Milk and Meat II

Milk and Meat II

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 May 17

It would be interesting to see what Christians perceive to be meaning of these expressions used by Paul and the Apostles pertaining to milk and meat:

1Co_3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Heb_5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Heb_5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

1Pe_2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Seems to me that the milk refers to the easy first principles of Christian life such as
- the reading of the Bible.
- understanding the basic prece[pts of Christian life
- singing of hymns
- the meetings and companionship
- the calling of Jesus name
- the praying

The meat is:
- the ability to discern right from wrong and following your conscience
- the understanding of what God and Christ requires of the Christian in terms of righteous living and good works

It is obvious that some Christians preach and live with the MILK ONLY and never grow as Paul said to the MEAT. In fact from Pauls description of what meat is about, it appears that growing in in the meat [righteousness and good works] is actively discouraged, almost forbidden.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
It would be interesting to see what Christians perceive to be meaning of these expressions used by Paul and the Apostles pertaining to milk and meat:

[quote]1Co_3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Heb_5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need t ...[text shortened]... growing in in the meat [righteousness and good works] is actively discouraged, almost forbidden.
I think you are probalbly correct.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I think you are probalbly correct.
Good, glad to hear that. In the case of someone like sonship, it is my opinion that he is stuck on milk, and cannot seem to graduate to meat. It could be that he has in his personal life graduated to meat, but from what he preaches here there is never a 'meat' conversation. I think that is not a good thing for him personally, and for anyone who is listening to him, agreeing with him and eventually following him.

Paul says: I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? (1 Corinthians 3:2-3 KJV)

Seems to be saying that milk lovers are still carnal or fleshly and continuing in sin.
Meat lovers it seems rise above that .

I could be wrong but thats my interpretation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 17

Peter is in agreement with Paul: As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: (1 Peter 2:2 KJV)

Milk is supposed to help the growth of the Christian. Milk alone for years and years ... this means that there is no growth.. just stagnation and even deterioration.

Meat and meat discussions suggest growth.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 17
1 edit

As examples the thread started by sonship "Dont be too hard on yourself" is a milk thread.

The companion thread with the same name which I started, is an example of a meat thread.

A young Christian might appreciate sonships milk thread. But a mature seasoned Christian should prefer meat. If he does not then his development is stunted

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 17

There is a mature Christian who sadly loves milk in her old age and hates to see others graduate to meat. She constantly demonstrates her stunted Christian development and her carnal nature by thumbing down all meat posts.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 May 17
1 edit

There is a mature Christian who sadly loves milk in her old age and hates to see others graduate to meat. She constantly demonstrates her stunted Christian development and her carnal nature by thumbing down all meat posts.
Funny, I have reached the age of 75 never worrying about what I eat. Fish, chips, hamburgers with a milkshake, chocolate bars by the ton. Don't smoke (to be clear, tobacco🙂 and don't do much alcohol but religious edicts against certain foods are simply ridiculous in the 21st century. Maybe back then somebody got a tummy ache after eating a steak and drinking goat milk or some such and a preacher goes, HAH, don't eat meat and milk together, So instant edict. Same with pork. We know now a parasite makes you sick not the actual pork, get rid of the parasite, eat all the bacon you want and pork chops and such.

So 'god' says, hey Jews, don't eat pork. It would have been a simple thing for an omniscient god to have just as easily said, Hey Jews, there is this little bad animal inside pork sometimes and THAT is what makes you sick. So eat all the pork you want, just cook the hell out of it first! But NOOOO, Don't eat pork. So human.

F

Moves
02 May 17

Originally posted by sonhouse
Funny, I have reached the age of 75 never worrying about what I eat. Fish, chips, hamburgers with a milkshake, chocolate bars by the ton. Don't smoke (to be clear, tobacco🙂 and don't do much alcohol but religious edicts against certain foods are simply ridiculous in the 21st century. Maybe back then somebody got a tummy ache after eating a steak and drinki ...[text shortened]... all the pork you want, just cook the hell out of it first! But NOOOO, Don't eat pork. So human.
This thread is about the symbolism of milk and meat in the Bible and not about dietary proscriptions for Jews regarding pork.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 May 17
2 edits

Funny, I have reached the age of 75 never worrying about what I eat. Fish, chips, hamburgers with a milkshake, chocolate bars by the ton. Don't smoke (to be clear, tobacco🙂 and don't do much alcohol but religious edicts against certain foods are simply ridiculous in the 21st century. Maybe back then somebody got a tummy ache after eating a steak and drinki ...[text shortened]... all the pork you want, just cook the hell out of it first! But NOOOO, Don't eat pork. So human.
Everybody knows you're an atheist an everybody knows you hate religion and flat-earthers. We are all going to carry on dicussing it and you telling us every day how weak, stupid and duped we are is going to change anything or anyone. You do realise this, don't you? Perhaps you have more of an interested in spiritual things than you let on.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 17

[quote]1Co_3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Heb_5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need t ...[text shortened]... growing in in the meat [righteousness and good works] is actively discouraged, almost forbidden.
No comment from milkman sonship?

Paul and Peter says you only write about elementary stuff, basic principles, childs stuff. When are you going to get down to the meat?
Give us the meat...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 May 17

Is your real name Jack Handey?

This sounds like something he'd write in this thread.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 May 17

Good, glad to hear that. In the case of someone like sonship, it is my opinion that he is stuck on milk, and cannot seem to graduate to meat. It could be that he has in his personal life graduated to meat, but from what he preaches here there is never a 'meat' conversation. I think that is not a good thing for him personally, and for anyone who is listening ...[text shortened]... sin.
Meat lovers it seems rise above that .

I could be wrong but thats my interpretation.
And this sounds like the Rolling Stones...

"Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
Cause I'm in need of some restraint"

Yeah, okay, Lucif... uhhh, Rajk.

F

Moves
02 May 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
And this sounds like the Rolling Stones...

"Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
Cause I'm in need of some restraint"

Yeah, okay, Lucif... uhhh, Rajk.
What about the symbolism of milk and meat in the Bible?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
What about the symbolism of milk and meat in the Bible?
Why don't you tell Rajk what you think about his "God figure", and how the Bible verses he quotes are man made?

While you're at it tell him how religious he is too.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 May 17

Originally posted by josephw
Why don't you tell Rajk what you think about his "God figure", and how the Bible verses he quotes are man made?

While you're at it tell him how religious he is too.
The 'milk and meat' explanation by Paul fell in your garden. I can tell you dont appreciate Paul condemning your church doctrine which you naively swallowed hook, line and sinker all these years.

Milk will not get you into the Kingdom of God. While you have life go add some meat to your life and stop worrying about me.