Is Christianity the only way to prove GOD?

Is Christianity the only way to prove GOD?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
22 Jun 07

I have seen many atheist here think that because christianity doen't make sense then GOD doesn't exist. Why don't they think of other ways? Why atheists see GOD only through christianity? Why don't try to see him through other religions?

Christianity is not the only way to GOD. Actually I think it is not the way to GOD at all.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by ahosyney
Why don't they think of other ways?
Like what, Islam?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
22 Jun 07
2 edits

I have seen many atheist here think that because christianity doen't make sense then GOD doesn't exist. Why don't they think of other ways? Why atheists see GOD only through christianity? Why don't try to see him through other religions?

Christianity is not the only way to GOD. Actually I think it is not the way to GOD at all.
The reason that atheists spend so much time arguing against Christianity is because Christians, especially the evangelicals, tend to shout the loudest.

The real problem, at least for me, is that I think it is not very likely that any god or gods exist. Therefore, searching for them/him/her/it through other religions seems like a waste of time.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jun 07

Is that what you think? Do you think because you think it, you must be right?
So, just how do you think man can get to God?

a

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Like what, Islam?
May be, and may be something else.

I just wonder why they give up just after Christianity...

a

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by josephw
Is that what you think? Do you think because you think it, you must be right?
So, just how do you think man can get to God?
Look,

I will make it more clear,

Many athiests here give up GOD. When you ask why, they talk about Christianity?

That is my point. If Christianity is wrong does this mean GOD doesn't exist?

That is my point in general.

But for my opinion about Christianity I pointed it out several times here in this forum. If you like we can discuss it again.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
22 Jun 07

Look,

I will make it more clear,

Many athiests here give up GOD. When you ask why, they talk about Christianity?

That is my point. If Christianity is wrong does this mean GOD doesn't exist?

That is my point in general.

But for my opinion about Christianity I pointed it out several times here in this forum. If you like we can discuss it again.
The answer is no: God can exist if Christianity if false.

However, atheists may be interested in rationally appraising, and critically refuting, the claims made by *others* in this form to the effect that God exists and Jesus is his son.

This is a discussion forum, after all.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Like what, Islam?
Islam, like all other religions, has a well developed system of "works" that must be done in order to "go to heaven", and even then there is no guarantee.
There is only one requirement for access to God in christianity, and that is to believe that God himself has done the work for us at the cross. (But you know this.)
Believing is the only thing we can do without doing anything.

E

Moves
22 Jun 07

because most theists on this site are christians. that would be silly to disprove any other religion to a christian audience.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 Jun 07
1 edit

Do you think that believing is something that one can choose to do?

That is, for some proposition P, is it consistent with your notion of belief that a person can believe P at will?

a

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
because most theists on this site are christians. that would be silly to disprove any other religion to a christian audience.
Why it is so important to disprove Christianity?

I think what is important is not Christianity, what is important is GOD. When think about GOD do you think about him to disprove Christianity or to know you destiny. If there is GOD, and you choosed not to believe in him because of christianity then you made the wrong choice.

a

Moves
22 Jun 07

Islam, like all other religions, has a well developed system of "works" that must be done in order to "go to heaven", and even then there is no guarantee.
There is only one requirement for access to God in christianity, and that is to believe that God himself has done the work for us at the cross. (But you know this.)
That is exactly what make me sure that it is not true. It simply it makes the creation of human don't make any sense.

The free passport to heaven. Do what ever you want? You are save?

Why do you think GOD created you for? To do all the work for you? Does this make sense to you?

P

Moves
22 Jun 07

As has been posted earlier, there is a Christian slant to our arguments because the vast majority of theists on this forum are Christians.

I have stated many times here that one of my reasons for not believing in any particular religion is because there are so many to choose from, all claiming absolute truth, all with similar levels of 'evidence'.

--- Penguin.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 07

The reason Christians say the only way to God is through Jesus Christ, is because these are Jesus's words. Are you saying He lied?

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
23 Jun 07

Why it is so important to disprove Christianity?

I think what is important is not Christianity, what is important is GOD. When think about GOD do you think about him to disprove Christianity or to know you destiny. If there is GOD, and you choosed not to believe in him because of christianity then you made the wrong choice.
I do not believe in the christian god. And if it makes you feel any better, I don't believe in your god either.