Is it My Imagination

Is it My Imagination

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jan 18

Originally posted by @eladar
It is about Christian beliefs. One pagan belief has evidently been associated with being Christian. Then one who likes to pretend she is a christian went off on it as if it is Christian.

Perhaps your observation is based on beliefs espoused as some to be Christian but really are not.
So you think Catholics are pagans.

As I said, stop trying to prove Christians are idiots.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jan 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
😞
I know, right?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jan 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
I know, right?
I particularly like how he proceeded to create an entirely new thread on the topic, to deflect from the fact he had entirely misunderstood the Immaculate conception.

E

Moves
18 Jan 18

I particularly like how he proceeded to create an entirely new thread on the topic, to deflect from the fact he had entirely misunderstood the Immaculate conception.
Did I? Or did I simply make a comment about the only true immaculate conception? I was making a comment on what is actually Christian.

Of course not everyone got it evidently. But perhaps you believe this Mary worship is Christian which would not be surprising.

E

Moves
18 Jan 18

So you think Catholics are pagans.

As I said, stop trying to prove Christians are idiots.
Not all Catholics. I am sure there are some Christians in Catholic churches. Many churches have both christians and nonchristians in attendance.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Jan 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
.. or do atheists know the Bible better than professed Christians.

Too often you would ask a Christian who makes a statement of doctrine, for Biblical support and references for statements made, and none are produced. The only conclusion one can make about that is that he does not know. On the contrary atheists have often told Christians what statement ...[text shortened]... the bible.

Or maybe atheists are more honest and forthright about the contents of the Bible.

The goal of the faith is not to know the Bible for the sake of knowing the Bible. It is to know the living Christ.

One may know the letter of the Bible so as to be able to memorize and recite it. But God wants us to know Him - the living God. He is the living Spirit behind the pages.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jan 18
2 edits

Not all Catholics. I am sure there are some Christians in Catholic churches. Many churches have both christians and nonchristians in attendance.
And how can one so full of such bigotry claim to love God?

You call yourself 'godly', yet you mock God.

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.' But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." -- Luke 18:9-14, NIV

E

Moves
18 Jan 18

And how can one so full of such bigotry claim to love God?

You call yourself 'godly', yet you mock God.

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: 'Go ...[text shortened]... emselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." -- Luke 18:9-14, NIV
You need to ask that of God. Wasn't God a bigot by declaring homosexuality an abomination punishable by death?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jan 18

Did I? Or did I simply make a comment about the only true immaculate conception? I was making a comment on what is actually Christian.

Of course not everyone got it evidently. But perhaps you believe this Mary worship is Christian which would not be surprising.
That simply isn't true. Your statement, 'So you are saying most Christians do not know that Jesus was born to the virgin Mary?' was clearly based on a misunderstanding of what the immaculate conception referred to. (Which of course only validates the OP).

E

Moves
18 Jan 18

That simply isn't true. Your statement, 'So you are saying most Christians do not know that Jesus was born to the virgin Mary?' was clearly based on a misunderstanding of what the immaculate conception referred to. (Which of course only validates the OP).
Sarcasm?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jan 18

Sarcasm?
Lack of knowledge?

😕

E

Moves
18 Jan 18

Lack of knowledge?

😕
Believe what you will.

My point remains.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Jan 18

Believe what you will.

My point remains.
That you didn't know Immaculate conception referred to Mary not Jesus?

E

Moves
18 Jan 18

That you didn't know Immaculate conception referred to Mary not Jesus?
I guess you will never know. All you can do is assume, unless you accept what I already wrote.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonship

The goal of the faith is not to know the Bible for the sake of knowing the Bible. It is to know the living Christ.

One may know the letter of the Bible so as to be able to memorize and recite it. But God wants us to know Him - the living God. He is the living Spirit behind the pages.
Judging from your past doctrines you do not know how does one get to know the living Christ. You promote mouth worship and lip service rather than following Christ commandments, which according to the Bible is the only way to know Christ. There is no other way.