Journey Inside The Cell

Journey Inside The Cell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Feb 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You see what escapes you borgs is that your not used to thinking for yourselves!
But you just admitted to us in this thread that you are incapable of thinking of anything if Jesus didn't say you could!

Did Socrates die in vain i cry! Simply because someone else defines a term after their own manner, we ourselves need not accept that definition, for we have our own mind and our own evaluations to make. When you learn to use your mind and think for yourself, these distinctions which others insist upon have no value whatsoever, they are useless semantic arguments based on a definition of terms and are actually quite irrelevant to the real underlying theme. I in fact consider it the product of a weak and beggarly mind that is simply content to assimilate what others have written without question and terms it knowledge, for it is nothing of the sort, for what you are espousing you have not learned, but simply taken upon trust from some third party source. Originality of thought is the prime objective to be aimed for. Who knows whitey, one day you might get an original thought, its just a matter of waiting for one to come along.
So, can we put that down as 'Insane', 'Evil', 'Deluded' or just 'Obstinate'?

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
But you just admitted to us in this thread that you are incapable of thinking of anything if Jesus didn't say you could!

[b]Did Socrates die in vain i cry! Simply because someone else defines a term after their own manner, we ourselves need not accept that definition, for we have our own mind and our own evaluations to make. When you learn to use your ...[text shortened]... long.

So, can we put that down as 'Insane', 'Evil', 'Deluded' or just 'Obstinate'?[/b]
You may term it. . . . . . . . genius!

Where did i state that i could think of anything if the Christ didn't say so (like he really talks to me personally????) Now you are foaming at the mouth.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Feb 11

sigh, you dont understand. Do you read scripture? answer no, why? because to you its bollocks. Its the same for me with a purely materialist perspective. I am only reading Darwins book so that i can say that i have read it, not because i believe it or like it!

If you have any chess books, send them up!
Answer my question, what have you got to lose by reading this book?

You more than welcome to send me a book in an exchange and i will gladly read it Rob.

Don't be frightened Rob.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Answer my question, what have you got to lose by reading this book?

You more than welcome to send me a book in an exchange and i will gladly read it Rob.

Don't be frightened Rob.
let me ask you this, will the book enhance my spirituality or will it have a detrimental effect upon it?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Feb 11
1 edit

let me ask you this, will the book enhance my spirituality or will it have a detrimental effect upon it?
Read it and find out?

(gotta go and play a gig, the drums are loaded and the sax player is waiting).

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Read it and find out?

(gotta go and play a gig, the drums are loaded and the sax player is waiting).
I dont think that it will do me any good spiritually. I must refrain. If you ever give up drumming, you should get a job as a book salesman. I am learning to play bongos myself (have a good one)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 11

educate myself? You have the audacity to talk of education after having watered down Christian teaching and supplanted it with pure materialistic dogma. You are not a Christian for you have disowned the teaching of Christ and i can prove it scripturally, it has nothing to do with opinion, its a statement of fact.

A Christian is one who advocate ...[text shortened]... s to reptiles to birds to mammals. I consider your stance nothing short of apostasy. See to it!
Wow, really? Really?? Wow.

Your lack of faith is.... disturbing.

e4

Moves
27 Feb 11

Hi Robbie.

I see you are still stirring them up.
I have often admired your stance and turn of phrase.

I've riled a few born again Christians in my time (they are easy)
but to get athiests foaming requires a rare skill.

Turning down the book offer has me puzzled.

Why are you scared of a book?
It may even deepen your conviction.

And if the Bible is the truth what possible harm
can simply reading another book do?

What are you worried about?

They have stopped executing people for reading the 'wrong' book.

The last one, Thomas Aitkenhead was executed in 1697 ( see Thread 136981 )

They dragged this terrified young man out of his cell on a cold January morning
and hung him.
So outraged were the public the blasphemy laws were changed.

You could say he died so future generations could read
any book of their choosing without fear of persecution.

Sound like anyone else you know?

At least Thomas Aitkenhead's death was documented by proven
eye witness's and not scribbled down some two-three hundred years later.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Wow, really? Really?? Wow.

Your lack of faith is.... disturbing.
Yes Lord Vader, ill try harder, but now that you mention it, please in the light of your evolutionary apostatising, could you give the forum you interpretation of this verse, the words of Jesus i believe!

(Matthew 19:4) . . .In reply he said: “Did you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female

a direct quotation from the book of Genesis no less, shall we look at it in its original context?

(Genesis 1:27) . . .And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. . .

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Hi Robbie.

I see you are still stirring them up.
I have often admired your stance and turn of phrase.

I've riled a few born again Christians in my time (they are easy)
but to get athiests foaming requires a rare skill.

Turning down the book offer has me puzzled.

Why are you scared of a book?
It may even deepen your conviction.

And if th ...[text shortened]... mented by proven
eye witness's and not scribbled down some two-three hundred years later.
oh Gp, its nothing but a ragged clown chasing shadows! Its not that i dont appreciate Noobsters offer, and perhaps you are correct, i would read it and think, man this is more bollocks that i had previously suspected, but then again, it may sew seeds of doubt and diminish my conviction, anyhow i have more than enough going on at present plus, Noobster and i fight like mad and hes six foot four and if he knows my address, he just might come up from Manchester and give me a tanking one of these days!

It was really interesting the other day, i was thinking about you in my mind, what it will be like when we meet. I pictured in my mind, you pottering around your wife's newsagents store trying to nick things for us to eat and drink while we played five minutes blitz games outside. When i venture over to Musselburgh in summer, perhaps we can go for a curry and some beers 🙂

e4

Moves
27 Feb 11

Hi Robb.

I doubt if anyone has changed their belief by anything anyone
posted on here.

So I doubt if one book will change anyone's mind.

Just PM me when and If in town we can have a beer in Bells.
We will talk chess and football and keep religion out of it.

(though we can stroll about Greyfriars church yard and do some
ghost spotting if you want. )

I'm off on a jaunt around the Highlands in the summer.
Not decided the exact dates but sometime in June.

I don't into the shop, that's her domain.
She does tell me how to play chess.
I don't tell her how to sell newpapers.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11
3 edits

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Hi Robb.

I doubt if anyone has changed their belief by anything anyone
posted on here.

So I doubt if one book will change anyone's mind.

Just PM me when and If in town we can have a beer in Bells.
We will talk chess and football and keep religion out of it.

(though we can stroll about Greyfriars church yard and do some
ghost spotting if yo her domain.
She does tell me how to play chess.
I don't tell her how to sell newpapers.
I have been in that churchyard, i love cemeteries, the older the better. There is an excellent one in Scone palace, Perth. We went around the highlands two summers ago, all the way up the west to Cape Wrath and back round to Dornoch, was awesome. There is a good cemetery in Cape Wrath, full of Morrisons 🙂

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

Hey Robbie

The one advantage is when you read the (opposing view) book you know your opponent and where they are coming from. Like Patton and Rommel reading each others moves. That is all I would do is read JW articles and things written from the JW's when I would debate with you and G-75. Which lately I've totally refrained. Where is G-75 anyway??

Manny

Cape Town

Moves
28 Feb 11

You may term it. . . . . . . . genius!
1. You admit that using the standard definition of 'species' some of the claims you made in this thread would be false.
2. You admit that you knew this at the time you made them.
3. You did (and still have not) give an alternative definition for the word 'species' nor explain what you meant by it.
4. You think yourself a genius for claiming not to have lied in the above circumstances.

I think I am going to go with 'Insane'.

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11

Originally posted by menace71
Hey Robbie

The one advantage is when you read the (opposing view) book you know your opponent and where they are coming from. Like Patton and Rommel reading each others moves. That is all I would do is read JW articles and things written from the JW's when I would debate with you and G-75. Which lately I've totally refrained. Where is G-75 anyway??

Manny
i think he really got fed up with the futility of arguing all the time.