1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:14
    @suzianne said
    I never said that.

I have slammed the JWs myself for their "beliefs" they indoctrinate their followers with. Same with the LDS church.

But holding up the followers of these religions as whackos or dishonest or calculating is not entirely justified. The leaders that inculcate the followers with these beliefs, yeah, but not the victims of the church leadership.
    Who has said all Mormons are “whackos” and/or “dishonest”?

The OP is about the Mormon organisations doctrines and beliefs.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:15
    @suzianne said
    You attacking me just proves to me that you are far worse than those you perpetually criticize.
    “Attacking”?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:17
    @divegeester said
    Are you ok to discuss this, or is it off limits?
    I never said anything was "off-limits"

It's one thing to criticize the stated beliefs of an organization, or the leaders who promote and propagate these fringe ideas, but to slam those who have been indoctrinated by the leaders of these groups is simply blaming the victims.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:20
    @divegeester said
    Who has said all Mormons are “whackos” and/or “dishonest”?

The OP is about the Mormon organisations doctrines and beliefs.
    No, he's slamming a post one member made, and slapping that member around for it.

We have no understanding if this is the standard teaching of the group, but it is clear he's attacking the person for the post and not the church for the beliefs.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:22
    @divegeester said
    “Attacking”?
    His attacks on me typically refer to me in the third person. This indicates the tenor and purpose of his post, and classically exposes his holier-than-thou rhetoric.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:51
    @suzianne said
    His attacks on me typically refer to me in the third person. This indicates the tenor and purpose of his post, and classically exposes his holier-than-thou rhetoric.
    Another frustrated lesbian on the loose. Nobody can discuss anything in peace.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:54
    @suzianne said
    No, he's slamming a post one member made, and slapping that member around for it.
    Who is he “slamming” and where is this post?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:55
    @suzianne said
    Gosh, referring to you in the third person; will you need counselling over this?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:56
    @suzianne said
    We have no understanding if this is the standard teaching of the group, but it is clear he's attacking the person for the post and not the church for the beliefs.
    What specifically is it you are referring to that we don’t know is a standard Mormon teaching?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 17:14
    @rajk999 said
    We have a Mormon among us, probably for the first time. He is Mr. Petty Talk, very vocal around here, so this should be an interesting discussion, comparing JWs and Mormons.
    Interesting how PettyTalk is avoiding your thread.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 17:35
    @divegeester said
    Interesting how PettyTalk is avoiding your thread.
    Yep. He is probably gathering information from the other elders. They have a structure similar to the JWs. The elders are like God, and get their own planet, galaxy or universe to rule over. This is why he told me he is going to torture / punish me in hell [whatever that meant]. He is a sick deluded brainwashed Mormon who thinks he is God. You can deduce that from his arrogant posts. The idiot thinks he is in charge of planet Earth.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 21:421 edit
    Here is another comment from Reddit

Mormons do not believe they get their own planet. That’s small potatoes. Mormons believe they become Gods and create galaxies and universes as a God. They populate these galaxies with the spirit children they created with the massive amounts of celestial sex the worthy males have with their polygamous harem of wives. Anyone who says this isn’t true – never studied church history or is in denial.

Mormons lean heavily on plastic surgery because their teachings are all surface level about outside appearances, and prosperity = worthiness. There is pressure to look ideal because if your appearance is ideal – you must be pretty special and worthy. Always put your best foot forward. Never complain and make it appear that you are favored by God. We also have a lot of suicides in UT because of this attitude.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mormon/comments/v2su8q/is_it_true_mormons_believe_they_get_a_planet_when/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree