Is God punishing the USA?

Is God punishing the USA?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U
All Bark, No Bite

Playing percussion

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
. Sounds like he's really screwing the pooch on being "the Good Shepard" . OR - It sounds like you're wrong in thinking that you know the mind of god .
I eould have thought it would be the sheep he'd be screwing, being a shepard and all. Their's precedent for that you know.

And on a more serious note, does the whole shepard thing bother anyone else? One of the biggest metaphors of their god is to lead sheep, which are notoriously stupid and docile.

JF
Troubador

Land of Fist

Moves
24 Sep 05

BF101, dj2becker, and the like:

CAN YOU NOT SEE THE OBVIOUS DIFFERENCE IN WHICH HALITOSE PRESENTS HIS CHRISTIAN BELIEFS AND THE WAY YOU PRESENT YOURS???? DO YOU NOT SEE HOW MUCH MORE HE IS UNIVERSALLY RESPECTED BY THE SO CALLED "ANTI-CHRISTIANS"?

You should really heed how he presents himself and take a lesson.

b

Moves
24 Sep 05

Originally posted by Moldy Crow
So if god is punishing these unbevievers in New Orleans with hurricanes and floods , and africans with famine , etc ; you're saying that ALL of those who died were unbelievers ? Ethiopia for example , has sizable population of born again xtians . I know this for certain as I had upstairs neighbors who were evangelical xtians always trying to get me saved ...[text shortened]... e Good Shepard" . OR - It sounds like you're wrong in thinking that you know the mind of god .
Many believers have died in hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, famine, and etc. etc. Of this there is no doubt. There is somewhat a differrence. When a believer dies, the next thing they know is that they have entered into The Kingdom Of Heaven. They have begun to recieve their eternal reward. When a unbeliever dies, they next thing they know is they have been judged for their sins. Then they have begun to recieve their everlasting punishment.
GOD does care for HIS, flock of believers. Most of the Believers know this without a shadow of doubt. Those of us that have made up our minds to put put all of our faith and trust in GOD, thru. JESUS CHRIST, our Savior. We are not worried about the weather, disease, plagues, famine, or etc. etc. We have complete trust that GOD'S Promises stand true.
Those of you that believe that all there is is this Life and that's it. What if you are wrong? Those of you that believe that GOD is such a loving GOD, HE will change HIS mind at the last moment. He will change HIS mind and decide not to punish mankind.What if you are wrong? All of you that believe that THE BIBLE, JESUS CHRIST, or GOD, is worse than a lot of Bunk. What if you are wrong? Are you prepared to spend eternity in a place worse than Hell. Those unbelievers that have died in the hurricanes, flood, famine, plagues, disease, and etc. etc. have begun to recieve their punishment. We all still have a chance to get it right. We all still have the chance to accept the Salvation that JESUS CHRIST offers. We all still have the chance to repent and turn from our sins. We all still have the chance, to get right with GOD.
No, I am not claiming to know the mind of GOD. I will though claim that I do believe the little bit of HIS WORD, that I know and understand. I will claim to know a little bit about THE WORD OF GOD. I will claim that in my Life, THE WORD OF GOD stand true.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
24 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by blindfaith101
Many believers have died in hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, famine, and etc. etc. Of this there is no doubt. There is somewhat a differrence. When a believer dies, the next thing they know is that they have entered into The Kingdom Of Heaven. They have begun to recieve their eternal reward. When a unbeliever dies, they next thing they know is they ha ...[text shortened]... ow a little bit about THE WORD OF GOD. I will claim that in my Life, THE WORD OF GOD stand true.
Heb 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Psalm 139:7-10 "Wither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art their: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art their. If I take the wings of the mourning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."

Psalm 107:1 "O Give thanks onto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth fo ever."

What if you are wrong? You claim now to not really know God or the word of God like you did before, but just a little bit of it. You can't know just a little bit of something and then speak authoritively about it. You are not qualified. You now claim not to know Gods thoughts yet you speak with authority about what God will do. That's arrogant. Do you think God likes arrogance? By the way, how did you make the leap from eternity in hell to eternity in a place worse than hell? More blind faith?

b

Moves
25 Sep 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Heb 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Psalm 139:7-10 "Wither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art their: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art ...[text shortened]... ou make the leap from eternity in hell to eternity in a place worse than hell? More blind faith?
I am not wrong. Nor is GOD a liar. I claim to know the WORD OF GOD, that has been given me. Which is the BIBLE. I also believe that this earth is only a small part of the Creations of GOD.
The only thoughts of GOD, that we can ever know, are the thoughts that HE has allowed to be known in THE WORD OF GOD. What GOD has allowed to be known, or Understood, comes completely through HIS WORD. All of those that believe THE WORD OF GOD, are qualified to repeat what THE WORD OF GOD, says.
CHRIST clearly speaks of Hell, through out HIS earthly ministry. He also speaks of the second death in REVELATIONS Chapter 2. THE WORD OF GOD, clearly speaks that death and hell, will be cast into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, spoken of in REVELATIONS Chapters 20 and 21.
I again claim to know only GOD'S mind, by what HE has clearly spoken in HIS WORD, THE WORD OF GOD.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
25 Sep 05

Originally posted by Halitose
When it comes to instantly ascribing the hurricanes as an act of God's judgement, I believe so, yes.
embarrassing isn't it?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
25 Sep 05
1 edit

I am not wrong. Nor is GOD a liar. I claim to know the WORD OF GOD, that has been given me. Which is the BIBLE. I also believe that this earth is only a small part of the Creations of GOD.
The only thoughts of GOD, that we can ever know, are the thoughts that HE has allowed to be known in THE WORD OF GOD. What GOD has allowed to be known, or Understoo ...[text shortened]... ain claim to know only GOD'S mind, by what HE has clearly spoken in HIS WORD, THE WORD OF GOD.
If you're now reversing yourself yet again and claiming to know God and the Bible after all, explain the passages that I've quoted. They don't seem to fit in with your rhetoric.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 05

In GENESIS 8:20-22 and 9:8-17, GOD, has promised that HE would not ever again destroy all life by a flood of water. As HE has kept all of HIS promises, HE will keep that one as well. HE has promised as well to punish all of mankind for refusing to repent from our sins.
Punish all mankind. Wow, even the ones in Papau New Guinea
who lived their whole lives never having heard of JC and the boys
will be utterly damned too, since it will include ALL of mankind.
Poor guys don't even know they are doomed.

Been there...

... done that

Moves
25 Sep 05

I am not wrong. Nor is GOD a liar...
Is this just a come-on? The whole literal fundamentalist "position"....?

Please tell me it is. I quake at the thought that you might be driving the car behind me and be distracted from the traffic by a summons from THE LORD to enter HIS heavenly kingdom... and take me with you, inadvertently.

If GOD so loved the USA he would have sent his only son JESUS CHRIST down for a walkabout, thereabouts, nowabouts. I haven't seen the guy? Have you?

i

Moves
25 Sep 05

i

Moves
25 Sep 05

"Is God punishing the USA"... we have had hurricanes since the damn oceans were created, these ones just hit key areas. Also, we are in the peak part of our hurricane bi-decade, that started with hurricane andrew. If you look back in history, instead of blaming everything on "God", you might see some paterns.

Been there...

... done that

Moves
25 Sep 05
1 edit

Originally posted by iamroot
"Is God punishing the USA"... we have had hurricanes since the damn oceans were created, these ones just hit key areas. Also, we are in the peak part of our hurricane bi-decade, that started with hurricane andrew. If you look back in history, instead of blaming everything on "God", you might see some paterns.
I love the irony of 3rd party accusations. Even better are 3rd party denials....

Who me? Who us? You mean now? History proves.... blah, blah, blah....

What we choose to remember and record is decided by the same goofballs who randomly inherited the earth ~ but long after they actually did that. They have a way of painting what led to their supremacy in the image of their wonderful contribution. Avoiding difficult details is part of the babblefish-speak.

In the event that you even vaguely resemble this remark, please flush twice as you leave. It's a long way!

b

Moves
25 Sep 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
If you're now reversing yourself yet again and claiming to know God and the Bible after all, explain the passages that I've quoted. They don't seem to fit in with your rhetoric.
Those scriptures fit just fine. Do you believe those Scriptures that you just Quoted? They are quite plain. Then again if you do not believe them ,how can you truly understand them.
GOD will never leave or forsake a believer. HE has made that promise.
Everywhere a believer goes GOD is there. Regardless of where that may be GOD will always be where a believer is.
Yes GOD'S mercy toward a believer lasts forever and ever.
Infact GOD'S mercy toward unbelievers, is as long as they are permitted to leave in this life. Once this life is over GOD'S mercy towards them is over. Then they are separrated from the love and mercy of GOD forever. They are separrated from life. They are separrated from all those that they once cared about. All those things that they once enjoyed. They are separrated from life and GOD, forever.
Forever and eternity is going to a long time. Forever watching others play chess, and you can't play. Forever having a chess board but no chess pieces.
CHRIST gave a parable on what being in hell would be like. LUKE 16:20-31. Most believe that CHRIST was a righteous man, a good man. A man that spoke truth. A man that did not sin. A man that did not lie. Since CHRIST spoke those words in LUKE 16. Would that mean that HE spoke the truth. Who would really want to be in a place like that. Yet it seems like there are those of you that welcome the chance to go there, by choice.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
25 Sep 05

Those scriptures fit just fine. Do you believe those Scriptures that you just Quoted? They are quite plain. Then again if you do not believe them ,how can you truly understand them.
GOD will never leave or forsake a believer. HE has made that promise.
Everywhere a believer goes GOD is there. Regardless of where that may be GOD will always be where a ...[text shortened]... e that. Yet it seems like there are those of you that welcome the chance to go there, by choice.
You're doing what the church has done. You're editing the Bible. The passages don't read "his mercy endureth forever for believers only" or "I will never forsake believers only". What sense does it make for Psalm 139:7-10 to say that God is with us in Hell if it was only refering to believers? Believers don't go to Hell right?

I've got a parable for you. Mathew 18:23-35. Pay particular attention to verse 34. Jesus says clearly that Hell is just until those who are evil have paid there debt. Then they are released again. This parable, without any editing, says that God's mercy extends to those who are in Hell.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
25 Sep 05

Originally posted by sonhouse
Punish all mankind. Wow, even the ones in Papau New Guinea
who lived their whole lives never having heard of JC and the boys
will be utterly damned too, since it will include ALL of mankind.
Poor guys don't even know they are doomed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papua_New_Guinea
Religions
Statistics on religious adherance are inconsistant. The 2000 census showed 96 percent of citizens were members of a Christian church, and many citizens combine their Christian faith with some pre-Christian traditional indigenous practices. Other data showed proportions adhering to the various Christian denominations and other religions as:

Roman Catholic 22%
Lutheran 16%
Presbyterian/Methodist/London Missionary Society 8%
Anglican 5%
Evangelical Alliance 4%
Seventh-day Adventist 1%
other Protestant 10%
indigenous beliefs 34%