KNOWING that God exists

KNOWING that God exists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
12 Aug 17
1 edit

If gods exists, give reason! Give evidence! Or play games.

I say say no one knows what happens when we die. Evidence shows that we turn to dust. If so, then what matters? I try to be good, which is not too uncomplicated. Christians got the bible, which is kinda schizophrenic. Look it up.

E

Moves
12 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @apathist

I say say no one knows what happens when we die. Evidence shows that we turn to dust. If so, then what matters? I try to be good, which is not too uncomplicated. Christians got the bible, which is kinda schizophrenic. Look it up.
If God does not exist provide proof or evidence I'll accept as evidence.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
12 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
If God does not exist provide proof or evidence I'll accept as evidence.
I don't claim that your god doesn't exist. Do you claim to know it does exist?

E

Moves
12 Aug 17

I never said you did. I just made the same generic statement you did. Your statements are rather one sided.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Aug 17

I never said you did. I just made the same generic statement you did. Your statements are rather one sided.
I answered. Your turn now. Do you know that your god exists?

E

Moves
13 Aug 17

I answered. Your turn now. Do you know that your god exists?
You answered my question or stated that you thought it was invalid?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Aug 17

You answered my question or stated that you thought it was invalid?
You don't have the conviction of your faith.

You re afraid to announce whether or not you KNOW your God exists. Or so it seems. Prove me wrong.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 17

You re [b]afraid
to announce whether or not you KNOW your God exists. Or so it seems. Prove me wrong.[/b]
My God does exist, and yes, I KNOW He exists.

But you've made up your mind that he doesn't and nothing I can say or do will convince you. Because we have free will to choose God or not choose God, there will never be proof of God. You must have faith.

F

Moves
17 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne to apathist

But you've made up your mind that he doesn't and nothing I can say or do will convince you.
If, as you say, apathist thinks that god doesn't exist, do you concede ~ in terms of the meaning of English language words ~ and the usage of the word "know" specifically ~ that apathist "knows" that god doesn't exist in the same way (and with the same application of the word "know"] as you "know" that god does exist?

Moves
17 Aug 17

I don't smoke pot, btw. Used to, and will again...
So when you say you don't smoke pot, what you actually mean is you are between joints?

Moves
17 Aug 17

Can you provide evidence that your goddess "Mother Nature" whom to admit to worshiping, exists?

Moves
17 Aug 17

I claim that your goddess doesn't exist. Do you claim she does exist?

Moves
17 Aug 17

You re [b]afraid
to announce whether or not you KNOW your God exists. Or so it seems. Prove me wrong.[/b]
Do you have courage of your convictions about nature gods?

You sound an awful lot like chaney3 when you've been drinking btw.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne

But you've made up your mind that he doesn't and nothing I can say or do will convince you. Because we have free will to choose God or not choose God, there will never be proof of God. You must have faith.
In all other areas of your life, would you not deem it logical to have proof before believing something to be true?

Why does this logical thinking not also apply to God? And doesn't this lack of proof render belief in God 'illogical?'

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
If, as you say, apathist thinks that god doesn't exist, do you concede ~ in terms of the meaning of English language words ~ and the usage of the word "know" specifically ~ that apathist "knows" that god doesn't exist in the same way (and with the same application of the word "know"] as you "know" that god does exist?
How would I know what apathist knows or doesn't know?

And why would you ask such an inane question? Oh, yeah, more attacks on Christians always makes for a better party, right? By the way, for all the value you put on yourself for being an excellent communicator, this one sentence from you is so full of namby-pamby-ism that it's just hard to understand such a stultifyingly roundabout question and so seems poorly conceived at best. My advice would be to just spit it out instead of being afraid of soundling like an a-hole.