Is Christianity the only way to prove GOD?

Is Christianity the only way to prove GOD?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 Jun 07

Originally posted by ahosyney
I have seen many atheist here think that because christianity doen't make sense then GOD doesn't exist. Why don't they think of other ways? Why atheists see GOD only through christianity? Why don't try to see him through other religions?

Christianity is not the only way to GOD. Actually I think it is not the way to GOD at all.
I've looked at God from many sides now...
Through Christianity, Judism, Islam, soft drugs, hard drugs and liters of booze.

Still seems like a suped-up Santa Claus story to me.

JE

Moves
23 Jun 07

Originally posted by ahosyney
Why it is so important to disprove Christianity?

I think what is important is not Christianity, what is important is GOD. When think about GOD do you think about him to disprove Christianity or to know you destiny. If there is GOD, and you choosed not to believe in him because of christianity then you made the wrong choice.
A lot Christians believe that their religion is specail as they believe they have evidence for it. Some chritians would say other religions are purely faith, with absolutly no evidence behind them. Christians believe God came down and told people he was God. However, a number of other religions, such as Hinduism, also have God (or a God) coming down in human form. So while the Christian logic doesn't necessarily hold up, thats what you need to disprove before you can treat all religions the same, equally invalid, and start arguing against the fundamental existance of a God at all.

p

Isle of Skye

Moves
23 Jun 07

Atheism is a religion

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 07

Originally posted by princeoforange
Atheism is a religion
Only an ignorant fool would make such a ridiculous statement.

p

Isle of Skye

Moves
23 Jun 07

Originally posted by rwingett
Only an ignorant fool would make such a ridiculous statement.
Well, disprove it. What is your criteria for a religion? Requirement of faith? In that case atheism comes out top. In any case, perhaps it would be more accurate to say atheism is a family of religions, just like theism. Buddhism is probably the most popular atheistic religion.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 07

Well, disprove it. What is your criteria for a religion? Requirement of faith? In that case atheism comes out top. In any case, perhaps it would be more accurate to say atheism is a family of religions, just like theism. Buddhism is probably the most popular atheistic religion.
There is no 'faith' involved with atheism. It is a complete lack of faith. It does not qualify as religion or 'family of religions' in any sense of the word.

p

Isle of Skye

Moves
23 Jun 07
1 edit

There is no 'faith' involved with atheism. It is a complete lack of faith. It does not qualify as religion or 'family of religions' in any sense of the word.
Perhaps you mean it is a complete lack of thought. How do atheists explain the world if they have no faith?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 07

Perhaps you mean it is a complete lack of thought. How do atheists explain the world if they have no faith?
There are a number of naturalistic theories that attempt to explain the world that do not rely on 'faith'. The Big Bang, perhaps, being the most plausible.

p

Isle of Skye

Moves
23 Jun 07

There are a number of naturalistic theories that attempt to explain the world that do not rely on 'faith'. The Big Bang, perhaps, being the most plausible.
So how do you prove the big bang theory without having any faith whatsoever?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 07

So how do you prove the big bang theory without having any faith whatsoever?
I don't accept that it has been 'proven'. I think it is a likely theory that falls short of being proven. But I see no other theories that are any more likely. If you can come up with any other theories, and demonstrate their likelihood, then I'll consider them.

p

Isle of Skye

Moves
23 Jun 07

I don't accept that it has been 'proven'. I think it is a likely theory that falls short of being proven. But I see no other theories that are any more likely. If you can come up with any other theories, and demonstrate their likelihood, then I'll consider them.
So the theory has not been proven but yet you believe it. That means you have faith in it.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 07

So the theory has not been proven but yet you believe it. That means you have faith in it.
Why don't you actually quote what I say instead of putting words into my mouth? I never said I "believe" it. I said it is a likely theory. Even a christian should be able to understand that distinction.

p

Isle of Skye

Moves
23 Jun 07

Why don't you actually quote what I say instead of putting words into my mouth? I never said I "believe" it. I said it is a likely theory. Even a christian should be able to understand that distinction.
OK, my apologies. So you do not believe it? What do you believe?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 07

OK, my apologies. So you do not believe it? What do you believe?
I don't know what 'caused the world', or if it even has a cause at all. The Big Bang is a likely theory, but it may be wrong. So I do not have any 'belief' about the origin of the world.

JE

Moves
23 Jun 07
3 edits

How does saying 'God did it' involve thought? Thats a complete cop out. Atheists can say, 'I don't know' and keep looking. Current evidence points to a big band forming the universe. Before that we don't know. So people try to find out. Even if you say that god did it, that tells you nothing about the nature of God. You can't even tell if 'he' is aware. How do you know that the the fundamental pre big bang 'god' isn't just energy? Without evidence nothing can be assumed about what caused the big bang. Attributing it to an awareness like god is less believeable then saying the singularity from which the big bang occured was constant. Remember that before the big bang there was no time, so even consiving of it is impossible from a human perspective which exists in time.

As for atheism being a religion. Do you believe in astrology? If you don't, what do you call yourself? Is there a word for someone who does not believe the stars govern our fate? Athism is not a religion. It is a lack of religion and faith, and is certainly not a negative belief. Its like more like a ground state.