JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You've tried these kinds of manchild gimmicks on me before. I'm more interested in how your personal notion of "absolute truths" resulted in you favouring covering up rape [see pages 2, 3 etc.] rather than agreeing with my moral stance.
Your dodge is noted yet again. And more lies from you claiming I favor covering up rape.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
How can anyone ultimately be wrong about anything if there are no moral absolutes ?
There is no "ultimately" aside from where moral conflicts reach the abitration of the courts in so far as laws are broken. Short of that, moral compasses are individual and unique tools that each of us utilize to manage our relations with each other. There is nothing "objective" or "absolute" about yours.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Your dodge is noted yet again. And more lies from you claiming I favor covering up rape.
Page 2 and 3. It's undisguised on your part. You also claimed that my moral stance - that one must not cover up rape - was morally "meaningless".

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

There is no "ultimately" aside from where moral conflicts reach the abitration of the courts in so far as laws are broken. Short of that, moral compasses are individual and unique tools that each of us utilize to manage our relations with each other. There is nothing "objective" or "absolute" about yours.
So in other words you are saying it’s impossible to ultimately know for sure the true answer to any moral question.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Your parents kept what they did and when they did it secret from you. Did they not share some sort of "objective morality" lesson wuth you?
Try your sarcasm on someone else I’m not interested.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Page 2 and 3. It's undisguised on your part. You also claimed that my moral stance - that one must not cover up rape - was morally "meaningless".
It is only meaningless if there are no moral absolutes.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

So in other words you are saying it’s impossible to know for sure the answer to any moral question.
I'm saying that our each and every subjective moral compasses enable us to do as best we can ~ according to the principles and perspectives we have absorbed and which define us as individuals. I believe in all manner of - what I see as - "correct" answers to all manner moral questions. So do you. Do we always agree? No. That's the human condition.

Moves
22 Sep 18

I'm saying that our each and every subjective moral compasses enable us to do as best we can ~ according to the principles and perspectives we have absorbed and which define us as individuals. I believe in all manner of - what I see as - "correct" answers to all manner moral questions. So do you. Do we always agree? No. That's the human condition.
Do you believe it is possible to
know for sure what the correct answer to a moral questions is? Yes or No?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

It is only meaningless if there are no moral absolutes.
Morality is subjective. Your declaration that my moral imperative to protect women and children from being raped is "meaningless" is you being subjective to an almost beyond-parody degree.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

Do you believe it is possible to
know for sure what the correct answer to a moral questions is? Yes or No?
I am guided by my moral compass. It endows me with great certainty on some occasions. And it saddles me with great soul-searching and doubt on others. I am not a manchild.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Morality is subjective. Your declaration that my moral imperative to protect women and children from being raped is "meaningless" is you being subjective to an almost beyond-parody degree.
It would in fact be meaningful if moral absolutes such as ‘rape is always wrong’ existed.

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

I am guided by my moral compass. It endows me with great certainty on some occasions. And it saddles me with great soul-searching and doubt on others. I am not a manchild.
Is that a yes or a no? Read my question again you are dodging and it’s quite obvious why.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Read my question again you are dodging and it’s quite obvious why.
My answer is spot on target and crystal clear. It is the complete opposite of "dodging".

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

It would in fact be meaningful if moral absolutes such as ‘rape is always wrong’ existed.
I think rape is wrong, for the reasons we have discussed numerous times, and I cannot imagine a scenario when it would be morally sound, but I don't accept the notion of "moral absolutes" as you have defined them in your superstitious and religionist way, as I have explained time and time again.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

Try your sarcasm on someone else I’m not interested.
Zero sarcasm.

Here it is again:

Your parents kept what they did and when they did it secret from you. Did they not share some sort of "objective morality" lesson with you?