In response to

In response to "an atheist's pointless existence"...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
He doesn't know. He is a brain dead atheist. Just kidding.
you're still welcome to answer my question. though as a christian pretender, i doubt you have it in you.

Planet Rain

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The valuation was based upon their labor equivalent. Of course, in today's politically correct climate of social engineering, we are very adamant that women receive the same amount of money in exchange for their labor as a man. The rallying cry has been 'equal pay for equal work,' and has been applied across all industries, regardless of the reality that (in most fields of labor) women are decidedly not equal in ability.
Ninety percent of the time the cry for "equal pay for equal work" is heard in lines of work that have nothing to do with physical strength, you knuckle-dragging idiot. It is a very real problem, and you're about as ignorant as they come for not recognizing it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you're still welcome to answer my question. though as a christian pretender, i doubt you have it in you.
I got busy with my chess games and forgot you had asked a question.
Okay, it was, "how does the existence and reproduction of life prove the
existence of a creator?

It is unthinkable to me that anyone would believe life could come from
non-life or inorganic substances. But some idiots have put all the
chemicals that made up a simple live organism together and passed
electricity through it in the hope that it would result in life. Since man is
not intelligent enough to do it, I would think anyone with any common
sense would know that life can not come about on its own. Life comes
from other life, as we see all the time with the reproduction process in
plants and animals. But where did the first life come from? Evolutionists
say it just happened by chance. I do not have enough faith to believe
that. By experience I believe life had to come from life. The best
explanation I have heard is from the Holy Bible that says an intelligent
God designed and formed the plants and animals so that He could impart
some of his spirit life to them so they became living things. The Holy Bible
also says that he made various kinds of plants and animals and provided
a programmed mechanism (seed) for reproduction of the plants and
animals after their kind only and not some other kind. The evidence shows
this process of reproduction of life after its kind has been going on for as
long as we can tell for sure. But we know also that there had to be a
beginning and the Holy Bible explains it best, in my opinion. So this is
why I think the existence of life is one proof that God exists.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
13 Aug 11

I got busy with my chess games and forgot you had asked a question.
Okay, it was, "how does the existence and reproduction of life prove the
existence of a creator?

It is unthinkable to me that anyone would believe life could come from
non-life or inorganic substances. But some idiots have put all the
chemicals that made up a simple live organism tog ...[text shortened]... st, in my opinion. So this is
why I think the existence of life is one proof that God exists.
interesting, but you're missing something here. you're saying that life has to come from life. but obviously, this isn't the case because you also believe that your god came to life from non-life, unless you also believe that the existence of god must imply the existence of a super-god that created him, but this leads into a train of thought that must inevitably postulate that life had to come from non-life the very first time, which leads to...

if life could come from non-life once, then by the law of probability, it may happen an infinite number of times. but, given that life can become intelligently creative, life may also come from life. since both are probabilities, the existence of one is not proof for the existence of the other.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 11

interesting, but you're missing something here. you're saying that life has to come from life. but obviously, this isn't the case because you also believe that your god came to life from non-life, unless you also believe that the existence of god must imply the existence of a super-god that created him, but this leads into a train of thought that must ...[text shortened]... nce both are probabilities, the existence of one is not proof for the existence of the other.
God is spirit and is eternal life without beginning or end and, therefore,
is not created or needs to be created, but has always existed. God is
the source of all life. He is the living Spirit that gives life. All life comes
from the living Spirit, who is infinite.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
13 Aug 11

God is spirit and is eternal life without beginning or end and, therefore,
is not created or needs to be created, but has always existed. God is
the source of all life. He is the living Spirit that gives life. All life comes
from the living Spirit, who is infinite.
you've now established that all life does not need a creator, ergo defeating your own argument.

Planet Rain

Moves
13 Aug 11
1 edit

you've now established that all life does not need a creator, ergo defeating your own argument.
Welcome to the Double-Standard Zone. It was the same thing with Freaky, but no matter how you spell out the situation, there is an exception clause that the typical theist invokes at this juncture that acts as something like a "Get out of logic free" card.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 11

Maybe you should try to get someone more capable to help you understand.
I did my best, but I am only a layperson and have no formal training in
theology. I do have an Associate Degree for I had wanted to be an electrical
engineer in my early days. Good luck.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 11

Originally posted by Soothfast
Welcome to the Double-Standard Zone. It was the same thing with Freaky, but no matter how you spell out the situation, there is an exception clause that the typical theist invokes at this juncture that acts as something like a "Get out of logic free" card.
I have no training in theology so I am ignorant of a "Get out of logic free" card.
Maybe someone else could pick up where I left off and play this card. Anyone!

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
14 Aug 11

Ninety percent of the time the cry for "equal pay for equal work" is heard in lines of work that have nothing to do with physical strength, you knuckle-dragging idiot. It is a very real problem, and you're about as ignorant as they come for not recognizing it.
Oh, reeeeeeeeeally?

So, if I can get my mostly-bone headed brain around your fancy words, you are contending that when the Equal Pay Act was passed in 1963, there were a lot of women in the various white collar fields?

Hey, I have an idea so you don't look like the complete nincompoop every time you want to call me short--- you know, to lessen the pain a bit for ya: try reading a little about what you're waxing eloquent on prior to firing off a neatly-worded insult.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
14 Aug 11

You wouldn't know logic if it slapped you in the fallacy.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Aug 11

Maybe you should try to get someone more capable to help you understand.
I did my best, but I am only a layperson and have no formal training in
theology. I do have an Associate Degree for I had wanted to be an electrical
engineer in my early days. Good luck.
don't worry about it, even the best theologists can't explain away the logic without granting special exception for their particular god and entering the realm of fallacy.

the existence of life does not disprove a creator, neither does it prove one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 11

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
You wouldn't know logic if it slapped you in the fallacy.
Why do you worry about such issues as logic when your god apparently is above all that? So why bother responding to us guys that like to see things in the real world and not the fantasy world of supernatural beings making the universe just appear to be billions of years old and all those fossils placed just so by this god of yours to confuse and confound poor unsuspecting mankind.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Why do you worry about such issues as logic when your god apparently is above all that? So why bother responding to us guys that like to see things in the real world and not the fantasy world of supernatural beings making the universe just appear to be billions of years old and all those fossils placed just so by this god of yours to confuse and confound poor unsuspecting mankind.
Don't you realize the fossil evidence is consistant with a young earth
and what the Holy Bible says about creation and flood. The problem you
evolutionist have is that you have to make up things like Piltdown Man
and come up with imaginary dating so it will fit into your world view.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
14 Aug 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Sonhouse, I don't worry about anything. You know me better than that! That being said, this doesn't mean I leave my faculties at the door. God Himself has appealed to man's reason to consider his own plight, so you'll find nothing in the way of a biblical dictum to relieve one's self of use of one's critical thinking.

Smart or dumb is of little consequence in God's economy. What does matter is how one responds to the revelation in whatever capacity they are able to comprehend it. Can't say the same for other walks of faith. But no matter.

Logic is no more extravagant or special than any other thinking endeavor, although it does have a way of puffing up the one so trained in its disciplines. Certainly there is a form of smugness within those who are able to conjugate verbs, but their self-righteousness is usually limited to superficial expression: they might still hear the message. For those immersed in logic, however, their expertise comes with a price. Typically, they lose the forest for the trees.

All of that is to say this: Yes, God is above logic (which is simply a man-made system), just as God is above all of the other laws and systems man has manufactured in his attempt to explain/understand creation. God is above theology, as well, so one can't get overly downtrodden to think of such things in subservience to Him. This is not to say that God is illogical; He certainly appears that way when some part of the formula is missing in the mind of the thinker.

As it says in the Scripture...

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

God is not foolish, but uses it. God is not weak, but uses it.