Lights in the sky

Lights in the sky

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Nov 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
Yes, you are right. Vedas is proven wrong because it got the speed of light wrong (and probably also proven wrong because of lots of other reasons). I guess vishvahetu will never acknowledge this fact.
Vishnu reads selectively. He thinks selectively. He believs selectively.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
06 Dec 10

I once saw a fire orange ball that stood still. As I watched it it suddenly shot off at what seemed to be a very high rate of speed. This was about 20:00 or 21:00 and I have no clue what it was. It caught my attention as I was driving. I drove home and kept my eyes on this object. I parked got out of my truck and just stared at it for maybe a minute. Then it suddenly shot off. I don't tell many people because they just laugh. My friend said I was drunk and I fell down and saw a street lamp. LOL I saw a UFO but thats the whole point I don't know what it was.

Manny

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
I once saw a fire orange ball that stood still. As I watched it it suddenly shot off at what seemed to be a very high rate of speed. This was about 20:00 or 21:00 and I have no clue what it was. It caught my attention as I was driving. I drove home and kept my eyes on this object. I parked got out of my truck and just stared at it for maybe a minute. Then i a street lamp. LOL I saw a UFO but thats the whole point I don't know what it was.

Manny
Your account seems consistent with other ufo sightings. In your case it seems you saw a "shape-shifting"-type craft. The only weak point I can see is that it was at night. However nothing moves like that right? Did you notice that it had no apparent acceleration?

I had a similar sighting. A craft stopping on a dime and then shooting off with no acceleration at an incredible speed. It was significant to me spiritually. I suspect your sighting also had some relevance to your life in some way (?)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Dec 10

Originally posted by caissad4
W-E-L-L, you can read the book of Ezekiel and learn how "god" has a spaceship with an "altar" inside. Page Betty and Barney Hill.
I love the story where Ezekiel goes up in a fiery chariot with the face of a lion. The answer is yes to spiritual and yes to physical. For the Bible tells me so.
Native Americans called steam locomotives "Iron Horses" too.

What's your point?

AH

Moves
09 Dec 10
1 edit

I once saw a fire orange ball that stood still. As I watched it it suddenly shot off at what seemed to be a very high rate of speed. This was about 20:00 or 21:00 and I have no clue what it was. It caught my attention as I was driving. I drove home and kept my eyes on this object. I parked got out of my truck and just stared at it for maybe a minute. Then i a street lamp. LOL I saw a UFO but thats the whole point I don't know what it was.

Manny
could it have been:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

“...usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter ...”

? sounds like it might have been to me.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Dec 10

could it have been:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

“...usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter ...”

? sounds like it might have been to me.
I can say without a doubt it was not lighting or a ball of lighting. It stood still and luminous but it appeared small. Larger than a star. What caught my attention was the fact that it was luminous but appeared to be stationary in the sky. What also was odd is that it finally shot off at what seemed to be a very high rate of speed. I can rule out helicopters airplanes ect. I understand that the actually size is hard to know because I really don't know the actual distance it was away from me. The result for me practically is that it did not change my life a whole lot. I believe there is something beyond this world anyway. I have no clue what it was. Could have been an angel or craft or who knows? I suppose it could have been some type of natural occurrence but my gut instinct is that it was not normal LOL

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Your account seems consistent with other ufo sightings. In your case it seems you saw a "shape-shifting"-type craft. The only weak point I can see is that it was at night. However nothing moves like that right? Did you notice that it had no apparent acceleration?

I had a similar sighting. A craft stopping on a dime and then shooting off with no accel ...[text shortened]... o me spiritually. I suspect your sighting also had some relevance to your life in some way (?)
It did not change shape. I think the fact that it was night is why I noticed it in the first place. This object did appear to have great acceleration because it appeared stationary but then suddenly shot off at what appeared to be a high rate of speed.

Manny

AH

Moves
10 Dec 10

I can say without a doubt it was not lighting or a ball of lighting. It stood still and luminous but it appeared small. Larger than a star. What caught my attention was the fact that it was luminous but appeared to be stationary in the sky. What also was odd is that it finally shot off at what seemed to be a very high rate of speed. I can rule out helicopt ...[text shortened]... en some type of natural occurrence but my gut instinct is that it was not normal LOL

Manny
“...I can say without a doubt it was not lighting or a ball of lighting. It stood still and luminous ...”

but that is what ball lighting often does ie stand still and be luminous.
It also sometimes appears orange in colour just as you described.

“..but it appeared small ..”

yes, sometimes it is small.

“...What also was odd is that it finally shot off at what seemed to be a very high rate of speed. ...”

that is exactly what ball lighting sometimes does. It usually moves about slow or stays still but can suddenly move at fantastic speed without warning.
Take a look at this video of ball lightning both occurring naturally and in the lab:

does any of that look similar to what you saw?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Dec 10

Choosing to believe there is no life on other planets because none has been found sounds a bit like choosing to believe there is no god because none has been found

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Dec 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
When you go to the doctor and he sits you down and tells you, that you have cancer and have about six months to live.............is he being negative or positive?

Or is he just telling it as it is.

Spiritual life is about getting out of illusion, and developing loving sentiments for the Lord.......and telling it as it is, and to do this the truth ...[text shortened]... to be put on the table and examined, so that a person knows what is acceptable, and what is not.
Yes, but the doctor could use compassion when telling the bad news, or he/she could just tell the sufferer like they were an unanimated piece of wood or something.
Sometimes I feel your are talking to us like we are bits of wood.
We are human . You have a strong message. But no matter how strong your message, it wont get through if you dont respect people.
I see your attitude akin to "tough love", which you seem to think is the only way to get your message across.
Am I wasting another post? Do you get me?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
11 Dec 10

I can say without a doubt it was not lighting or a ball of lighting. It stood still and luminous but it appeared small. Larger than a star. What caught my attention was the fact that it was luminous but appeared to be stationary in the sky. What also was odd is that it finally shot off at what seemed to be a very high rate of speed. I can rule out helicopt ...[text shortened]... en some type of natural occurrence but my gut instinct is that it was not normal LOL

Manny
It may even have been secret military craft.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
11 Dec 10
1 edit

“...I can say without a doubt it was not lighting or a ball of lighting. It stood still and luminous ...”

but that is what ball lighting often does ie stand still and be luminous.
It also sometimes appears orange in colour just as you described.

“..but it appeared small ..”

yes, sometimes it is small.

“...What also was odd is that it fi ...[text shortened]...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vV3KxQ16c

does any of that look similar to what you saw?
Ok after watching the video sure I guess it could have been ball lighting. However it stood still then suddenly shot off were as these objects/Lighting balls appear to float along. Also it was a clear night no thunder clouds. Does look similar though.

Manny

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
12 Dec 10

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes, but the doctor could use compassion when telling the bad news, or he/she could just tell the sufferer like they were an unanimated piece of wood or something.
Sometimes I feel your are talking to us like we are bits of wood.
We are human . You have a strong message. But no matter how strong your message, it wont get through if you dont respect p ...[text shortened]... o think is the only way to get your message across.
Am I wasting another post? Do you get me?
Yes I see your point......but when I was in this forum for a short while, i experienced certain persons, who would blatantly reject common sense and simple truth, just to make some baseless argument.

In other words they put forward all manner of senseless arguments just to create conflict, so no ribbons and bows for them, just the raw truth.

Remembering that anyone that helps a person see correctly, is doing them the greatest benefit.

This forum needs some balance, because on one hand we have persons propagating false religious teachings.......and on the other we have atheists presenting that everything is a random accident and theres no Supreme intelligence behind anything.

This is the reason the world is the way it is, because all these false teachings are directing the the people in no direction at all.....nearly everyone is lost to the true meaning of their life.

I will continue to give the truth as long as I am able, and there might be one person out there who will acknowledge it, and take the teachings of Vedanta Sutra seriously.

For goodness sake, there was one person who said they didn't believe in God because the nerve in a Giraffes neck, went up and then came down....then someone else said they didn't believe in God because the retina in the eye was not designed properly, so you see what level some people come down to, just to make conflict.

JWB

Moves
12 Dec 10

I will continue to give the truth as long as I am able, and there might be one person out there who will acknowledge it, and take the teachings of Vedanta Sutra seriously.
I know vanity can be a hard thing to wrestle with, but has it ever occurred to you that the teachings of Vedanta Sutra might have more appeal and traction if you didn't post here and if people learnt about the teachings in some other way or from someone else?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
12 Dec 10

There are universally recognized sightings,......wake up and catch up with the world.

Even without universally recognized sightings.......extra-terrestrial flying craft are real because the Vedas acknowledge them, and the Vedas are the authority, not your tiny brain.

Your perception of life is not much more than an ant.
See my location? The only aliens and UFOs I have ever seen are all fake. Most footage is blurry and distored. Today anyone can fake a good looking UFO vid.
Get real, I reject the Vedas as heretical writings, and order you to be burned at the stake.