1. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 14:28
    @eladar said
    If you are only trying to peddle Jesus as salvation without concern for living as God instructs, you are leading others away from Christ.

All we can do is proclaim truth and the blind will not see it. No use trying to make things so that the blind will like what you are saying so you can walk with the blind. You will just end up in the same hole that they fall into.
    You clearly do not understand. Sonship has an intimate relationship with Christ. He calls on Jesus hundreds of times per day. He professes that he '"loves Jesus" over and over and over. If you were saved, if you were born again and if you had the Holy Spirit you would understand that this is what God wants .. total devotion. I dont think you get it. Christians like you are lost and trying to work your way to salvation. Its futile.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 14:32
    @Eladar
    If you are only trying to peddle Jesus as salvation without concern for living as God instructs, you are leading others away from Christ.

Announcing that in Jesus, through Jesus, by Jesus, with Jesus and in Jesus is total salvation is what the Bible is about. You may call this "peddling".

But total salvation as the Person and work of Jesus is the good news.

All we can do is proclaim truth and the blind will not see it.

That's right. Some will not see Christ as alive, available, and the Savior.
    "You're a sinner and should hate yourself" is not the full message.

Paul preach "the unsearchable riches of Christ as the gospel".

I see you say "See sin and hate sin. Hare and hate and hate sin"
    The Goods News includes how to obtain forgiveness and victory by knowing this
    living Person, the Savior.

Someone should ask you "Okay, now we utterly hate evil. Where do we go from here? Just hate more and more? Will that make us children of God?"

I am not out to derail your thread. But I will offer something beyond "Hate sin and be self loathing." And that there is something more is very much a part of the New Testament.

Every Moslem knows marriage is between a man and woman.
    Ask one if he knows God.
    Every Orthodox Jew knows marriage is between a man and a woman.
    Asl one if he knows God.

We have to be led to learn to fellowship with Jesus Christ.
    We have to learn to allow His victory to spread throughout our hearts.
    We have to see the good news is that He is AVAILABLE and LIVING.

Our sheer disgust with sin and sinning is not enough.
    You need another life.
    You need Christ to unite and mingle His victorious Holy Spirit with your human spirit.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:`17)

No use trying to make things so that the blind will like what you are saying so you can walk with the blind. You will just end up in the same hole that they fall into.

It is useful to see that only Christ is absolute for the will of God.
    And we must fellowship with Him in intimate communion.
    In this fellowship of dependence and union is not only forgiveness but victory over
    the power of the sin nature.

So I teach people to pray in this way -

Lord Jesus, I love to live in sin. But You Lord are absolute for the righteous will of Your Father. Come into me Lord Jesus. Come into me and cleanse me. Redeem me with your precious blood. And Lord I open the chambers of my heart for you to come into me and live in me. Lord Jesus, You Yourself are my only hope. Lord You are my only freedom and salvation. Lord come live in me. I receive you Lord Jesus and thank You for Your faithfulness to become my life."
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 15:47
    @eladar said
    For I say to you that unless your righteousness far surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

You are blind.
    You keep writing this.

You don't seem to be aware that this is what convicts you.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 15:50
    @suzianne said
    You keep writing this.

You don't seem to be aware that this is what convicts you.
    Try answering the question from the original post.

Support your belief in Jesus' teachings with Jesus' words.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '21 16:06
    @eladar said
    Try answering the question from the original post.

Support your belief in Jesus' teachings with Jesus' words.
    I'm not going to argue with you. You twist words. I worship God, not the Bible.

You do not seem to know what is important and what is trivia.

You hate sins that you perceive others engage in (even if they do not), and yet you are blind to your own sins.

You are exactly like the Pharisees, who beat their chest with their own supposed "righteousness", when it is anything but.

I love God. I do not love a book. Especially one that most of it doesn't even apply to me. Worry more about defying the commandments of Jesus and less about following Mosaic Law.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '21 19:14
    @suzianne said
    I'm not going to argue with you. You twist words. I worship God, not the Bible.

You do not seem to know what is important and what is trivia.

You hate sins that you perceive others engage in (even if they do not), and yet you are blind to your own sins.

You are exactly like the Pharisees, who beat their chest with their own supposed "righteousness", when it is any ...[text shortened]... pply to me. Worry more about defying the commandments of Jesus and less about following Mosaic Law.
    When you say you are not going to argue with me what you mean is that you cannot provide scripture proving me wrong.

Face it Suzi, you worship a God that ordered homosexuals executed. Why would that kind of thing be necessary from your point of view?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 09:58
    @eladar said
    When you say you are not going to argue with me what you mean is that you cannot provide scripture proving me wrong.

Face it Suzi, you worship a God that ordered homosexuals executed. Why would that kind of thing be necessary from your point of view?
    You've been schooled on this numerous times. You just don't want to listen because you think you know it all.

And when I say I'm not going to argue with you, what I mean is I'm not going to argue with you. It's futile.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 16:45
    Suzziane,

This video is not too long for an important subject.
    How much could you approve or disapprove of Dave Winger's interpretation of the matter of women keeping silent in the church ?

But please listen to the discussion to the conclusion before you form an opinion about Winger's take on the controversial passage.

And if you can't stand to hear it to the end and want to comment, just let me know that you didn't hear it to the end. Thanks.

How I CURRENTLY Understand The Bible Saying "Women Be Silent In The Church"

YouTube
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 17:49
    @suzianne said
    You've been schooled on this numerous times. You just don't want to listen because you think you know it all.

And when I say I'm not going to argue with you, what I mean is I'm not going to argue with you. It's futile.
    Provide the scripture that specifically mentions what you believe I have been schooled on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree