1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 19:441 edit
    @eladar said
    I asked you a question, did Jesus abolish the law so that what it declared sinful is no longer sinful? Do you believe that because of Jesus the law no longer applies?

Do try to actually answer the question this time.
    [Romans 6:14 NKJV] 14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace."

[Galatians 2:21 NKJV] 21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."

[Galatians 5:4 NKJV] 4 "You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace."
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 19:46
    @kingdavid403 said
    [Romans 6:14 NKJV] 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
    [Galatians 2:21 NKJV] 21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness [comes] through the law, then Christ died in vain."
    [Galatians 5:4 NKJV] 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
    I suppose if you declare that sin is no longer sin, then in your mind you can do whatever you wish.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 19:50
    Warning from Paul

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians%205%3A19-21&version=NIV

Sexually immoral will not enter the kingdom of God.

You can read about Paul's view on homosexual immorality in Romans 1. Do I need to quote it for you?
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 19:511 edit
    @eladar said
    I suppose if you declare that sin is no longer sin, then in your mind you can do whatever you wish.
    I think I may have said it before, but whatever, do you really think you and christianity are a good fit? There are other faiths that accord much more closely with your prejudices.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 19:521 edit
    @eladar said
    You do need to as answer to Jesus' words, if you want to claim to be a Christian.

For I say to you that unless your righteousness far surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

That is my answer. Unless Jesus was speaking nonsense, there must be a judge for righteousness. In the passage Jesus said the Law was the judge of righteousness.
    For I say to you that unless your righteousness far surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
    You're right for once, for those attempting to enter Heaven by living by the Old Testament laws. Better read your Bible again boy.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 19:56
    @kingdavid403 said
    You're right for once, for those attempting to enter Heaven by living by the Old Testament laws. Better read your Bible again boy.
    Where did Jesus say for only those trying to enter by being righteous.

Jesus said only the righteous will enter. You add to Jesus' words attempting to mislead.
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 20:011 edit
    @eladar said
    Where did Jesus say for only those trying to enter by being righteous.

Jesus said only the righteous will enter. You add to Jesus' words attempting to mislead.
    lol, Where did Jesus say that only the righteous would enter heaven?
    [Romans 3:10 NKJV] 10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 20:07
    @kingdavid403 said
    lol, Where did Jesus say that only the righteous would enter heaven?
    [Romans 3:10 NKJV] 10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;

You are blind.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 20:162 edits
    @eladar said

You are blind.
    [Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV] 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast."
    Yes, you and your buddy rajk666 are blind. Bye bye lying loser; I'm going to watch my game now. lol...
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 20:28
    @eladar said

You are blind.
    What is the righteousness of scribes and Pharisees?
    "These “blind guides” have the same “righteousness” as the scribes and Pharisees who were always “straining out the gnat and swallowing a camel” (Matthew 23: 24). These religious leaders of yesterday and today “appear righteous to others, but within [they] are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness” (Matthew 23:28).
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 20:34
    @kingdavid403 said
    What is the righteousness of scribes and Pharisees?
    "These “blind guides” have the same “righteousness” as the scribes and Pharisees who were always “straining out the gnat and swallowing a camel” (Matthew 23: 24). These religious leaders of yesterday and today “appear righteous to others, but within [they] are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness” (Matthew 23:28).
    You can argue with Jesus all you like.

Fact is that sexual immorality is sin that will prevent you from entering heaven. Why? It reflects what is in your heart.

Homosexuality is described as nothing but evil in the Bible. In no place is homosexuality described as an acceptable behavior for a follower of God .

Jesus said that marriage was created by God joining a male and female to make one. These are all things Jesus actually said as recorded in the Bible.

Sin is ok, just does not fly if you are to believe what Jesus taught.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 06:321 edit
    @Eladar

You cannot teach people how to live by Jesus. You can only teach them to hate evil things.

Each thread you start is pretty much a variation on the same theme - to teach people to hate evil things. Do you think the stronger and stronger one's hatred for evil the more by their own strength they will live a Christian life ?

Say a person agrees that marriage is between a man and a woman. The success of being a follower of Christ does not rest solely in increasing one's hatred for other definitions of marriage.

I have no problem seeing God's will is marriage is between opposite sexes.
    Its too bad you have nothing of a Gospel to offer anyone except to increase
    hatred for evil doing.

You cannot teach anyone how to be dependent on the only perfect Person - the Son of God. You can only teach them to be strongly independent and hate sinning more and more fiercely.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 13:14
    @sonship

The theme is to identify sin. I ask people to be honest and find in scripture where it states that sin is no longer sin.

So far all I have gotten is that Jesus forgives all sin so let sin abound.

As of yet, nobody has been able to identify a marriage described by Jesus as any other than a marriage between one man and one woman.

If you cannot see sin, or you accept sin as good, then you do not have the holy spirit in your heart. You have Satan in your heart.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 13:35
    @Eladar
    The theme is to identify sin. I ask people to be honest and find in scripture where it states that sin is no longer sin.

But I have to stand by what I wrote.
    So you focus your attention on sin and challenge the world to contradict you.

From there where do you go?
    Not once do I remember you offering anyone a way to overcome the problem.

As far as I can see you never go beyond "Prove that THIS is not a sin".

So far all I have gotten is that Jesus forgives all sin so let sin abound.

Same issue I have there.
    Once forgiven then how do we continue on from freedom from the guilt of sin to freedom from the power of sin.

That's very very much in the New Testament if your didn't pay much attention to it.;

As of yet, nobody has been able to identify a marriage described by Jesus as any other than a marriage between one man and one woman.

Yes, marriage is between a man and a woman. You'll get no argument from me on that.

Now, for those in bondage to perversions of marriage something more than just self loathing is required.

And I am calling you out on that because umpteen threads have been you produced on "Prove that this is not a sin". And you spoke quite frankly to me saying I worship Satan. So if you want to play hard ball I'' accommodate you.

Besides a ministry of condemnation what else do you offer?

If you cannot see sin, or you accept sin as good, then you do not have the holy spirit in your heart. You have Satan in your heart.

Put two sentence together if you can about how one can LIVE by the Holy Spirit.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 14:06
    @sonship said
    @Eladar

But I have to stand by what I wrote.
    So you focus your attention on sin and challenge the world to contradict you.

From there where do you go?
    Not once do I remember you offering anyone a way to overcome the p ...[text shortened]... [/quote]

Put two sentence together if you can about how one can LIVE by the Holy Spirit.
    If you are only trying to peddle Jesus as salvation without concern for living as God instructs, you are leading others away from Christ.

All we can do is proclaim truth and the blind will not see it. No use trying to make things so that the blind will like what you are saying so you can walk with the blind. You will just end up in the same hole that they fall into.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree