John 10, the elect

John 10, the elect

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Aug 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Sorry, that isn't me. As of late I've been attending a Baptist church. The preacher rhere doesn't agree with me at all on the topic.
Not surprising, the Baptists aren't Calvinists.

E

Moves
31 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
Not surprising, the Baptists aren't Calvinists.
Yet you accuse me of following church dogma. But hey, you arfen't really bright enough to understand what tou are saying anyhow. Why should I be surprisd at you lack of concern over your inconsistencies.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Sep 17
2 edits

[b]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

According to Jesus, God has given people to Je ...[text shortened]... lude that person him or herself? Is Jesus correct in his assertion that God is making the call?[/b]
How has John 10:29,30 been an aid to your own spiritual growth as a Christian believer ?

E

Moves
03 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
How has [b]John 10:29,30 been an aid to your own spiritual growth as a Christian believer ?[/b]
By recognizing the teachings of the children of Satan who claim to know God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Sep 17

Is this like recognizing counterfeit money has made you richer ?

Has knowing about these teachings made you more a consecrated believer with more of your life under Christ's Lordship ?

Or do you just feel better about knowing that there are false teachers out there ?

E

Moves
03 Sep 17

Is this like recognizing counterfeit money has made you richer ?

Has knowing about these teachings made you more a consecrated believer with more of your life under Christ's Lordship ?

Or do you just feel better about knowing that there are false teachers out there ?
You'll find out next week on the next episode of Soap.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Sep 17
2 edits

Has your sense of being one of the elect been strengthened ?

Has assurance been made stronger in trials by knowing about John 10:29,30 ?
Would you be more waverning in temptation if you did not know about the sheep in Christ and His Father's hand ?

That would make sense to me.

Or are you edified by knowing that some are just not in the hand of Christ and His Father ?

E

Moves
03 Sep 17

Is your sense of being one of the elect been strengthened ?

Has assurance been made stronger in trials by knowing about [b]John 10:29,30
?
Would you be more waverning in temptation if you did not know about the sheep in Christ and His Father's hand ?

That would make sense to me.[/b]
Of course not. I am not arrogant enough to declare my own salvation.

People who do that kind of stuff put their opinion on level with God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

The New Testament tells me this -

" For by grace you have been saved through faith, ..." (Eph 2:8a)

Now if I say "Amen, I by grace have been saved through faith" agreeing with the oracles of God, am I being arrogant by declaring my own salvation ?

If by standing on the word of God am I not putting my opinion on level with God ?

It says there -

" ... you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; Not of works that no one should boast." (vs. 8b,9)

Now if I say to someone " Friend, I have been saved through faith, and this not of myself, it is the gift of God. I can't boast of anything. I am saved"

Is this my being arrogant ?

E

Moves
04 Sep 17

The [b]New Testament
tells me this -

" For by grace you have been saved through faith, ..." (Eph 2:8a)

Now if I say "Amen, I by grace have been saved thr ...[text shortened]... f, it is the gift of God. I can't boast of anything. I am saved"

Is this my being arrogant ?[/b]
Was he writing that letter to you?

Just because God forgives your sins by grace it doesn't mean they can't reinstated. According to Jesus they can.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

Yes.

Just because God forgives your sins by grace it doesn't mean they can't reinstated. According to Jesus they can.

Wherever you think that you have been told that in the New Testament, how do you know that was written to you ?

So you seem to be saying that Ephesians is not written to me.
But your passage (wherever you are referring to) IS written to me.

Is it that things which support your theology are written to me but things which do not support your theology are not written to me ?

E

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

[b]Was he writing that letter to you?

Yes.

Wherever you think that you have been told that in the New Testament, how do you know that was written to you ?

So you seem t ...[text shortened]... theology are written to me but things which do not support your theology are not written to me ?[/b]
The letters of the NT were written to those who know God, not to liberals who pervert God's word.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Sep 17
3 edits

Concering the book of Ephesians -

It is Scripture. All Scripture is God breathed and profitable to the man of God, Right?

" All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

That the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

I am a man of God. So why is the book of Ephesians, New Testament Scripture, not for my profit, teaching, correction, conviction, instruction in righteousness, equipping, completion?

Why isn't Ephesians written for me?

E

Moves
04 Sep 17

Concering the book of [b]Ephesians -

It is Scripture. All Scripture is God breathed and profitable to the man of God, Right?

[quote] " All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

That the man of God may ...[text shortened]... truction in righteousness, equipping, completion?

Why isn't [b]Ephesians
written for me?[/b]
If they were written to you, you would not be blind and unable to discern what the words mean.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Sep 17

The letters of the NT were written to those who know God, not to liberals who pervert God's word.
" All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

That the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16,17)

Where in here does it say this does not apply to liberals ?