Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
Why?
It was a joke.
By the way, it's pretty dishonest to edit out the smiley. It was put there for a reason.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
It was a joke.
So, I will ask again: do you think people should not "get attacked or lectured when questioning bible interpretation and/or context" then?

F

Moves
12 Oct 18
1 edit

@chaney3 said
By the way, it's pretty dishonest to edit out the smiley. It was put there for a reason.
It's still there in your post, presumably.

c

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
It's still there in your post, presumably.
You purposely edited it out.
Why?

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
You purposely edited it out.
Why?
I cannot see any emoticons on my browser.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
It's disappointing that I get attacked or lectured when questioning bible interpretation and/or context.
Over the last 2-3 years you've made quite a habit of attacking people for questioning the Bible or questioning people's interpretation of the Bible. I can think of quite a few posters you have attacked or lectured for this reason. Why do you find it "disappointing" when it happens to you?

c

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
I cannot see any emoticons on my browser.
Okay, I saw your issue on the help forum.
Out of curiosity, if you saw the smiley, would you have taken my post as a lighthearted joke?
Do the emojis matter?

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
Okay, I saw your issue on the help forum.
Out of curiosity, if you saw the smiley, would you have taken my post as a lighthearted joke?
Do the emojis matter?
Whether you meant it as a joke is neither here nor there because what I am tackling you about is not your sense of humour but the online-disinhibition double standard you are displaying. If you attempted to make a joke to distract from this, I couldn't care less.

c

Moves
12 Oct 18

@fmf said
Whether you meant it as a joke is neither here nor there because what I am tackling you about is not your sense of humour but the online-disinhibition double standard you are displaying. If you attempted to make a joke to distract from this, I couldn't care less.
"Lighten up Francis"

From Stripes

You're a boring, dull person FMF.

F

Moves
12 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
"Lighten up Francis"

From Stripes

You're a boring, dull person FMF.
Whether I am dull and boring is beside the point. Your double standard remains dangling there, unaddressed.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Oct 18
2 edits

@chaney3 said
Let me ask you this KellyJay:

Is there anything in the bible that you've determined cannot be from God? Any verses or stories that you think must be written by man, with no possible connection to being inspired by God?

Or do you sincerely believe that every word and story are 'approved' by God?

***because there are some really twisted, perverse things in the bible, and I see no reason why we cannot challenge them.
They were all written by men, God wrote the 10 Commandments, but all the
scripture was due to people and their encounters with God. There is only one
book of the 66 books in the Bible where God isn't even mentioned, and that is
Esther which if you read it you'll see God in action in really cool ways. I believe the
scriptures yes that they were inspired by God. Yes there are some really twisted
things in the Bible, no denying that.

Here is the thing, you want something that suits you or the truth? Something that
suits you will mold itself around your feelings, it could make you feel good about
yourself if that is what you want, or bad about yourself if that is what you want,
the only measure is what do you want. The truth is not going to do that, it isn't
truth because people like it, or makes people feel good, it totally and completely
is truth and nothing about us changes that.

If you want something that is pure and lovely, truth isn't going to fit into that
unless you are talking about God. The thing is with God and us, God is true,
pure, lovely, good, and righteous, and we are not. So if God is good and He is
confronted with sin, what is a pure, righteous God to do, He cannot accept sin
as okay, He wouldn't be good and righteous if He did. He cannot just blow it off
as if it didn't happen, He wouldn't be good and righteous if He did. The same
would be true with evil and wickedness.

God's solution was to take the wrath of God and pour it on Jesus, the sinless for
the sinful.

Isaiah 53:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him
stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions;
he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us
peace, and with his wounds we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the
iniquity of us all.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
It's disappointing that I get attacked or lectured when questioning bible interpretation and/or context.
You don’t get attacked nor lectured, but you do get challenged on what appears to be your flimsy dishonest attitude to Christianity. I’ve questioned you on this dozens and dozens of times.

For example, have you yet decided if you are a Christian or not?

c

Moves
12 Oct 18

@divegeester said
You don’t get attacked nor lectured, but you do get challenged on what appears to be your flimsy dishonest attitude to Christianity. I’ve questioned you on this dozens and dozens of times.

For example, have you yet decided if you are a Christian or not?
Sorry Dive, but you're not someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity, because yours is very weak, and your daily words on these forums reflect someone who is far from Christ.

Back to the thread, God was not speaking to us in Jeremiah 29:11, He was speaking to Jewish exiles. But people just love to single out that verse and try to apply it to themselves.

Don't be a fake Christian anymore, you can do better.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
Sorry Dive, but you're not someone who should be questioning anybody's Christianity, because yours is very weak, and your daily words on these forums reflect someone who is far from Christ.

Back to the thread, God was not speaking to us in Jeremiah 29:11, He was speaking to Jewish exiles. But people just love to single out that verse and try to apply it to themselves.

Don't be a fake Christian anymore, you can do better.
I’m just asking if you have decided if you are a Christian or not?

c

Moves
12 Oct 18

@divegeester said
I’m just asking if you have decided if you are a Christian or not?
You need to ask yourself that question.

Being a Christian is more than just calling yourself a Christian. Your pal "called himself" a Christian for years, and now look at him.

Be better Dive.