It desires to have you

It desires to have you

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The link at the bottom gives you another 15 examples.
I'll look at what you post here and respond to those things.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 May 17

The link at the bottom gives you another 15 examples.
I've responded about the deaths, nothing about that?

Moves
06 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I've responded about the deaths, nothing about that?
Sorry Kelly, but your answer that 'God has set a time for everyone of us to die' falls woefully short of a justification for his behaviour in the OT.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17

Sorry Kelly, but your answer that 'God has set a time for everyone of us to die' falls woefully short of a justification for his behaviour in the OT.
You are so full of it Duke, He sets the time for everyone but you think those are specially
bad why? Get a grip, every breath you take is air that is a gift of His, there is nothing you
have that doesn't bottom line come from him. If you are going to make some statement
about how that statement of mine doesn't apply, explain your reasoning at least, don't just
make an announcement no and think that is all it takes.

So tell me, the God who setup the whole universe, holds it together by the power of His
Word, sets the times for our lives, forms us in our mother's wombs did wrong when He
did what does for everyone with those people, WHY? Put up or shut up, mister I'm not
a control freak but will hold others accountable for those things you don't like.

Moves
06 May 17

You are so full of it Duke, He sets the time for everyone but you think those are specially
bad why? Get a grip, every breath you take is air that is a gift of His, there is nothing you
have that doesn't bottom line come from him. If you are going to make some statement
about how that statement of mine doesn't apply, explain your reasoning at least, don' ...[text shortened]... ister I'm not
a control freak but will hold others accountable for those things you don't like.
The God of the OT did some truly awful things (of which I have linked to at least 20 examples) and so far you have given no reasonable explanation for his actions or why admiration of such a deity is justified.

T

Moves
06 May 17

about how that statement of mine doesn't apply, explain your reasoning at least, don' ...[text shortened]... ister I'm not
bad why?

Do you believe that murder is "specially bad"? Why? The murdered person's time was set by God and the murderer simply God's instrument.

Moves
06 May 17

I'll look at what you post here and respond to those things.
Anyone who has given serious study to the Old and New Testament is misguided in their conclusion that the same God is portrayed and off their religious trolley if they maintain this same God is unchanging.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17

The God of the OT did some truly awful things (of which I have linked to at least 20 examples) and so far you have given no reasonable explanation for his actions or why admiration of such a deity is justified.
You told me about God ending the life of people as if that were something new since God
sets up everything's beginning and end, what is it about them that you find so wrong and
unjustified when God does it? He started the universe, He has plans to end it too, He
forms us in our mother's wombs, and has set the time limit for the end of each of our lives,
He gives and takes away. He is God, not some moron who has no say in any part of our
existence, He holds the universe together that you live in, and how is this not part of His
right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17

Anyone who has given serious study to the Old and New Testament is misguided in their conclusion that the same God is portrayed and off their religious trolley if they maintain this same God is unchanging.
You since you don't believe God to be real, I suppose you can make up the rules for your
god any way you like, he is only found in your head. Taking scripture as is, there is only
ONE God, your misguided grasp of Him does not settle anything out side of showing you
know nothing about one you claimed to have studied.

Moves
06 May 17

You told me about God ending the life of people as if that were something new since God
sets up everything's beginning and end, what is it about them that you find so wrong and
unjustified when God does it? He started the universe, He has plans to end it too, He
forms us in our mother's wombs, and has set the time limit for the end of each of our lives, ...[text shortened]... stence, He holds the universe together that you live in, and how is this not part of His
right?
Okay, clearly the 20 examples I referenced have overwhelmed you. How about giving feedback to just one of them:

4. God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.

Moves
06 May 17

You since you don't believe God to be real, I suppose you can make up the rules for your
god any way you like, he is only found in your head. Taking scripture as is, there is only
ONE God, your misguided grasp of Him does not settle anything out side of showing you
know nothing about one you claimed to have studied.
Kelly, by claiming the same unchanging God is portrayed in both the OT and NT you are merely demonstrating God's true nature is unknown to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17
1 edit

Okay, clearly the 20 examples I referenced have overwhelmed you. How about giving feedback to just one of them:

4. God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
I gave you feed back on all of them, God sets the time for all of our deaths. Nothing has
been promised to you, me, or anyone else about how long your life is supposed to be.
Maybe you got a promise from someone, did anyone promise you a long life, or anyone
you know? Did anyone promise you, your next breath? I'm not the one who is claiming
God did something evil for something God does for HIS creation, for His reasons, for
His purposes. Do you also complain about God when HIS sunshine is removed by rain on
some days, do you complain about God when things don't go your way?

How is it exactly that you can demand God act the way you want Him too again, I missed
that part?

Moves
06 May 17

I gave you feed back on all of them, God sets the time for all of our deaths. Nothing has
been promised to you, me, or anyone else about how long your life is supposed to be.
Maybe you got a promise from someone, did anyone promise you a long life, or anyone
you know? Did anyone promise you, your next breath? I'm not the one who is claiming
God did some ...[text shortened]... w is it exactly that you can demand God act the way you want Him too again, I missed
that part?
Your sticking plaster answer doesn't come close to healing the gaping wound of:

'God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them. In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.'

I expect God to lead by example. If you wish to worship a tyrant, good for you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17
1 edit

Kelly, by claiming the same unchanging God is portrayed in both the OT and NT you are merely demonstrating God's true nature is unknown to you.
Hardly, God has been moving towards an end, that end is Jesus Christ becoming one of
us so we could know God by seeing Jesus. You again, have some made up god between
your ears, so now when confronted with the real thing you don't know how to wrap your
mind around it. You are just like those that said Jesus was a sinner, because they had
God in box, they thought He had to act a certain way so when He healed on the Sabbath
the accused Him of sin, NOT grasping it was they who couldn't see what was right
in front of them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 May 17

Your sticking plaster answer doesn't come close to healing the gaping wound of:

'God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them. In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.'

I expect God to lead by example. If you wish to worship a tyrant, good for you.
With the exception of those alive today, everyone before us are all dead. You picking out
a cherry picked few to accuse God of some wrong only shows your study has not taught
you a thing about God.