence for it, four times I have asked you and we are still waiting.
    You require evidence that there is a high rate of domestic violence in India?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:09
    You seem to think that there is a link between low divorce in India and domestic violence, where is the evidence for it?
    I have made perfectly clear what I think. If you have any sincerity about the plight of women who suffer abuse, why not address what I have said about what I think and discuss it properly?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    How about doing away with state marriage altogether.

That way they could just walk away and get on with the rest of their lives.
    That gets a bit more complicated when there are 10 kids involved.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:12
    I think its because they have a different perspective about marriage that it should be for life.
    Evidence please.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    That way they could just walk away and get on with the rest of their lives.
    What if the man keeps the house and walks away with the other assets and the penniless "discredited" woman is out on the street?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:27
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Evidence please.
    already provided see my references to cultural aspects and Hinduism.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You require evidence that there is a high rate of domestic violence in India?
    I was the first in this thread to draw attention to domestic abuse in India, you attempted to make something of domestic violence and low divorce rates and cannot produce a single iota of evidence to substantiate that perspective and now you are left looking like a well skelped bum and have resorted to cheapos?

Why don't you stick to accosting those jolly fellows that attempt to traverse across your bridge? but God help him if he happens to be jovial that day, you'll son suck out every vestige of frivolity from him.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:35
    I think its because they have a different perspective about marriage that it should be for life.
    Like I asked you before, but you dodged it because it doesn't fit your current deliberately-misunderstand-the point riff, if it were easier (economically, culturally) for battered women to divorce their violent husbands, rather than be trapped in dysfunctional marriages characterized by domestic violence and abuse, wouldn't that be a positive thing that we could all welcome?

Would you accept (or even welcome) a higher divorce rate if it meant that more women could escape safe and sound (and financially viable) from physically abusive marriages?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:37
    Why don't you stick to accosting those jolly fellows that attempt to traverse across your bridge? but God help him if he happens to be jovial that day, you'll son suck out every vestige of frivolity from him.
    I think this rather gruesome topic requires something different than the brand of rhetorical "frivolity" that you offer.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I asked you before, but you dodged it because it doesn't fit your current deliberately-misunderstand-the point riff, if it were easier (economically, culturally) for battered women to divorce their violent husbands, rather than be trapped in dysfunctional marriages characterized by domestic violence and abuse, wouldn't that be a positive thing that we could ...[text shortened]... re women could escape safe and sound (and financially viable) from physically abusive marriages?
    I provided evidence which is damn more than you have. Look I am interested in evidence, if you ever manage to produce any let me know, ill be happy to consider it and go away happy that I have learned something.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think this rather gruesome topic requires something different than the brand of rhetorical "frivolity" that you offer.
    yes we should rely on your cheapos and obligatory nothingness.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:38
    I was the first in this thread to draw attention to domestic abuse in India, you attempted to make something of domestic violence and low divorce rates and cannot produce a single iota of evidence to substantiate that perspective and now you are left looking like a well skelped bum and have resorted to cheapos?
    I don't think this is a topic that lends itself to your Clan Forum style 'humour'.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't think this is a topic that lends itself to your Clan Forum style 'humour'.
    no one cares what you think, we are interested in evidence.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:40
    no one cares what you think, we are interested in evidence.
    But why do you need evidence of the high rate of domestic violence in India? Haven't you already conceded that it is high?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 17:41
    yes we should rely on your cheapos and obligatory nothingness.
    What "cheapos"? Is this a 'funny' word?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree