Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?

Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
25 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Agers is this in your book of the rings?

The Holy Soirit 😛
please...don't mock my faith in the sacred LoTR

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Apr 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe that the Holy Spirit answered the question on this thread,
"Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?" for me.
That answer is YES.
Then why is the name of Jehovah and Jesus both used in the NT? Probably your Bible may not have his name anywhere in the NT but anywhere the capitalized word "LORD" not "Lord" is there the name of Jehovah was removed by it's writers.......
Here is one of many examples!!!!!!

Acts 2:34 (New King James Version)
34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:

‘ The LORD said to my Lord,

“ Sit at My right hand,

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Your mockery boarders on offensive at times.
It doesn't bother me. I am not a real accurate typer. It is my fault
anyway. I guess I should have double checked my post before
posting. I get in a hurry at times and make a lot of mistakes,
especially when I am tired. I enjoy a little humor and don't mind
laughing at myself.

t

Moves
25 Apr 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Then why is the name of Jehovah and Jesus both used in the NT? Probably your Bible may not have his name anywhere in the NT but anywhere the capitalized word "LORD" not "Lord" is there the name of Jehovah was removed by it's writers.......

34 “For David did not ascend into the he ...[text shortened]... but he says himself:

“ Sit at My right hand,
It doesn't matter because the NT is a load of crap.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 11

,Originally posted by galveston75

34 “For David did not ascend into the h ...[text shortened]... but he says himself:

“ Sit at My right hand,
Are you saying this should be translated "JEHOVAH said to my Jehovah,
Sit at My right hand,"?

Moves
25 Apr 11

Sit at My right hand,"?
Good point.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Apr 11

Sit at My right hand,"?
Oh my....It's not that complicated but it must be.
Believe it or not whenever you see "LORD" in your bible that is where the name of Jehovah is supposed to be and was taken out. Whenever you see the word "Lord" in your bible that is where the name Jesus should be. You didn't know that did you?
So if I ask you in return would it make sense if it said "Jesus said to my Jesus" would that work? I think not.
So you see my friend there have been changes in most Bibles that were done on purpose to support the trinity and as you can see if the name of Jehovah had been allowed to stay in your Bible, it would really mess up that trinity thing wouldn't it? Hence the reason it was removed for trinity's benifit.
So...if you were to take your Bible and replace the name of Jehovah whenever you see "LORD" as it's supposed to be, believe it or not then the trinity thought would all of a sudden start to not make any sence and then the seperate Jehovah and Jesus truth would start to become clear as a bell. You really should give it a try sometime.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Apr 11

Oh my....It's not that complicated but it must be.
Believe it or not whenever you see "LORD" in your bible that is where the name of Jehovah is supposed to be and was taken out. Whenever you see the word "Lord" in your bible that is where the name Jesus should be. You didn't know that did you?
So if I ask you in return would it make sense if it said ...[text shortened]... th would start to become clear as a bell. You really should give it a try sometime.
I am not one to go around changing words in the Holy Bible.
I don't think they capitalized one Lord and not the other Lord to
indicate different names. I think the names were the same,
so they capitalized One and not the other to indicate that there
was two different persons in the conversation. We know that
"Hallelujah" means "Praise the Lord" or "Praise God". So
Lord and God is interchangeable meaning the same thing. And
you are almost right, but the capitalization was to indicate that
God the Father was talking to God the Son.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
25 Apr 11

34 “For David did not ascend into the he ...[text shortened]... but he says himself:

“ Sit at My right hand,
Actually the word Jehovah was not removed. To state this borders on a lie, if not an actual lie. What was substituted was a four letter English word that represents the tetragrammaton (YHWH) found in the ancient texts. The actual pronunciation and spelling is unknown, so to claim that the name Jehovah has been removed is untrue...but you already knew this. Perhaps this makes you a liar, perhaps not...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Apr 11
1 edit

I am not one to go around changing words in the Holy Bible.
I don't think they capitalized one Lord and not the other Lord to
indicate different names. I think the names were the same,
so they capitalized One and not the other to indicate that there
was two different persons in the conversation. We know that
"Hallelujah" means "Praise the Lord" or "Pr , but the capitalization was to indicate that
God the Father was talking to God the Son.
I didn't say you did and your wrong. The name Jehovah was taken out over 7000 times in the Bible including the 237 times it was taken out of the NT.

From Wikipedia:

In Judaism, the Tetragrammaton is conventionally substituted by Adonai ("my Lord" ) when reading the text of the Bible. Based on this practice, the traditional translation of the Tetragrammaton in Christian Bibles is "the Lord". When transcribing the Tetragrammaton, the vocalization Jehovah has been popular in particular in Protestantism from the time of the Reformation.

Roman Catholic churchTraditionally in both Latin and vernacular worship "Lord" was used, following the Greek New Testament and and Septuagint. Although the rendering of the Tetragrammaton as "Yahweh" is found in the Old Testament of versions such as the Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible, and New Jerusalem Bible (1985), the liturgical use of Yahweh in English-speaking worship was suspended by the Vatican in 2008.[159] The Vatican Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments direction that the word "Lord" be used instead of Yahweh in English-language worship, was based on the understanding that Jews at the time of Christ and also early Christians substituted other words rather than pronounce the name.

ProtestantismBible scholar and author Charles Ryrie, author of the Ryrie Study Bible,[161] says the name “Yahweh” appears 6,823 times in the Old Testament, and also many times in the New Testament when it directly quotes or paraphrases passages from the Old Testament containing God’s name. He writes that the name "Yahweh" is particularly associated with God's holiness,[Lev 11:44,45] his hatred of sin [Gen 6:3-7] and his provision of redemption.[Isa 53:1,5,6,10] It may be that the contemporary translations of the Bible do not use "Yahweh" out of respect for the traditional Jewish reverence for this name.[162]

The King James Bible, the New American Standard Bible, and the New International Version substitute the titles “LORD” and “GOD” with all the letters capitalized where the Name “Yahweh” actually belongs. The name "Yahweh" does not appear in the text of most popular English Bible translations on the market today. Jewish Bible scholars introduced this tradition in the mid-2nd century B.C., and it has continued since that time. In 1611, the inaugural edition of the King James Bible editors did not include the name ”Yahweh,” not being aware of the rendering, though Jehovah does appear several times.

There are some contemporary instances where the spelling Yahweh has come into religious use. The Sacred Name Movement is a small Christian movement, active since the 1930s, which propagates the use of the name Yahweh in Bible translations and in liturgy. "Sacred Name Bibles" are Bibles which render the Tetragrammaton by transliteration (or iconographically by inserting Hebrew script in the translation). An early such Bible was Rotherham's Emphasized Bible of 1902.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/na/article_06.htm

http://removinggodsname.xanga.com/329800252/item/

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Apr 11

Originally posted by Doward
Actually the word Jehovah was not removed. To state this borders on a lie, if not an actual lie. What was substituted was a four letter English word that represents the tetragrammaton (YHWH) found in the ancient texts. The actual pronunciation and spelling is unknown, so to claim that the name Jehovah has been removed is untrue...but you already knew this. Perhaps this makes you a liar, perhaps not...
Read my last post......

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 11

I didn't say you did and your wrong. The name Jehovah was taken out over 7000 times in the Bible including the 237 times it was taken out of the NT.

From Wikipedia:

In Judaism, the Tetragrammaton is conventionally substituted by Adonai ("my Lord" ) when reading the text of the Bible. Based on this practice, the traditional translation of the Tetra ...[text shortened]... rg/e/na/article_06.htm

Where do they say anthing about this capitalize LORD?
All I see is Lord.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 11

Where do they say anthing about this capitalize LORD?
All I see is Lord.
Oh, I see it now.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Apr 11

From Wikipedia:

In Judaism, the Tetragrammaton is conventionally substituted by Adonai ("my Lord" ) when reading the text of the Bible. Based on this practice, the traditional translation of the Tetra ...[text shortened]... rg/e/na/article_06.htm

I am still having a hard time getting what you are trying to say.
Where then does it explain the difference between the LORD and
David's Lord?

D

St. Peter's

Moves
26 Apr 11

Read my last post......
I read it, the word Jehovah does not appear anywhere in the ancient text, only the tetragrammaton YHWH. Your cut and paste means nothing because it lies about what is replaced