Mississippi passes religious 'Freedom' bill:

Mississippi passes religious 'Freedom' bill:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 16

Homosexuality is immoral and sinful. Immorality is violating the rules of right and wrong.
It stands in direct confrontation of what God intended sexually. ( sounds like Satan, no?)
Homosexual practice involves demonic influence not genetic.
If you think homosexuality is "natural", then think on this...
Take two remote islands.
Put 10 normal heterosexual couples on one island and 10 homosexual couples on the second island.
Come back in 100 years and guess what you will find?
Nature itself rejects homosexuality. God clearly rejects homosexuality.
Now before you start calling me all the politically correct mumbo jumbo names, let me say I love people gay or not. I love or hate their actions. I have known of people who were homosexual who have been delivered from demonic influence and now live normal lives with the opposite gender. It takes the power of God.

rc

Moves
06 Apr 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Homosexuality is immoral and sinful. Immorality is violating the rules of right and wrong.
It stands in direct confrontation of what God intended sexually. ( sounds like Satan, no?)
Take two remote islands.
Put 10 normal heteros ...[text shortened]... demonic influence and now live normal lives with the opposite gender. It takes the power of God.
From where are you getting the idea that its demonic, this I have never read.

F

Moves
06 Apr 16

Take two remote islands.
Put 10 normal heteros ...[text shortened]... demonic influence and now live normal lives with the opposite gender. It takes the power of God.
I think you are conflating "immorality" with "sin". If you consider that many participants here do not conflate the two, you should perhaps use the word "sin" to refer to what you perceive to be transgressions of your God figure's supposed will as you believe has been revealed to you, and use the word "morality" to refer to acts that people here can all agree are right or wrong and which will in some instances coincide with what Christians (for example) see as being "sinful". Just a thought.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
From where are you getting the idea that its demonic, this I have never read.
No one scripture comes out and says so. It is a combination of verses.
1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.
NIV

1 Cor 6:9-10
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God
NIV

Rom 1:24-27

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator — who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
NIV

Demons have names... hate, envy, homosexual, blind, deaf and dumb, etc.
This is not something I will discuss in detail in a public forum where people with "itchy" ears peruse.

Cape Town

Moves
06 Apr 16
1 edit

Take two remote islands.
Put 10 normal heteros ...[text shortened]... ess what you will find?
Nature itself rejects homosexuality. God clearly rejects homosexuality.
By your argument, infertile people are demonic and when they have sex it is immoral.

Tell us, is sex for women who have passed menopause also demoniacally possessed?

Put 10 normal heterosexual couples over the age of 60 on an island and come back in 10 years. Guess what you will find?
Nature itself rejects old age. God clearly rejects old age.

How old are you again?

Cape Town

Moves
06 Apr 16

Demons have names... hate, envy, homosexual, blind, deaf and dumb, etc.
This is not something I will discuss in detail in a public forum where people with "itchy" ears peruse.
Is 'lying' one of those names? How about 'bigotry'?

Its funny that you won't discuss this secret knowledge on a public forum. Why is it so secret?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
I think you are conflating "immorality" with "sin". If you consider that many participants here do not conflate the two, you should perhaps use the word "sin" to refer to what you perceive to be transgressions of your God figure's supposed will as you believe has been revealed to you, and use the word "morality" to refer to acts that people here can all agree ar ...[text shortened]... ome instances coincide with what Christians (for example) see as being "sinful". Just a thought.
Noted... yes you are right..thank you

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
By your argument, infertile people are demonic and when they have sex it is immoral.

Tell us, is sex for women who have passed menopause also demoniacally possessed?

Put 10 normal heterosexual couples over the age of 60 on an island and come back in 10 years. Guess what you will find?
Nature itself rejects old age. God clearly rejects old age.

How old are you again?
I didn't say sex is sin. God invented sex.
God does not reject old age, how old are you?

Cape Town

Moves
06 Apr 16

Noted... yes you are right..thank you
Do you believe that any sin in public should be illegal? Would you have me arrested if I walked out into the street and looked at the sky and said something rude about God?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 16

Is 'lying' one of those names? How about 'bigotry'?

Its funny that you won't discuss this secret knowledge on a public forum. Why is it so secret?
Matt 7:6

6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
NKJV

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Apr 16

Take two remote islands.
You are as full of shyte as a christmas turkey.

Nature does not 'reject' homosexuality.

It is present in the animal world in a number of species.

You are throwing in strawman argument to bolster your religious argument.

The idea of morality in regards to sexual orientation is not morality but a clear instance of control. Religious people feel entitled to control various aspects of people's lives, sex included. In the past, restrictions on who can marry whom based on race, trying to call that a moral issue. I think we got past that one. Now you religious types simply want control. You think you decide who sleeps with whom. That is not the nature of mankind or the animal world.

Gayness has been around for thousands of years and if it was un-natural, it would have died out thousands of years ago. But it is still with us in spite of your hateful efforts at control.

It is between 2 and 5 % of the population in the past, now and in the future.

It is YOU and your ilk who are the problem not those folks who happen to be same sex couples just wanting to live their lives the way they want, not to be beholding to some bogus morality judgement based on a bogus religion like Christianity or any other.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Apr 16

Do you believe that any sin in public should be illegal? Would you have me arrested if I walked out into the street and looked at the sky and said something rude about God?
In a perfect world, yes. But then again you wouldn't be there.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Apr 16

In a perfect world, yes. But then again you wouldn't be there.
And I would not WANT to be there.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Apr 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Really? Ok how about if I go around hunting down and eating my rivals offspring like lets see a lion! Will I tell the police that Proper Knob said that I was just an animal and that in order for me to preserve my lineage i had to engage in infanticide like the lion that I am. I wonder what the judge will say when he sends me to prison when i base m ...[text shortened]... no place for you in a zoo but I have no choice, you broke the law. Wow we live in crazy times.!
What are you havering on about you loon? We are, by the very definition of the word, animals. Does this mean humans are justified in engaging in any animalistic behaviour as you seem to be suggesting? No, and no one is implying otherwise.

F

Moves
06 Apr 16

Matt 7:6

6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
NKJV
Why do you hang out on a debate and discussion forum that's not intended only for Christians if Matthew 7:6 is your go-to verse when you are unable to explain something?