1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 02:291 edit
    I do not know why, but someone thinks I shy away from the warnings about not inheriting the kingdom of God.

"And the works of the flesh are manifest, which are such things as
    fornication,
    uncleaness,
    lasciviousness,
    idolatry,
    sorcery,
    enmities,
    outbursts of anger,
    factions,
    divisions,
    sects,
    envyings,
    bouts of drunkeness,
    carousings,
    and things like these, of which I tell you beforehand, even as I have said before,
    that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:19-21)

Because Paul says "things like these" we know that his list is not exhaustive but only representative.

Rajk999 thinks I do not regard these warnings. I do though. So the Christian must heed the exhortation of the preceding verses 16 - 18.

"But I say, Walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these oppose each other that you would not do the things that you desire.

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law." (vs.16-18)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 02:411 edit
    One of the other similar lists in First Corinthians 6:9-10 mentions reviling. For a Christian to practice reviling may also disqualify him from inheriting the kingdom of God.

Reviling is to assail someone contemptuously. We all are tempted to do this. To speak abusive words with harsh language is to revile someone.

Christians can fall into the temptation of reviling one another with bitter criticisms.

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be led astray; neither
    fornicators
    nor idolaters
    nor adulterers
    nor effiminate
    nor homosexuals
    nor thieves
    nor the covetous,
    not drunkards,
    not revilers,
    not the rapacious will inherit the kingdom of God. " (1 Cor. 6:9,10)

The escape is to be washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus.

"And thee things were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." (v.11)

Christ can qualify the Christian to inherit the coming millennial kingdom of God as a reward by His Spirit and in His living name.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 16:21
    @sonship said

The escape is to be washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus.
    Like the orchestra on the Titanic, you continue on with the same music.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 16:391 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Like the orchestra on the Titanic, you continue on with the same music.
    For reasons unknown Rajk999 doesn't like what God had Paul write under inspiration -

"And these things were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." (v.11)

Apparently Rajk999 does not like me believing and agreeing with God's servant by me writing -

5. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 20:421 edit
    @sonship said
    For reasons unknown Rajk999 doesn't like what God had Paul write under inspiration -

"And these things were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God." (v.11)

Apparently Rajk999 does not like me believing and agreeing with God's servant by me writing - ...[text shortened]... uote] The escape is to be washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus. [/quote]
    Wrong. I feel nothing but pity for those who follow your teachings. Those who follow you will not hear "well done thou good and faithful servant", instead they are likely to hear "depart from me I never knew you."

You focus on YOU knowing Jesus. Jesus does not care about that. What is really important is JESUS knowing YOU, and Jesus knows you only if and when you keep the commandments.

Since you have professed that keeping the commandments of Christ is not necessary or important, then I would say that Jesus does not know you and you are on your way to damnation ...enjoy.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Feb '21 22:07
    You focus on YOU knowing Jesus. Jesus does not care about that. What is really important is JESUS knowing YOU, and Jesus knows you only if and when you keep the commandments.

For us to know the Lord Jesus and for Him to know us are two sides of one mutual relationship.

Paul wanted to "gain Christ".
    Paul wanted to "know Him".
    Paul wanted "to be found in Him".
    All this amounted to him living Christ - "for to me to live is Christ"

Paul wrote "THAT I MAY KNOW HIM"

"But what things were gains to me, these I have counted as loss on account of Christ, But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of

the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord,

on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse that I may gain Christ

and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness which is out of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is our of God and based on faith,

To know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, If perhaps I may attain to the out-resurrection from the dead." (Phil. 3:7-11)

Paul wanted to know Christ.
    Paul counted all else as refuse in comparison to the excellency of the knowledge of Christ his Lord.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 02:00
    @sonship said
    I only know for sure that his mock death and resuscitation is a strong component of his deception upon the world.

Now I know I should not embark on pre-mature dialogue. But one thing I learned which I did not know before:

Before his death he will probably be a very good and wise benevolent leader, much welcomed by the world. Once he is slain and resuscitated he wi ...[text shortened]... evil and breaks that covenant.

He is the Antichrist in both phases. You may have heard this.
    Yes, I have heard all of this. No argument from me.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 08:02
    @Rajk999
    You tell people everything except what Paul said about who inherits the Kingdom of God. Some sons make it and some dont.

There is no one who becomes a son of God who will not be suited eventually to express the life of a son. Therefore all sons will mature inevitably.

If they mature in a timely manner they have a reward in the millennial kingdom.
    If they mature late in the age of the new heaven and new earth they fully participate in God's kingdom.

A son cannot be unborn.
    The gift of eternal life is that, the gift.
    It is not on loan or leased out.
    Once you are born you cannot be unborn.

So after the thousand year every son becomes one who overcomes.
    Concerning Revelation 21 and 22 when the eternal age commences:
    "He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be God to him, and he will be a son to Me." (Rev. 21:7)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 08:232 edits
    As the age comes to a close (and we do not know WHEN) the two opposing identifications are manifested. These two polar opposites are seen in stark contrast.

1.) Living on the earth but raptured early to stand in heaven with Christ are overcomers with the name of the Lamb and His Father upon them.

"And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him a hundred and forty-four thousand, having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads." (Rev. 14:1)

These are called Firstfruits or the early and first matured and ripened sons of God so perfectly one with the Triune God.

2.) Those ripened in a negative way as totally dedicated to Satan, his Antichrist and his false prophet.

"And all those dwelling on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name is not written in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world." (Rev.13:8)

"And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the freemen and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead. and that no one may be able to buy or sell except him who has the mark, that is the name of the beast or the number of his name." (13:16,17)

To sit on the fence and be neutral may one day be impossible.

Antichirst will vehemently, aggressively exalt himself against anything else called God.

" . . . the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or an object of worship, so that he sits in the temple of God, setting himself forth, saying that he is God." (2 Thess. 2:4)

We don't know when this will happen. But Christians know the clock is ever ticking toward this time. The calendar is ever gradually approaching this time.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 09:02
    How much of the book of Revelation is intended to be taken literally?

None.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 12:44
    @sonship said

For us to know the Lord Jesus and for Him to know us are two sides of one mutual relationship.

Paul wanted to "gain Christ".
    Paul wanted to "know Him".
    Paul wan ...[text shortened]... found in Him"[/b].
    All this amounted to him living Christ - "for to me to live is Christ"
    Paul was a wise man. You are a foolish man because you are cherry picking what Paul said to support your doctrine of disobedience. While Paul said he wanted to know Christ, he also said this :

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:2 KJV)

Paul here says clearly that
    - knowledge is nothing
    - prophesying is nothing
    - understanding all mysteries is nothing
    - faith is nothing
    Charity is everything

You say the opposite:
    - knowledge is everything
    - prophesying is everything
    - understanding all mysteries is everything
    - faith is everything
    Charity is nothing

You are a false teacher, a lost soul, leading the gullible to their damnation with your doctrine of faith alone and disobedience to the commandments of Christ.

Jesus said he does not know your types.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. (John 14:23-24 KJV)

Paul preached about the keeping of the commandments of Christ. You dont. Jesus knows Paul. Jesus does not know you.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 12:474 edits
    @divegeester

None.

So Jesus is not "the First and the Last and the Living One [who] became dead, and behold [He is ] living forever and ever" ?

Revelation 1:17,18
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 12:51
    @divegeester

None.

So we should not take literally that John is the Christians' brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and endurance in Jesus ? (1:9)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 12:542 edits
    @divegeester said

None.
    So Jesus Christ is not literally "the Faithful Witness" ?

So Jesus Christ is not the "Firstborn from the dead"?

And Christ is not "the Ruler of the kings of the earth"?

Revelation 1:5

All this is not to be taken literally?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Feb '21 13:001 edit
    @divegeester said

None.
    So John was not "in spirit on the Lord's day" ?
    (1:10)

And I should not take literally that the things were made known to His servants by signs? (1:1)

That should not be taken literally?

And if none is to be taken literally I should not expect literally that "Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is coming" ?

I should not expect literally grace from God to be imparted to me?

I should not take literally God told John to write what he saw in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia? (v.11)

When the Jesus says "He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches" this should not be taken literally ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree