JW's drop attempts to block sex abuse inquiry

JW's drop attempts to block sex abuse inquiry

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
A link to the "empowering victims of abuse" commission findings please.
Its online I suggest you google Royal commission Australia

F

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its quite a simple affair FMF, read the Royal commissions report, by having a policy which made reporting or not reporting a matter up to those involved this empowers the victims of abuse to report or not report the matter as they see fit. Its in the Royal commission and is available online.
If it's in the Royal Commission's findings, and is available online, then you can give me the link.,

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
If it's in the Royal Commission's findings, and is available online, then you can give me the link.,
google it and do your own research

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17

Ok FMF seeing that you were unwilling to answer the question about empowerment of victims of abuse lets ask you another,

If someone was a victim of abuse and confided in you and did not want the matter reported to civil authorities would you honour their request and right to privacy?

F

Moves
02 Mar 17

Ok FMF seeing that you were unwilling to answer the question about empowerment of victims of abuse lets ask you another,
I'm waiting for your link to the Royal Commission's findings.

F

Moves
02 Mar 17
3 edits

If someone was a victim of abuse and confided in you and did not want the matter reported to civil authorities would you honour their request and right to privacy?
Depending on their age, I maybe would, yes, but only after offering them my strong advice and support - and suggestions about expert support, before, during, and after - if they were to decide to report it to law enforcement. I would not keep it secret though and would immediately tell their parents or guardians. I would also probably take steps to ensure that other children were safe from the child sex abuser. If the child were being abused by a family member I would not honour their request but would go to the authorities.

F

Moves
02 Mar 17

I have stated that its in the testimony given to the Royal commission...
Do you have links to testimony from victims of child sex abuse in Australia who testified to the commission that they were "empowered" by the JW organization?

F

Moves
02 Mar 17

If the child were being abused by a family member, what would you do?

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I would respect my sister's wishes on the matter. Do you think the victims want the 'whole world' to know every detail of what happened to them? She actually choose not to go to the authorities, and her perpetrator is now rotting in jail for a murder he committed years later. Karma is a b!tch.
Here is what I asked.

Would you have welcomed a similar investigation into the sexual abuse of your sister by her religious group, or would you have bene happy for them to have blocked any investigation?

Moves
02 Mar 17

google it and do your own research
You are the one making extraordinary claims in defence of the heinous behaviour by your cult leaders, so it is YOU who should be providing evidence.

Furthermore, you still haven't answered the question I've put you at least 6 times in this thread:

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?

Moves
02 Mar 17

Do you think your religious leaders have behaved with impeccable honesty and transparency in this matter?

Moves
02 Mar 17

Can you tell the forum what the actual policy of Jehovah witnesses was? That is correct it was to leave the matter up to victims and families to report and as the Royal commission reported more than 400 of the 1000 thousand or so allegations were reported to authorities. Can you tell the forum why you would remove the empowering of those involved t ...[text shortened]... remove empowering the victim to report or not report the matter to authorities as they see fit?
The findings of the commission were totally damning of your religious organisation and the leaders involved. How you can come in here defend your organisation is astonishing.

If you have a link to where the commission reported (not replication of JW lawyers or other propaganda from your cult), then you really should post it here of stop embarrassing yourself and your collegues further.

rc

Moves
02 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you have links to testimony from victims of child sex abuse in Australia who testified to the commission that they were "empowered" by the JW organization?
I have not said that the victims testified to being empowered. What I have actually stated was that the policy of leaving reporting to civil authorities up to victims empowers them to decide whether to report it or not. This policy was laid before the royal commission. I suggest you google and read their report. Its documented in the brothers testimony. It amazes me how much grandiose opinions you harbour about subjects that you have not researched prior to engaging in debate so that you need to resort to these slight of hands, misrepresentations and other gimmicks reminiscent of a kind of hackneyed street conjurer.

Moves
02 Mar 17

I have not said that the victims testified to being empowered. What I have actually stated was that the policy of leaving reporting to civil authorities up to victims empowers them to decide whether to report it or not. This policy was laid before the royal commission. I suggest you google and read their report. Its documented in the brothers tes ...[text shortened]... hands, misrepresentations and other gimmicks reminiscent of a kind of hackneyed street conjurer.
8th time of asking...

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?

F

Moves
02 Mar 17

I have not said that the victims testified to being empowered. What I have actually stated was that the policy of leaving reporting to civil authorities up to victims empowers them to decide whether to report it or not. This policy was laid before the royal commission. I suggest you google and read their report.
So you are admitting that there were no victims who testified that they were "empowered" by JW organization?