Journey Inside The Cell

Journey Inside The Cell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11
3 edits

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I am not a materialist. I really don't know how to say this more clearly.
excuse me, let me rephrase that for you,

im good but i am gone, another pointless and fruitless debate. with evolutionists who cannot see the difference between postulation and established scientific fact so as to make a distinction with their own minds and who are ready at a moments notice to condemn a book that they have neither read nor understood!

any other ambiguities you wish to clear up, before we move on to evolutionary frauds. That is attempts to establish the hypothesis basd on fraudulent depictions? Perhaps we could start with the ill fated ramapithecus?

Cape Town

Moves
27 Feb 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
oh really, we are still waiting for you to tell us the difference between soul and spirit, after all,
I explained what I meant in that thread.

A spiritual leech, unable to provide anything positive or constructive you are content to suck the life out anyone with an ounce of faith, all you can do is tear down and destroy, get away from me this instance! Vampire!
Your getting worse than dasa. I see that you cant handle being in the corner can you?
What to do. You have admitted to lying, but you lied to protect your faith, but lying is a threat to your faith uh oh, now you are in self created spiraling trap! Help! Insult everyone in sight and shout 'Materialists!'.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
I explained what I meant in that thread.

[b]A spiritual leech, unable to provide anything positive or constructive you are content to suck the life out anyone with an ounce of faith, all you can do is tear down and destroy, get away from me this instance! Vampire!

Your getting worse than dasa. I see that you cant handle being in the corner can you ...[text shortened]... are in self created spiraling trap! Help! Insult everyone in sight and shout 'Materialists!'.[/b]
where is my silver cross and wooden stake, its past sunset, when do you turn into a bat?

lets test you out again then shall we, what is the distinction between soul and spirit?

Cape Town

Moves
27 Feb 11
2 edits

where is my silver cross and wooden stake, its past sunset, when do you turn into a bat?
You've been watching the wrong movies. Try thinking along the lines of the Twilight Saga. 🙂
I'm practically indestructible.

But then again, if I turned into a bat that would prove conclusively that you were lying in your 'no new species' post.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11

You've been watching the wrong movies. Try thinking along the lines of the Twilight Saga. 🙂
I'm practically indestructible.
just wait till you get caught in sunlight, you'll evaporate!

Cape Town

Moves
27 Feb 11

You haven't watched the movies or read the books (I rather liked them).
If you shine sunlight on me, I sparkle like a diamond.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Feb 11

While i appreciate your kindness, and really i do, it would be wasted on my dear Noobster, absolutely wasted on me.

It is the equivalent of me sending you a bible and a copy of , You can live forever on a paradise on earth and expect you to read it and become a Christian. I know that you are sincere in this regard, that you really do think that ...[text shortened]... my religion and its principles and would not give it up for anything. Including life itself. 🙂
Why would it be wasted on you? I'm asking you to read a book, if you can read Origin of the Species, why can't you read this book?

It is the equivalent of me sending you a bible and a copy of , You can live forever on a paradise on earth and expect you to read it and become a Christian.

No it's not, i'm asking you to read a book, nothing more, nothing less. You keep talking about your 'free' mind and it's ability to evaluate, read this book and evaluate and then we can have antoterh discussion. Until you actually read a book on the evidence for evolution then i'll keep maintaining your view is nothing less than an argumentum ad ignorantiam.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11

You haven't watched the movies or read the books (I rather liked them).
If you shine sunlight on me, I sparkle like a diamond.
yes you are correct i have not read the book nor watched the sagas, pray tell, who is the arch villain and what powers of darkness does he harness?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
27 Feb 11

excuse me, let me rephrase that for you,

im good but i am gone, another pointless and fruitless debate. with evolutionists who cannot see the difference between postulation and established scientific fact so as to make a distinction with their own minds and who are ready at a moments notice to condemn a book that they have neither read nor unders ...[text shortened]... pothesis basd on fraudulent depictions? Perhaps we could start with the ill fated ramapithecus?
Look Robbie, evolution is really not all that complicated. You accept that random mutations take place. You accept that these mutations can lead to offspring which are differently suited to their environment than their parents. Your only sticking point seems to be a stubborn insistence that mutation cannot lead to offspring that are better suited to their environment. Will you consider for a moment antibiotic resistance in bacteria?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Feb 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I am not a materialist. I really don't know how to say this more clearly.
But that doesn't fit into Rob's nice black and white world he lives in.

Evolution = Materialism = Bad

Creationism = Spiritualism = Good.

Anything other than that doesn't compute.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Feb 11
1 edit

You cannot fight an enemy you don't understand. If you attack a vampire with a cross and wooden stake, you will fail just as badly as when you attacked evolution with a 'no new species' claim when you apparently don't know what a species is. You seem to think 'fish' is an example of a species.
I call you a liar on that because it is not the first time you have been corrected on that point, but then again you could be 'Stupid', 'Insane', 'Wicked' or some thing else. What is your excuse for apparently not knowing that 'fish' is not an example of a species? Is it the fear of vampires that is blinding you?

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Why would it be wasted on you? I'm asking you to read a book, if you can read Origin of the Species, why can't you read this book?

[b]It is the equivalent of me sending you a bible and a copy of , You can live forever on a paradise on earth and expect you to read it and become a Christian.

No it's not, i'm asking you to read a book, noth ...[text shortened]... 'll keep maintaining your view is nothing less than an argumentum ad ignorantiam.[/b]
yes it is the same, all i would be doing is asking you to read a book, well two actually. Can you not see that we really do think it inconceivable that life has arisen through merely material means? without intelligence? I do not think it ignorant at all. I am reading the book that the theory is based upon and making my own evaluation, with my own mind, despite the fact that its not an easy book to read!

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11
3 edits

You cannot fight an enemy you don't understand. If you attack a vampire with a cross and wooden stake, you will fail just as badly as when you attacked evolution with a 'no new species' claim when you apparently don't know what a species is. You seem to think 'fish' is an example of a species.
I call you a liar on that because it is not the first time yo ' is not an example of a species? Is it the fear of vampires that is blinding you?
You see what escapes you borgs is that your not used to thinking for yourselves! Did Socrates die in vain i cry! Simply because someone else defines a term after their own manner, we ourselves need not accept that definition, for we have our own mind and our own evaluations to make. When you learn to use your mind and think for yourself, these distinctions which others insist upon have no value whatsoever, they are useless semantic arguments based on a definition of terms and are actually quite irrelevant to the real underlying theme. I in fact consider it the product of a weak and beggarly mind that is simply content to assimilate what others have written without question and term it knowledge, for it is nothing of the sort, for what you are espousing you have not learned, but simply taken upon trust from some third party source. Originality of thought is the prime objective to be aimed for. Who knows whitey, one day you might get an original thought, its just a matter of waiting for one to come along.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
27 Feb 11
1 edit

yes it is the same, all i would be doing is asking you to read a book, well two actually. Can you not see that we really do think it inconceivable that life has arisen through merely material means? without intelligence? I do not think it ignorant at all. I am reading the book that the theory is based upon and making my own evaluation, with my own mind, despite the fact that its not an easy book to read!
If it's not easy to read, i'll send you my book that is very eloquently written by one of the words leading evolutionary biologists (don't worry it's not Dawkins), it sums all the evidence gathered over the last 150yrs. It's not big, just a mere 241 pages.

I don't understand why you can read Origin of the Species, yet not this book?! I'll even send some stamps with the book so it won't cost you anything to send back.

What have you got to lose?

rc

Moves
27 Feb 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
If it's not easy to read, i'll send you my book that is very eloquently written by one of the words leading evolutionary biologists (don't worry it's not Dawkins), it sums all the evidence gathered over the last 150yrs. It's not big, just a mere 241 pages.

I don't understand why you can read Origin of the Species, yet not this book?! I'll even ...[text shortened]... with the book so it won't cost you anything to send back.

What have you got to lose?
sigh, you dont understand. Do you read scripture? answer no, why? because to you its bollocks. Its the same for me with a purely materialist perspective. I am only reading Darwins book so that i can say that i have read it, not because i believe it or like it!

If you have any chess books, send them up!