Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?

Is Jesus of New T LORD/Jehovah of the Old T?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Apr 11

I say that Jesus is the one and only invisible God made visible, made lower than the angels. He is the one who sits on Heavens throne.

Isaiah 45:21b-23
The LORD/Jehovah speaks: There is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Saviour; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.

And yet...

Philippians 2:10
...at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth

Colossians 1:19
For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell..(some translations state 'fullness of the Godhead'😉

John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am, you shall die in your sins.

John 8:58-59a
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him (If Jesus was just saying I am as in I exist - then why were they about to stone him?)

And of course...

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Apr 11

And there's JC coming down divegeesters avatars wave!!
Whoooo-hooo!!!

If thats not Jesus, I dont know who is 🙂

(dont change your avatar for at least a few days please, I love it)

Moves
17 Apr 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
And there's JC coming down divegeesters avatars wave!!
Whoooo-hooo!!!

If thats not Jesus, I dont know who is 🙂

(dont change your avatar for at least a few days please, I love it)

w

Moves
17 Apr 11

Originally posted by divegeester
I say that Jesus is the one and only invisible God made visible, made lower than the angels. He is the one who sits on Heavens throne.

The LORD/Jehovah speaks: [b]There is no God apart from me
, a righteous God and a Saviour; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is n ...[text shortened]... led Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.[/b]
Agreed.

As for where Robbie is, perhaps he is too busy to respond currently.

Curses, we will just have to wait!! 😠

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
17 Apr 11

, a righteous God and a Saviour; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is n ...[text shortened]... led Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.[/b]
That's what Marcion thought. That the OT god was an evil god who created the world, and the NT god came to rescue the world from his clutches. It didn't catch on, and Marcion was declared a heretic.

Moves
17 Apr 11

Originally posted by whodey
Agreed.

As for where Robbie is, perhaps he is too busy to respond currently.

Curses, we will just have to wait!! 😠
I'm interested in all members thoughts.

As for RC, I believe he is at his local Kingdom Hall celebrating with the other JWs the exact night Jesus died over 2 thousand years ago - or so they believe and apparently have evidence for. Don't ask...

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
17 Apr 11

I love Jesus.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
17 Apr 11

And of course the New Testament was written by Christians to set out their beliefs so it is not too surprising if it should contain confirmation of the fulfilment of the prophecies in their very account. Now is that not blindingly obvious?

Moves
17 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by finnegan
And of course the New Testament was written by Christians to set out their beliefs so it is not too surprising if it should contain confirmation of the fulfilment of the prophecies in their very account. Now is that not blindingly obvious?
But are you familiar with what many orthodox Christians or the many other Christian sects believe about the Godhead?

Moves
17 Apr 11

Originally posted by rwingett
That's what Marcion thought. That the OT god was an evil god who created the world, and the NT god came to rescue the world from his clutches. It didn't catch on, and Marcion was declared a heretic.
That's not what I think nor what the OP says.

Marcion believed in two different gods, as I understand it.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
17 Apr 11

That's not what I think nor what the OP says.

Marcion believed in two different gods, as I understand it.
I didn't read your post very closely (I seldom do), but a cursory glance seemed to indicate that's what you were saying. Or something similar to that. But you are correct, Marcion believed the OT god was a different go from the NT one. It is not difficult to see why he came to that conclusion.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Apr 11

Originally posted by Seitse
I love Jesus.
(Ok, you and me-lets get back to neutral, eh? in the spirit of Jesus' immortal words "love thy enemy". Ok? )

So you love Jesus, or the idea of Jesus? And if the former, then how do you know who he is? I'd love to know what chirsitans mean when they say they "love Jesus"

Josephw? Jaywill, etc.? What do you love- the idea or the actual person?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Apr 11

If you understood the context and meanings of these scriptures and did a little research on word meanings in the original languages it was written in you wouldn't be using them to try and prove your thought. They really don't help.
You pick out a few that you maybe, slightly on a bad day think this is what their saying but you refuse to see the rest of the Bible's scriptures that "clearly" say just the opposite.
This posting to me just looks like someone trying to stir the pot instead of even slightly wanting to learn something. Just my thought!
Oh..by the way, I'm about to head out to the Kingdom Hall to obey what Jesus told his follwers to do on this night. It's where you should be too if you are indeed a Christian.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
18 Apr 11

Originally posted by galveston75
If you understood the context and meanings of these scriptures and did a little research on word meanings in the original languages it was written in you wouldn't be using them to try and prove your thought. They really don't help.
You pick out a few that you maybe, slightly on a bad day think this is what their saying but you refuse to see the rest of ...[text shortened]... follwers to do on this night. It's where you should be too if you are indeed a Christian.
You have to knowledge probability. If one scripture indicates that Jesus might be God ok you can dismiss it. Multiple scriptures however?

Ahhhh Never mind

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Apr 11

Originally posted by menace71
You have to knowledge probability. If one scripture indicates that Jesus might be God ok you can dismiss it. Multiple scriptures however?

Ahhhh Never mind

Manny
LOl. Don't give up Manny. Go over to the Holy Spirit forum for a few more thoughts on this.