morality is up to us

morality is up to us

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
22 Oct 17
2 edits

morality is up to us, even if you are christian!

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @apathist

[youtube]PK7P7uZFf5o[/youtube]
It is up to the Christian to obey Biblical principles, yes.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
It is up to the Christian to obey Biblical principles, yes.
Thankfully they don't.

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Thankfully they don't.
Would you be thankful if your Christian neighbors didn't love their neighbor as they love themselves?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Oct 17

Would you be thankful if your Christian neighbors didn't love their neighbor as they love themselves?
You mean like those Christian white supremicists killing gays and Jews and blacks?

rain

Moves
23 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonhouse
You mean like those Christian white supremicists killing gays and Jews and blacks?
Or Christians who believe women are to be "in all subjection" to their husbands, and not be allowed to teach in their churches? And that that women are to be "silent" in church, and must "be in submission"?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
27 Oct 17

They don't. For a more hateful, judgmental, misogynist, racist, elitist group, look towards some of the other abrahamic religions. Or any inner city street gang. At least christians aren't the very worst!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Oct 17

[youtube]PK7P7uZFf5o[/youtube]
Naw, the only way that is true would be that only we matter. The only way that would be true is if all views were equally valid and true, As soon as and line is put anywhere than someone’s views don’t count or are not as valid as others.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
27 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Naw, the only way that is true would be that only we matter. The only way that would be true is if all views were equally valid and true, As soon as and line is put anywhere than someone’s views don’t count or are not as valid as others.
Kelly, I need to talk with you about something. Truth. You use that word a lot, but I think you haven't realized what it means.

I have an older brother, so I guess I'm lucky, but one christmas season I wan't in school yet and he told me there is no santa clause just look at the handwriting on the gift tags and see. So I'm barely four years old and thanks to my idiot brother I noticed: my mom is santa! And she's my dad, too!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Oct 17

Kelly, I need to talk with you about something. Truth. You use that word a lot, but I think you haven't realized what it means.

I have an older brother, so I guess I'm lucky, but one christmas season I wan't in school yet and he told me there is no santa clause just look at the handwriting on the gift tags and see. So I'm barely four years old and thanks to my idiot brother I noticed: my mom is santa! And she's my dad, too!
That doesn’t change anything I said.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
28 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
So your skepticism about the validity of subjective morality is expressed by offering your own subjective opinion, and the irony escapes you.

Moves
28 Oct 17

So your skepticism about the validity of subjective morality is expressed by offering your own subjective opinion, and the irony escapes you.
Upon what is your confidence in subjective morality based?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
28 Oct 17

Upon what is your confidence in subjective morality based?
Reality. This is what really is happening, this is really how sentient creatures operate. Even your camp, with its thousands of religions and millions of sects, subjective morality still describes your behavior.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 17

"Naw, the only way that is true would be that only we matter. The only way that would be true is if all views were equally valid and true, As soon as and line is put anywhere than someone’s views don’t count or are not as valid as others."

This is what I said, if morality was up to us, which one of us? If you claim all of us than
every view and opinion are equal, if you say just those that X, whatever X is, how do you
put X above everyone else? You are claiming a our views are what matters, yet our
views do not agree with each other, so there is a problem. Irony isn't escaping me, you
on the other hand I think should look at it quite closely and explain yourself a little better.

Moves
29 Oct 17

Reality. This is what really is happening, this is really how sentient creatures operate. Even your camp, with its thousands of religions and millions of sects, subjective morality still describes your behavior.
This reality you speak of can it be objectively verified or is it only subjective?