Michael Jackson / Jesus Christ....

Michael Jackson / Jesus Christ....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
27 Jun 09

Perhaps Raj can point to the passage where Christ gave the express command to celebrate Christmas, if he cannot, then he is obliged to explain where it came from and why?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 09

Originally posted by KingDavid403
[b] But it seems it's ok for many to judge us. Not fair huh?

No it's not. It clearly states that neither the person who esteems a day or the one who does not are to judge the other. No one is to judge others on this subject.[/b]
Very good to hear you feel that way...Keep it up.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
27 Jun 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Perhaps Raj can point to the passage where Christ gave the express command to celebrate Christmas, if he cannot, then he is obliged to explain where it came from and why?
There is nothing wrong with celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior. Raj already said he didn't celebrate Christmas. And that's OK to.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 09

Christ gave no express command to celebrate Christmas. He was silent on the subject so its a non-issue, of no consequence, irrelevant, pointless discussing further ....so I am obliged to explain nothing.

Christ said nothing about :

- the colour of his hair, so you are free to believe it was blond or brown.

- what kind of wine or bread to partake of in the communion, so you are free to choose which.

- what kind of tiles to put in your floor so I guess ceramic or porcelain or marble .. your choice.

- exactly how much to give to the church or to the poor, so again its up your discretion.

Get it Robbie ?

Christ did say this :

Matt 22:37 ... Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
27 Jun 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Christ gave no express command to celebrate Christmas. He was silent on the subject so its a non-issue, of no consequence, irrelevant, pointless discussing further ....so I am obliged to explain nothing.

- what kind of wine or bread to partake of ...[text shortened]... neighbour as thyself.
40 [b]On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
[/b]
Matt 22:37 ... Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Emphasizing 39[b] And the second is like the first,[b] Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

rc

Moves
27 Jun 09

There is nothing wrong with celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior. Raj already said he didn't celebrate Christmas. And that's OK to.
Ummm i do not mean to be rude, but umm, Christ was certainly not born on the 25th of December, you are not in fact celebrating his birth, but you are most certainly endorsing the Roman pagan festival of saturnalia, regardless of the veneer that you choose to put on it, but hey, that's up to you.

rc

Moves
27 Jun 09
3 edits

- what kind of wine or bread to partake of ...[text shortened]... neighbour as thyself.
40 [b]On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
[/b]
no actually i haven't the remotest idea of what the point is you are trying to make, but i am quite clear on the fact, that you have accused Gavelston of actively giving credence to an idea, i.e. the non participation of certain holidays, where on the bible is silent, thus it is acknowledged that the command is not there, the festival is pagan, why would he not exercise his conscience and refrain from participating in it. it makes perfectly clear sense why he would CHOOSE to do so! does it not?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 09

Ummm i do not mean to be rude, but umm, Christ was certainly not born on the 25th of December, you are not in fact celebrating his birth, but you are most certainly endorsing the Roman pagan festival of saturnalia, regardless of the veneer that you choose to put on it, but hey, that's up to you.
Would it be ok then to celebrate Christmas on December 24th?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
27 Jun 09
5 edits

I don't know what day Christ was born on. It doesn't matter.
I and many others celebrate the birth of our Lord and savior on this day tho. And for you to somehow say that people showing their love and worship and remembrance of our Lords birth on this day is somehow evil, Then this Is in fact evil and wrong in itself. And scripture clearly states so in Romans in the verses I pointed out.

you are most certainly endorsing the Roman pagan festival of saturnalia,
I'm not endorsing anything of the kind. And all the Christians I know most likely don't even know what you're talking about. All they know is they're loving and worshiping Jesus, and marking a special day to honor His birth.
So pagans use to have the festival of saturnalia on this same day until they came to Christ. Now they changed the festival to honor Christ instead, putting Christ at the forefront. So????

Sounds like you're looking for a excuse to judge other Christians for the days they honor and celebrate Jesus. No?

If you feel it's wrong to celebrate Christmas because of God then don't. There's nothing wrong with that of course. You're just honoring God in what you feel. But you are not allowed to judge others according to scripture that do honor God on this day either. They are doing it unto God. As you are doing it unto God by not celebrating Christmas.
And it would be wrong for others to judge you for not celebrating Christmas because of God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 09

Would it be ok then to celebrate Christmas on December 24th?
For you Raj...Sure. Go for it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 09

no actually i haven't the remotest idea of what the point is you are trying to make, but i am quite clear on the fact, that you have accused Gavelston of actively giving credence to an idea, i.e. the non participation of certain holidays, where on the bible is silent, thus it is acknowledged that the command is not there, the festival is pagan, why w ...[text shortened]... participating in it. it makes perfectly clear sense why he would CHOOSE to do so! does it not?
The conversation started with

Whodey saying " ..they can't so much as celebrate a holiday because no matter the holiday they can trace the origins of it to some pagan root..".

Galveston said "..but do you really know why according to the Bible? .."

Raj said : "..so tell us then where in the Bible Christ / Paul advised or implied that holidays should not be celebrated.."

Understand? Galveston set out to prove from the Bible that celebrating holidays was wrong according to JW doctrine.

He was proving the Bible said it was wrong.

My position is that it does not matter.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 09

Originally posted by galveston75
For you Raj...Sure. Go for it.
You have a short memory. you need to focus.
I already said I do not celebrate these religious holidays.
Neither do I condemn any who do .... unlike you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jun 09

I don't know what day Christ was born on. It doesn't matter.
I and many others celebrate the birth of our Lord and savior on this day tho. And for you to somehow say that people showing their love and worship and remembrance of our Lords birth on this day is somehow evil, Then this Is in fact evil and wrong in itself. And scripture clearly states ...[text shortened]... g for a excuse to judge other Christians for the days they honor and celebrate Jesus. No?
But what would you think about the idea that only 3 times birthdays were mentioned in the Bible. And all 3 of those times it was people of pagan nations that observed them. And I believe at 2 of those celibrations God's servants were exicuted. John the Babtist was one of them. They were part of pagan nations that God said to stay away from and not to do as they do in respects to customs and celibrations which usually meant worshiping some pagan God..
In fact more then once God's own people lost their lives at the hand of God for mixing with them and joining in with their customs.
But again, just asking, does it not raise a little curiousity that never in the Bible did one of God's servants celibrate their birthdays? Even just one mention of it?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jun 09

But what would you think about the idea that only 3 times birthdays were mentioned in the Bible. And all 3 of those times it was people of pagan nations that observed them. And I believe at 2 of those celibrations God's servants were exicuted. John the Babtist was one of them. They were part of pagan nations that God said to stay away from and not to do ...[text shortened]... n the Bible did one of God's servants celibrate their birthdays? Even just one mention of it?
Sound doctrine is not based on speculation.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
27 Jun 09
1 edit

But what would you think about the idea that only 3 times birthdays were mentioned in the Bible. And all 3 of those times it was people of pagan nations that observed them. And I believe at 2 of those celibrations God's servants were exicuted. John the Babtist was one of them. They were part of pagan nations that God said to stay away from and not to do n the Bible did one of God's servants celibrate their birthdays? Even just one mention of it?
I would say if you feel that way and feel it's wrong in God's eyes to do so, then don't. Honor God in your heart first.
But don't judge others that do either. Romans chapter 14 verse 10 & 11.

We all will stand before God.

Jesus said over and over and over not to judge others.

If someone is celebrating a birthday to dishonor God or is dishonoring God in their heart by doing this then they will answer to Him for it.
But it's not up to us to judge or decide this. If fact scripture tells us clearly not to judge these matters.