1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 19:572 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Christ quoted consistently form the Torah, the Psalms and the Prophets, he observed the teachings and taught others to do the same, i suggest you read the Bible in its entirety instead of picking the portions that suit you as if you were in a convenience store buying breakfast cereal, oh, and while we are here, you have still not told us whether we s ...[text shortened]... words of Moses and or Paul, and yes, you shall not slither out of it so easily, well should we?
    This was YOUR assertion:
    "so we are according to your reasoning, to disregard the entire biblical cannon except for the words of Christ, which would seem quite strange, for Christ himself stated of the bible, Your word (Gods word, i.e the Bible) is truth'."

Did you read the chapter? Tell me if Jesus was saying what you asserted? Who's doing the "slithering"?

C'mon, surprise me. Show me that you're capable of making a fully honest post. Or is a lack of integrity too ingrained in your character?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 21:38
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    This was YOUR assertion:
    "so we are according to your reasoning, to disregard the entire biblical cannon except for the words of Christ, which would seem quite strange, for Christ himself stated of the bible, Your word (Gods word, i.e the Bible) is truth'."

Did you read the chapter? Tell me if Jesus was saying what you asserted? Who's doing the "slith ...[text shortened]... f making a fully honest post. Or is a lack of integrity too ingrained in your character?
    you have consistently failed to address it even though you have been prompted on numerous occasions and slithered away or put up a smoke screen, if you have not the honesty nor the integrity to answer the question, then i have nothing more to say to you, for a workman of the Lord does not need to fight,

not to fight about words, a thing of no usefulness at all because it overturns those listening.  Do your utmost to present yourself approved to God, a workman with nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of the truth aright. But shun empty speeches that violate what is holy; for they will advance to more and more ungodliness, 2 Timothy 2:14-16

have a good evening - regards Robbie.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '09 22:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you have consistently failed to address it even though you have been prompted on numerous occasions and slithered away or put up a smoke screen, if you have not the honesty nor the integrity to answer the question, then i have nothing more to say to you, for a workman of the Lord does not need to fight,

not to fight about words, a thing of no use ...[text shortened]... advance to more and more ungodliness, 2 Timothy 2:14-16

have a good evening - regards Robbie.
    I answered it with the following:
    "Jesus does not say to continue in the words of Moses or Paul. He says to continue in HIS words."

Then for you to try to turn it around on me speaks volumes about your lack of character.

Let's see just how dishonest you were with just one of your statements:
    ""so we are according to your reasoning, to disregard the entire biblical cannon except for the words of Christ, which would seem quite strange, for Christ himself stated of the bible, Your word (Gods word, i.e the Bible) is truth'."

1) I never said that you are to "disregard the entire biblical cannon except for the words of Christ". This is purely an inference on your part where you set up a straw man.

2) Your assertion that "...Christ himself stated of the bible..." is obviously false.

3) Your assertion that when Jesus said "Your [God's] word is truth" equates "God's word" with the Bible is also false.

Congratulations. You scored a trifecta of falseness with but a single statement. Unfortunately this is just the tip of the iceberg. You're a real piece of work.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 01:01
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You pick and choose, but don't have enough integrity to admit it even to yourself. You pick that which allows you to use the Bible to further your bigotry. I pick the teachings of Jesus.
    Oh really????
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 02:54
    Jesus didn't say anything about the Bible, It's not Bible "cannon".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree