JWs have

JWs have "full and comlete agreement" ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
16 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
No of course not. I have nothing to hide as neither does the WTS.
So what is the purpose of this thread? What is your motive and goal here?
Thought the purpose was pretty clear since I stated the purpose in each section:

1) "While that seems to be a distinction that the Watchtower Society likes to make, the reality seems to be something else."

As you've already acknowledged, the reality is that there are JWs who are not in "full and complete agreement" with the Watchtower Society and the majority of JWs.

2)"From what I gather, the Watchtower Society brand of "full and complete agreement" is something other than what Jesus had in mind. For what Jesus had in mind there would be no changes in doctrine, followers would no longer commit sin, etc. In short, all the "full and complete agreement" would be a natural result of all of His followers having become one with God as He was one with God. It would not be the result of disfellowshipment and the threat of disfellowshipment."

This has yet to have been discussed. Earlier you indicated an interest in bringing the words of Jesus into the discussion. Seems like this would be a good time to do so.

Be that as it may, you made an interesting statement earlier: "That being said, no one is forced to walk the straight and narrow so to speak." From what I gather, there is the "force" of disfellowshipment and the threat of disfellowshipment.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Jan 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Thought the purpose was pretty clear since I stated the purpose in each section:

1) "While that seems to be a distinction that the Watchtower Society likes to make, the reality seems to be something else."

As you've already acknowledged, the reality is that there are JWs who are not in "full and complete agreement" with the Watchtower Society and th ...[text shortened]... r, there is the "force" of disfellowshipment and the threat of disfellowshipment.
Get the point. The BIBLE clearly says that if one has commented a gross sin ( which are outlined in the Bible) and CONTINUES to practice that sin, then that person is to be removed from the congregation.
Are you aware of those commands in the Bible?

So if I understand what you said, you think Jesus said there would be no more sin among his followers? Where did he say that?

T

Moves
17 Jan 13

Get the point. The BIBLE clearly says that if one has commented a gross sin ( which are outlined in the Bible) and CONTINUES to practice that sin, then that person is to be removed from the congregation.
Are you aware of those commands in the Bible?

So if I understand what you said, you think Jesus said there would be no more sin among his followers? Where did he say that?
Keep in mind that this part of the discussion is within the following context established by you:
"This full and complete agrement among his followers was clearly explained by Jesus himself."

So far as I know Jesus did not establish a practice of disfellowshipment.

Also try to focus on the main point: "In short, all the 'full and complete agreement' would be a natural result of all of His followers having become one with God as He was one with God."

We've already established that there isn't 'full and complete agreement' amongst JWs as you originally claimed. What's more, the 'reasons' you outlined also apply to "the other so called Christian religions". What seems to distinguish the Watchtower Society from many of them is the level of dogmatism and the level of disfellowshipment.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Keep in mind that this part of the discussion is within the following context established by you:
"This full and complete agrement among his followers was clearly explained by Jesus himself."

So far as I know Jesus did not establish a practice of disfellowshipment.

Also try to focus on the main point: "In short, all the 'full and complete agreement y from many of them is the level of dogmatism and the level of disfellowshipment.
Jesus speaking:

Matthew 18:15-17
New Living Translation (NLT)

Correcting Another Believer
15 “If another believer[a] sins against you,[b] go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back. 16 But if you are unsuccessful, take one or two others with you and go back again, so that everything you say may be confirmed by two or three witnesses. 17 If the person still refuses to listen, take your case to the church. Then if he or she won’t accept the church’s decision, treat that person as a pagan or a corrupt tax collector.

The way a Christian would treat such a person is explained here. One would not have any fellowship, extra association on any level other then what is needed as in the case of a tax collector or one who believes or practices a pagan lifestyle.

Paul and the apostles would later explain the things he learned from Jesus the details of disfellowshipping if needed and how to treat that person if unrepentant.
This advice and teachings of ones being disfellowshipped is in full accord with the examples and teachings of the Bible and with the early Christian congregations.

And where did I agree that JW's are not in agreement? Don't say things that I did not say....................

rc

Moves
17 Jan 13

Jesus speaking:

Matthew 18:15-17
New Living Translation (NLT)

Correcting Another Believer
15 “If another believer[a] sins against you,[b] go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back. 16 But if you are unsuccessful, take one or two others with you and go back again, so that ev ...[text shortened]... agree that JW's are not in agreement? Don't say things that I did not say....................
I agree 😀

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I agree 😀
I hope he admits he didn't know about this.

F

Moves
18 Jan 13
1 edit

I agree 😀

I hope he admits he didn't know about this.
Do you agree with robbie carrobie's assertion that a Christian is permitted by God to own slaves? Are all Jehovah's Witnesess in "full and complete agreement" about there being a God given right to own slaves?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
Do you agree with robbie carrobie's assertion that a Christian is permitted by God to own slaves? Are all Jehovah's Witnesess in "full and complete agreement" about there being a God given right to own slaves?
That's your discussion with him, not me.

So now that I've said that I know exactly what's coming.

FMF will say: "Well if you refuse to answer, that is admitting you don't agree with him and that is admitting that you don't agree and that exposes that you both are liars".
Right? Am I wrong? Is this not your usual and predictable MO?
Please don't waist my time.......

F

Moves
18 Jan 13

OK, robbie aside, do you yourself believe that a Christian is permitted by God to own slaves? What is the Jehovah's Witnesess stance on Christians owning slaves in the twenty first century?

rc

Moves
18 Jan 13
1 edit

So now that I've said that I know exactly what's coming.

FMF will say: "Well if you refuse to answer, that is admitting you don't agree with him and that is admitting that you don't agree and that exposes that you both are liars".
Right? Am I wrong? Is this not your usual and predictable MO?
Please don't waist my time.......
still stalking you, cross threads, with issues that have no relevance to the thread you are posting in, oh dear. I agree, a complete waste of precious time? 😀

F

Moves
18 Jan 13
1 edit

still stalking you, cross threads, with issues that have no relevance to the thread you are posting in, oh dear. I agree, a complete waste of precious time? 😀
I have asked about the Jehovah's Witness stance on Christians owning slaves in the twenty first century because he is the only other JW I know who is active on this forum. And you're wrong about there being "no relevance": this thread is entitled "JWs have "full and complete agreement". galveston75 seems reluctant to express "full and complete agreement" with you on this issue robbie.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
OK, robbie aside, do you yourself believe that a Christian is permitted by God to own slaves? What is the Jehovah's Witnesess stance on Christians owning slaves in the twenty first century?
Hello!!! Anyone home in there? I believe I said: "That's your discussion with him, not me."

F

Moves
18 Jan 13

Hello!!! Anyone home in there? I believe I said: "That's your discussion with him, not me."
Forget about robbie. What is the Jehovah's Witnesess stance on Christians owning slaves in the twenty first century?

rc

Moves
18 Jan 13

He is trying to cause division/enmity under the guise of a sincere inquiry, such predictable troll behaviour, how banal.

F

Moves
18 Jan 13

He is trying to cause division/enmity under the guise of a sincere inquiry, such predictable troll behaviour, how banal.
I am trying to ascertain if galveston75 supports your views on slavery. Thus far it seem that he does not.