It desires to have you

It desires to have you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I asked you simply to compare black with white. Nothing more.

Edit: How was the movie?
Just finished our meal, about to eat my fortune cookie and off to the show. Will talk later my friend.

"We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails"

Moves
06 May 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I am cool with God stipulating what is good and what is evil. I am also cool with Him punishing what he deems to be evil as He sees fit.
So you're cool with God telling man not to kill, while arbitrarily and petulantly killing himself?

Good to know.

Moves
06 May 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I think that if you say something is evil you have to assume there's good. You also assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. Also, if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver. If you assume that the God of the Bible does exist, he has to be the Law Giver. So saying He doesn't exist because He is evil is self defeating.
Only you have stated the notion that God can't exist because He is evil.

Just you.

Moves
06 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Just finished our meal, about to eat my fortune cookie and off to the show. Will talk later my friend.

"We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails"
'Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail, and mankind the vessel.'

Augustus Hare

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17
1 edit

'Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail, and mankind the vessel.'

Augustus Hare
You gotta fortune cookie eating cheese 😉

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
Without God does anyone avoid sin?

No.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 May 17

I hope that was succinct enough. I'm still bracing myself for scrutiny over the fact that I used a capital N and a period after the small o.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
I hope that was succinct enough. I'm still bracing myself for scrutiny over the fact that I used a capital N and a period after the small o.
Yes, I going to complain about that, and look for something you said 10 years ago and berate you for nothing to do with this topic. You ruined it all by owing up over that period after that small "o" it just took the wind out of my rage. So I would tell you...oh never mind I forgot what I was saying. 😉

T

Moves
07 May 17

Perhaps you can explain something to me.

Given what the Bible says about pride, why is it that so many Christians seem to be so prideful?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 May 17

So you're cool with God telling man not to kill, while arbitrarily and petulantly killing himself?

Good to know.
You realize man wasn't suppose to die right, but jumped into sin and we started down this
path. I also do not have a single issue with God giving life and taking it away, and while at
the same time holding us to rules forbidding us to do things He can do because of who He
is.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 May 17

Good to know.
God killed himself? New one on me.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 May 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Perhaps you can explain something to me.

Given what the Bible says about pride, why is it that so many Christians seem to be so prideful?
Good question. Looks like Christians are human beings and not capable of doing exactly as the bible instructs, 24x7

F

Moves
07 May 17

KellyJay: Without God does anyone avoid sin?

No
So nobody avoids "sin" without God.

Does anybody avoid "sin" with God?

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
07 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
So nobody avoids "sin" without God.

Does anybody avoid "sin" [b]with
God?[/b]
When connected with God, a.k.a. "under the power of the Holy Spirit," I'd say it's impossible to sin. Other than that, we sin on a daily basis.

F

Moves
07 May 17

When connected with God, a.k.a. "under the power of the Holy Spirit," I'd say it's impossible to sin. Other than that, we sin on a daily basis.
So who - for example - avoids "sin" because they are "under the power of the Holy Spirit"? Or is it some kind of hypothetical?