1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Sep '20 07:26
    @divegeester said
    What makes you “sure her treatment of the him was justified” You admit to not even reading the posts. This comment by you is typical of the cliquey commentary infecting these forums recently.

I absolutely defend her right to say whatever she wanted to RJHinds and I defend my right to say whatever I want to whoever I want to say it to...without being brow beaten by the likes of Suzianne.
    We salute you sir as a man who has never browbeaten anybody.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 04:07
    @divegeester said
    What makes you “sure her treatment of the him was justified” You admit to not even reading the posts. This comment by you is typical of the cliquey commentary infecting these forums recently.

I absolutely defend her right to say whatever she wanted to RJHinds and I defend my right to say whatever I want to whoever I want to say it to...without being brow beaten by the likes of Suzianne.
    I'm tempted to agree with you, but then I might be accused of 'cliquism' (which I know isn't a word) .
    I don't recall saying that anybody shouldn't be able to say anything to anybody, within the bounds of common decency, of course; you're making things up again, aren't you, which I know from experience is a part of your discussion/debating strategy, unless you genuinely don't realize you're doing it.
    And if I might proffer a word of advice, friend to friend, wear a mask when reading the forums, there's less chance that you might get infected.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 15:40
    @suzianne said
    Drop the "for effect" quotes and you'd be right.

But you missed my intention by a mile.

Unfortunately, I was responsible for a lot of it.

Okay, most of it.

I'm sure I'll have to answer someday for the way I treated him in this forum and I'm not looking forward to it.
    In this forum? I don't recall RJ going on racist diatribes here, he'd troll the science forum on creationism vs evolutionary theory, and I do remember problematic posts in debates, but not so much here or in Science. Bear in mind he stopped posting over 5 years ago so I might just have forgotten or not seen offending posts.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 16:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    We salute you sir as a man who has never browbeaten anybody.
    I’m not the person who is continually criticising other posters whilst doing the very same thing. Suzianne is.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 19:07
    @deepthought said
    In this forum? I don't recall RJ going on racist diatribes here, he'd troll the science forum on creationism vs evolutionary theory, and I do remember problematic posts in debates, but not so much here or in Science. Bear in mind he stopped posting over 5 years ago so I might just have forgotten or not seen offending posts.
    He was quite prolific in this forum, back in the days of Dasa. (A lot of youtube links).
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 19:45
    @indonesia-phil said
    I don't recall saying that anybody shouldn't be able to say anything to anybody, within the bounds of common decency, of course; you're making things up again, aren't you, which I know from experience is a part of your discussion/debating strategy, unless you genuinely don't realize you're doing it.
    I didn’t “make anything up”, I quoted you verbatim.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 21:02
    @divegeester said
    I didn’t “make anything up”, I quoted you verbatim.
    You quoted me and commented upon the quote, (which is fine) then you went off on one of your tangents which had nothing to do with anything I said, and by posting the two things together the clear implication is that I said things that I didn't say.
    For the record I completely agree with your second paragraph, but it wasn't what we were talking about. If you want my opinions about anything, just ask, then you are of course free to comment upon my opinions, but please don't try by implication or otherwise to put words into my mouth.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 01:001 edit
    @indonesia-phil said
    You quoted me and commented upon the quote, (which is fine) then you went off on one of your tangents which had nothing to do with anything I said, and by posting the two things together the clear implication is that I said things that I didn't say.
    For the record I completely agree with your second paragraph, but it wasn't what we were talking about. If you want my ...[text shortened]... mment upon my opinions, but please don't try by implication or otherwise to put words into my mouth.
    What words have I put in your mouth?
    What “tangent” did I go off on?

What are you talking about, sorry but I’m not following you here!
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 13:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    He was quite prolific in this forum, back in the days of Dasa. (A lot of youtube links).
    I remember his posting a lot, I never followed the YouTube links. So what you're saying is that what he wrote wasn't necessarily explicitly racist, at least as far as this forum is concerned and up to the kind of loaded language that a British person wouldn't easily spot, but the YouTube videos he would post links to were?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 13:44
    @deepthought said
    I remember his posting a lot, I never followed the YouTube links. So what you're saying is that what he wrote wasn't necessarily explicitly racist, at least as far as this forum is concerned and up to the kind of loaded language that a British person wouldn't easily spot, but the YouTube videos he would post links to were?
    It was a while ago but I don't associate him with racism. More spamming and fundamentalistic. (A new word).
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 20:53
    @divegeester said
    What words have I put in your mouth?
    What “tangent” did I go off on?

What are you talking about, sorry but I’m not following you here!
    Never mind, I think others here understand perfectly well what I'm saying but if you can't see it then I'm not going to try to explain it to you again, and it isn't worth falling out over.
    Have a nice Sunday.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '20 21:12
    @indonesia-phil said
    Never mind, I think others here understand perfectly well what I'm saying but if you can't see it then I'm not going to try to explain it to you again, and it isn't worth falling out over.
    Have a nice Sunday.
    We aren’t going to fall out because I don’t understand what you’re getting at. In fact we aren’t going to fall out at all, especially if you explain to me (perhaps privately) precisely what it is you are upset about.

Looking back the only thing I can see which would possibly grind your gears is my saying that your comment was typical of the cliquiness which goes on in here. If that’s the case then I apologise for the offence that Phil as you probably didn’t mean it that way, but... it was a reflection of what goes on in here with some posters. In my opinion.

I don’t know about putting words in your mouth or me going off on a tangent - can’t see that.

Fire me a telling off privately if you like.
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 20:38
    @divegeester said
    We aren’t going to fall out because I don’t understand what you’re getting at. In fact we aren’t going to fall out at all, especially if you explain to me (perhaps privately) precisely what it is you are upset about.

Looking back the only thing I can see which would possibly grind your gears is my saying that your comment was typical of the cliquiness which goes on in ...[text shortened]... outh or me going off on a tangent - can’t see that.

It's a difference of perception, there's no mountain here and we can step over the molehill, no hard feelings. I'll PM you later but here's a public pronouncement of a state of coolness which continues to exist between us. (And I mean that in a good way) .
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '20 21:33
    @indonesia-phil said
    It's a difference of perception, there's no mountain here and we can step over the molehill, no hard feelings. I'll PM you later but here's a public pronouncement of a state of coolness which continues to exist between us. (And I mean that in a good way) .
    That post definitely benefited from the parenthesis!

All cool here 😀
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Sep '20 05:35
    @divegeester said

Looking back the only thing I can see which would possibly grind your gears is my saying that your comment was typical of the cliquiness which goes on in ...[text shortened]... outh or me going off on a tangent - can’t see that.

Sure you won't publicly post it later, if you're "offended" by it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree