JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
What does "enforcing" mean?
You believe it is obligatory for people not to cover up rape don't you?

Moves
23 Sep 18

So it would seem your moral compass is non-functional on this issue.
Because I am fully aware of what the right thing to do would have been?

F

Moves
23 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
You believe it is obligatory for people not to cover up rape don't you?
What does the word "enforcing" mean in the post in which they used it? How are you being 'forced' to do anything?

F

Moves
23 Sep 18

Because I am fully aware of what the right thing to do would have been?
On which of this thread's 15 pages do you think you expressed your subjective view of "what the right thing to do would have been"? You've been too busy wriggling and squirming to demonstrate any moral clarity.

Moves
23 Sep 18

What does the word "enforcing" mean in the post in which they used it? How are you being 'forced' to do anything?
Here are your options: either your view is the only correct view and people are obliged to adhere to your standard (the only correct one) and therefore they should not cover up a rape.

OR

Morality is relative and no one is obliged to to do as you say and they should do as they see fit.

You can't have it both ways.

F

Moves
23 Sep 18

Here are your options: either your view is the only correct view and people are obliged to adhere to your standard (the only correct one) and therefore they should not cover up a rape.

OR

Morality is relative and no one is obliged to to do as you say and they should do as they see fit.

Morality is subjective. My moral compass is subjective. Your moral compass is subjective. You should do as you see fit. You are not "obliged" to do what I say. [Where did you get the idea for such a pouty retort from?]

I have made a moral argument based on my subjective moral compass about what would be the morally correct course of action in a case where a rapist is left 'on the loose' because of inaction. It has caught you - a manchild - in the glare of adult headlights.

For all your pretentious wittering about your supposedly objective moral compass, you appear to have been paralyzed by your own moral numbness. Fifteen pages into the thread and you still have not made any kind of moral argument about what the morally sound course of action is when one knows that a rapist is at large in a community.

You seem suffocated by the sheer weight of "absolute" this and "objective" that instead of being empowered and rendered clear-sighted by your moral compass.

F

Moves
23 Sep 18

OR

You are not "obliged" to adhere to or agree with my moral analysis of how your family reacted to the rape you say happened. And I am not "obliged" to "adhere to" or agree with your moral analysis of how your family reacted to it [whatever that may be, I am still waiting]. Our moral compasses are both subjective and therefore different. You seem to be lost on the moral landscape created by this issue.

Moves
23 Sep 18

It's amusing to see you writhe and wriggle around to dodge a simple straightforward question:

Do you believe it is obligatory for people not to cover up a rape? Yes or No?

Moves
23 Sep 18

Morality is subjective. My moral compass is subjective. Your moral compass is subjective. You should do as you see fit. You are not "obliged" to do what I say. [Where did you get the idea for such a pouty retort from?]

I have made a moral argument based on my subjective moral compass about what would be the morally correct course of action in a case where a ...[text shortened]... nd "objective" that instead of being empowered and rendered clear-sighted by your moral compass.
If morality really is subjective and people ought to do as they see fit what have you been on about for the last 15 pages? If the covering up of child sex abuse is not always wrong for everyone all your arguments are moot.

F

Moves
23 Sep 18

It's amusing to see you writhe and wriggle around to dodge a simple straightforward question:

Do you believe it is obligatory for people not to cover up a rape? Yes or No?
Because if my moral compass, I would feel obliged to not cover up a rape. What about you?

Moves
23 Sep 18

Because if my moral compass, I would feel obliged to not cover up a rape. What about you?
Sure so would I because we have a God given conscience that helps us to distinguish right from wrong. Do you believe people other than your self should feel the same way as you do and do you believe they would be making an error if they didn't?

F

Moves
23 Sep 18

If morality really is subjective and people ought to do as they see fit what have you been on about for the last 15 pages? If the covering up of child sex abuse is not always wrong for everyone all your arguments are moot.
When you emerge from your self-generated fog of posturing and take a moral stance on this, to coin some of your verbiage, will it be a moral standard that your notions of "objectivity" will make you feel people [like me] are "obliged" to adhere to?

F

Moves
23 Sep 18

Sure so would I because we have a God given conscience that helps us to distinguish right from wrong. Do you believe people other than your self should feel the same way as you do and do you believe they would be making an error if they didn't?
I think your stance on pages 2 and 3 etc. was morally unsound. What does your God belief make you think about covering up the rape you claim happened to your relative?

Moves
23 Sep 18

When you emerge from your self-generated fog of posturing and take a moral stance on this, to coin some of your verbiage, will it be a moral standard that your notions of "objectivity" will make you feel people [like me] are "obliged" to adhere to?
If morality is subjective and everyone should do as they see fit why have you been grinding me about what my parents aught to have done?

Moves
23 Sep 18

I think your stance on pages 2 and 3 etc. was morally unsound. What does your God belief make you think about covering up the rape you claim happened to your relative?
By stance you mean the questions I asked you? I did not take any stance on page 2 and 3. I simply asked you some questions.