Last Of Us series 1 episode 8

Last Of Us series 1 episode 8

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Apr 23

The only appearance of characters [and a storyline] that were explicitly Christian portrayed them as monsters. A rather predictable cheap shot by 'Hollywood', I think.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Apr 23

@fmf said
The only appearance of characters [and a storyline] that were explicitly Christian portrayed them as monsters. A rather predictable cheap shot by 'Hollywood', I think.
So you got to E8! I thought you would have given up.

The woke episodes are a bit cringy but I didn’t mind the series overall as it was well put together. I’ll give S2 a chance.

As for E8 I thought it was excellent; pure horror and humanity at its lowest start to finish. Rape, murder, cannibalism, religious mental abuse, torture it’s got it all. David is a hateful piece of human waste. The penicillin medication scene was a bit of a nonsense though.

F

Moves
22 Apr 23

@divegeester said
As for E8 I thought it was excellent; pure horror and humanity at its lowest start to finish. Rape, murder, cannibalism, religious mental abuse, torture it’s got it all. David is a hateful piece of human waste.
The only presence Christianity had in the show was, surprise surprise, ultra-negative.

F

Moves
22 Apr 23

@divegeester said
The woke episodes are a bit cringy but I didn’t mind the series overall as it was well put together. I’ll give S2 a chance.
Ooh, I didn't notice any "woke episodes".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Apr 23

@fmf said
Ooh, I didn't notice any "woke episodes".
I’m referring to the one with the two ageing gay guys and the other one where Ellie has a lesbian encounter with a … yes you guessed it a black girl.

Not woke, more virtuous DE&I.
Added nothing to the series, the story nor the characters.

F

Moves
22 Apr 23

@divegeester said
I’m referring to the one with the two ageing gay guys and the other one where Ellie has a lesbian encounter with a … yes you guessed it a black girl.

You'd have preferred, for the story's sake, that everyone was white and heterosexual?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Apr 23

@fmf said
You'd have preferred, for the story's sake, that everyone was white and heterosexual?
Lol, ok.

No I would have preferred it if two episodes hadn’t been wasted on exploring gay relationships in survival situations.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Apr 23

Maybe they could run a parallel series called

“the last of us gays”

F

Moves
22 Apr 23

@divegeester said
Lol, ok.

No I would have preferred it if two episodes hadn’t been wasted on exploring gay relationships in survival situations.
Why was the only cannibalism portrayed in the series allotted to the only Christian characters? It was deliberate. If push were to come to shove in a post-apocalyptic world, would Christians be the first, and seemingly only people, to eat their fellow humans?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Apr 23
1 edit

@fmf said
Why was the only cannibalism portrayed in the series allotted to the only Christian characters? It was deliberate. If push were to come to shove in a post-apocalyptic world, would Christians be the first, and seemingly only people, to eat their fellow humans?
Were they a “Christian” group? I’d have to watch it again.

I thought they were some sort of cult following a charismatic leader. I can’t remember.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
347d

@divegeester said
Maybe they could run a parallel series called

“the last of us gays”
Bruised your precious sensibilities, did they?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
347d

@fmf said
I doubt it.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
347d

@divegeester said

The episodes were true to the video game the series is based on.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
347d

@suzianne said
Not at all. What an odd thing to say.

Perhaps you either didn’t read my post or chose to read something into it.

C
FREE

FREEDOMVILLE

Moves
346d

@suzianne said
Touched a nerve.