Mark of the Beast

Mark of the Beast

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dublin

Moves
23 Feb 21

What will the mark of the Beast be?

I am thinking it will be financially related.

As we move closer to a cashless society and a one world Government I see a system coming whereby everyone in the world will have a card. If you work it will be topped up by credits from your employer.
If you don't work it will be topped up by the Government.

They will be credits. No more Dollars or Euro or Pounds.

You want petrol swipe the card it's costing so many credits.

You want food? Same.

A ride on a bus? Same.

Medical bill? Same.

All your personal details will be on this card. You can't buy or sell unless you have this card.

You are nobody unless you have this card.

Could the mark of the Beast be this card???

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 21

@InstantKarma777

As far as the mark is concerned, it could be like this or even worse.

The number of his name is 666. That has specific significance in that it points probably points to a person's name.

Since some who know me well here, I preempt their remarks by warning you. i just about always end up saying something to exalt Jesus Christ, no matter what the Spirituality topic is.

Moves
23 Feb 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 21

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 21
2 edits

@InstantKarma777
It was a interesting observation, that OP.

I found it more interesting then Caesar Salad's question about why no BBQ sauce is mentioned in the Bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 21
1 edit

@InstantKarma777

No one in his realm will be able to buy or sell without the mark.

"And he causes all, the small and the great and the rich and the poor, and the freemen and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and that no one maty be able to buy or sell except him who has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of his name.." (Rev. 13:16,17)

There will also be some great idol involved which seems act as it is alive.

" . . . commanding those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast, who had the stroke of the sword and revived. And power was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast that the image of the beast might even speak and cause whoever would not worship the image of the beast to be killed." (Rev. 13;14b-15)

These will be terrible times.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Feb 21

If speaking about the Antichrist will cause some to be more interested in Christ, then for a awhile I would speak of the Antichrist.

Because one meaning of antichrist is "instead of Christ" it is useful to compare the two for contrast. This era of world history will come to a tumultuous conclusion with three and one half years of terror under one to whom Satan grants all his power - the Antichrist.

Christ will destroy such a one and his government and establish His reign on this planet. This vindication CANNOT fail to take place. And the book of Revelation shows that from God's perspective it has already ALL taken place to Him.

With God being so transcendent over time, believe me, you want to be on His side.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 21

@sonship said
@InstantKarma777

No one in his realm will be able to buy or sell without the mark.

"And he causes all, the small and the great and the rich and the poor, and the freemen and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and that no one maty be able to buy or sell except him who has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of ...[text shortened]... worship the image of the beast to be killed." (Rev. 13;14b-15)

These will be terrible times.
Are these verses from your Recovery version?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Feb 21
1 edit

@suzianne said
Are these verses from your Recovery version?
I have the RcV on my desk and usually quote it.

Double check those verses on other English versions at www.biblehub.com.
Please do.

(I typo-ed the word "may" )

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 21

@instantkarma777 said
What will the mark of the Beast be?

I am thinking it will be financially related.

As we move closer to a cashless society and a one world Government I see a system coming whereby everyone in the world will have a card. If you work it will be topped up by credits from your employer.
If you don't work it will be topped up by the Government.

They will be cre ...[text shortened]... is card.

You are nobody unless you have this card.

Could the mark of the Beast be this card???
"to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:"

The Mark of the Beast, is, as it says, a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads.

And the next verse implicitly states that it will be financial.

Now having the Mark might allow one to also have a card to buy and sell with, but the Mark itself is a mark (go figure) in the right hand or the forehead. Think of it as the "photo ID" proof for the card.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 21

@sonship said
I have the RcV on my desk and usually quote it.

Double check those verses on other English versions at www.biblehub.com.
Please do.

(I typo-ed the word "may" )
Well, you mention the "stroke of the sword", whereas the KJV only mentions a "deadly wound". How do you know the wound was caused by a sword?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Feb 21

@Suzianne
No one should want to be here in those days.
Those days are called "the great tribulation".

This will mainly be in Europe. Refugees will be fleeing from this reign of terror to where ever they can get.

Antichrist will destroy religious Christiandom and ramsack the Roman Catholic Church. People of faith in God will be enemies of the state.

This is probably the tip of the iceberg at the terrible things done by this last and final evil dictator.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Feb 21

@sonship said
@Suzianne
No one should want to be here in those days.
Those days are called "the great tribulation".

This will mainly be in Europe. Refugees will be fleeing from this reign of terror to where ever they can get.

Antichrist will destroy religious Christiandom and ramsack the Roman Catholic Church. People of faith in God will be enemies of the state.

T ...[text shortened]... is probably the tip of the iceberg at the terrible things done by this last and final evil dictator.
I'm aware of the Great Tribulation. We could discuss this all day, getting into specifics, but my question to you was more about the Recovery version's translation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Feb 21
2 edits

@Suzianne

Well, you mention the "stroke of the sword", whereas the KJV only mentions a "deadly wound". How do you know the wound was caused by a sword?

Never considered that too much. Let's see some other renditions. Rev. 13:12
Checking the RcV I have in verse 12.
" . . . worship the first beast, whose death stroke was healed.".

Verse 3 says in the RcV " . . . and his death stroke was healed."

I see many "fatal wound" as a translation.
The American Standard has " . . . whose death-stroke was healed."

The English Revised Version has also " . . . death-stroke . . ."

The NET Bible has " lethal wound "

wound
πληγὴ (plēgē)
Noun - Nominative Feminine Singular
Strong's Greek 4127: A blow, stripe, wound; an affliction, plague. From plesso; a stroke; by implication, a wound; figuratively, a calamity.

I'll have to go back and see if I wrote something about a sword and why. Thanks.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
24 Feb 21

@suzianne said
I think the KJV also says sword.