1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '19 16:55
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

From memory, sonship seemed open to the idea that they were faked.

It has been told me by someone familiar with military service (US Airforce) and who is a strong supporter of the Apollo moon landings, that some of the footage is obviously staged (fake). And it was done so beforehand, in case of failure or mishap. In case ...[text shortened]... that is probably my only comment right now.
    I have only browsed through some of the contributions.
    You read like philokalia when he’s talking about someone he’s met who had told him about some racist stuff but he’s not really sure what to think and so just asks what everybody else thinks ... and blinks rapidly.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '19 16:56
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

From memory, sonship seemed open to the idea that they were faked.

It has been told me by someone familiar with military service (US Airforce) and who is a strong supporter of the Apollo moon landings, that some of the footage is obviously staged (fake). And it was done so beforehand, in case of failure or mishap. In case ...[text shortened]... that is probably my only comment right now.
    I have only browsed through some of the contributions.
    So do you think that the Moon landings happened or not?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '19 17:07
    @divegeester said
    ToO recently made a claim which I think (although I questioned him several times due to his poor grammar) was saying that several Christians in this forum believe that the Moon landings were faked.

Does anyone here think this and if so is there a spiritual aspect to your disbelief in the Apollo project?
    The moon landings were fake?

I thought the moon was fake.

In fact, I don't really believe anyone on this web site actually exists.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Oct '19 21:18
    @whodey said
    The moon landings were fake?

In fact, I don't really believe anyone on this web site actually exists.
    Yeah, NASA's real job is to hold up a giant wheel of brie in the sky. Their employees have a habit of eating it, which explains the phases of the moon and they have to get a new one each month. They would use Philadelphia cream cheese, but there was a labour dispute over health concerns about food additives.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '19 22:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Oct '19 23:29
    @Duchess64
    The moon and Antarctica
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 09:01
    @sonship said

It has been told me by someone familiar with military service
    We have all come across him ...
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 09:143 edits
    @wolfgang59

We may not have all come across him as your sarcasm suggests.
    But many of us are familiar with President Bill Clinton, an American president who voiced his doubts about what he was led to believe about moon landings.

Former President Bill Clinton in his 2004 autobiography, My Life, states: "Just a month before, Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong had left their colleague, Michael Collins, aboard spaceship Columbia and walked on the moon...The old carpenter asked me if I really believed it happened. I said sure, I saw it on television. He disagreed; he said that he didn't believe it for a minute, that 'them television fellers' could make things look real that weren't. Back then, I thought he was a crank. During my eight years in Washington, I saw some things on TV that made me wonder if he wasn't ahead of his time."[2]
    From Wiki
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 09:323 edits
    @sonship said
    @wolfgang59

We may not have all come across him as your sarcasm suggests.But many of us are familiar with President Bill Clinton, an American president who voiced his doubts about what he was led to believe about moon landings.
    Former President Bill Clinton in his 2004 autobiography, My Life, states: "Just a I saw some things on TV that made me wonder if he wasn't ahead of his time."[2]
    From Wiki
    So do you think that the Moon landings happened or not?
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 11:34
    Currently, in the United States; there are two statements which automatically disqualify a person from being taken seriously in any conversation:

- "The moon-landings were staged."
    - "Donald Trump is a great man."
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 12:37
    @divegeester

You already got your wisecrack in. You already expressed what you think you know about what I wrote. So be happy with your already settled view.

You read like philokalia when he’s talking about someone he’s met who had told him about some racist stuff but he’s not really sure what to think and so just asks what everybody else thinks ... and blinks rapidly.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 12:48
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

You already got your wisecrack in. You already expressed what you think you know about what I wrote. So be happy with your already settled view.

It’s not a “wisecrack”.

Philokalia used to post in debates about something he had been given to read which he then talked about in the forum as though he was undecided on what it meant but really he was. He would go all blinky-eyed and say he wasn’t sure what it meant and why did other people think etc.

Your post read a little like that. I.e. you have an opinion but are too embarrassed to say outright what that opinion is, so you post an opinion by someone else with which you most likely agree but feel insulated from any forum blowback or scrutiny which may ensue.

Hence me asking you for a third time... do you personally think the moon landings actually happened?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 13:001 edit
    @divegeester

I have lingering doubts about some of the video footage. These questions influence my view of what in 1969 was told I was seeing me on television.

I saw the first broadcasted landing on live TV.

I find it hard to shake all of these questions. And I have never been afraid of ANY "blowback" from you Divegeester, except when your breath is a little foul smelling.

Do you believe it, lock, stock, and barrel, ALL of it ??
    I have some doubts about some things.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 13:03
    @sonship said
    @sonship said
    I find it hard to shake all of these questions. And I have never been afraid of ANY "blowback" from you Divegeester, except when your breath is a little foul smelling.

Do you think the evidence that Jesus rose from the dead is stronger and more convincing than the evidence that the U.S. landed on the moon?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '19 13:133 edits
    @FMF

Do you think the evidence that Jesus rose from the dead is stronger and more convincing than the evidence that the U.S. landed on the moon?

Yes.

By the way. I do not WANT that six or seven times men DID NOT walked and ride buggies on the moon. I'm just curious about the real facts.

I also find it puzzling that the technology written in multitudes of NASA documents had been lost.

I would sooner believe if NASA just came out and said that the technology is nobody's business, state secrets, and they classified all of it. But that they lost it?

Sounds fishy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree