1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 12:431 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

You are of course erroneously assuming Moses was the author of Exodus.

Josephus was closer to the history then your Johnny-come-lately skeptics of the 19th century.
    He believed Moses wrote the Pentateuch I'm pretty sure.

Jewish and Christian tradition viewed Moses as the author of Exodus and the entire Torah, but by the end of the 19th century the increasing awareness of discrepancies, inconsistencies, repetitions and other features of the Pentateuch had led scholars to abandon this idea.

It is not surprise the skepticism over the Bible increases. It doesn't necessarily mean more accurate analysis.

[17] In approximate round dates, the process which produced Exodus and the Pentateuch probably began around 600 BCE when existing oral and written traditions were brought together to form books recognisable as those we know, reaching their final form as unchangeable sacred texts around 400 BCE.

A lot of reading and a lot of digestion I need to go through to chat about this.
    No hurry.

I don't know what is going on with the blue lettered "CLICK ME" words. Some stupid marketing trap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree