1. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 05:08
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i get the impression that RJHinds is a sarcastic unbeliever playing the believer for jollies.
    I am not sure what would be sadder, that he is genuine, or that he is not.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 09:34
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    how does the existence and reproduction of life prove the existence of a creator?
    Back at you: what does the existence and reproduction of life prove?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 09:42
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am not sure what would be sadder, that he is genuine, or that he is not.
    Poor thing. It's all sad to you. Sorry about that.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 09:44
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    He doesn't know. He is a brain dead atheist. Just kidding.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 12:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Since all your god words come from a book written by men, to make those in charge build up larger and larger followings so they have political clout and just by pure co-incidence, puts men on a higher rung of the ladder than women 'A man is worth 50 sheckles, a woman 35'(from your bible), the whole thing has nothing to do with and got no visions from a god. ...[text shortened]... n proven time and time again. No god needed to make the christian faith, just creative people.
    It is clear you don't want to discuss those things that shows women to be on a lower shelf than men as I stated it is in the bible men are worth 50 sheckels and women 35. That has to grind the jaws of every woman who reads that crap.

Do you have anything original to say about that or will you just find another bible quote that refutes that statement I read with my own eyes?

You really think GOD would say women are worth less than men?

The answer is no, because that is a position taken by MEN and written out in a book they have duped people into believing came from some god. It did not come from a god, only men bent on making a religion they can control men with and subjugate women at the same time.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 15:01
    It is clear you don't want to discuss those things that shows women to be on a lower shelf than men as I stated it is in the bible men are worth 50 sheckels and women 35. That has to grind the jaws of every woman who reads that crap.

Do you have anything original to say about that or will you just find another bible quote that refutes that statement I r ...[text shortened]... y men bent on making a religion they can control men with and subjugate women at the same time.
    The valuation was based upon their labor equivalent. Of course, in today's politically correct climate of social engineering, we are very adamant that women receive the same amount of money in exchange for their labor as a man. The rallying cry has been 'equal pay for equal work,' and has been applied across all industries, regardless of the reality that (in most fields of labor) women are decidedly not equal in ability.

Your fantasy of crowd manipulation is laughable in the face of the facts of history. The counter-intuitive river runs throughout Scripture, in bold opposition to the then-prevailing customs of literally all societies found around the ancient Jews. Moreover, with zero significant exceptions, all noteworthy civilizations and societies have place the male as the leader in their structures. And, finally, the freedoms prompted either directly or indirectly from biblical mandates (had you read a bit further in the 27th chapter of Leviticus, you would have encountered something called the year of the jubile, or Jubilee) have been a fountainhead for the progression of man's freedom from tyranny for nearly 3600 years.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 16:122 edits

Do you have anything original to say about that or will you just find another bible quote that refutes that statement I r ...[text shortened]... y men bent on making a religion they can control men with and subjugate women at the same time.
    Go ahead and blame man for the evils of this world. But don't blame God
    for what man does. Okay?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 18:39
    The valuation was based upon their labor equivalent. Of course, in today's politically correct climate of social engineering, we are very adamant that women receive the same amount of money in exchange for their labor as a man. The rallying cry has been 'equal pay for equal work,' and has been applied across all industries, regardless of the reality that ...[text shortened]... been a fountainhead for the progression of man's freedom from tyranny for nearly 3600 years.
    Why do you think Judaism was invented? It was because the tribes were violent and unruly before Judaism came along. Judaism was invented precisely because of that, to control unruly tribes who were basically thugs attacking anything in their way. You think ancient Jews were peaceful back then? You are the one being naive.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 20:41
    Why do you think Judaism was invented? It was because the tribes were violent and unruly before Judaism came along. Judaism was invented precisely because of that, to control unruly tribes who were basically thugs attacking anything in their way. You think ancient Jews were peaceful back then? You are the one being naive.
    Who was the inventor and what reference do you have?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 20:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Who was the inventor and what reference do you have?
    I got that from Jews when I lived in Jerusalem. I had good friends on both sides the tweed.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 21:00
    WikiAnswers says the following:
    "Between 1901 and 2008, 163 out of a total of 750 Nobel Prize winners
    were Jewish, despite the fact that only around 0.58% of the world's entire
    population are Jewish.

I also found a list of inventions but nothing about who invented Judaism.
    But apparently it was a Jew that invented monotheism.

REALLY PRACTICAL INVENTIONS: Jeans, Lipstick, the Ballpoint Pen, Contraceptives, Instant Coffee, Television Remote Control, Traffic Lights, Scotchguard, the Flexistraw.

REALLY BIG INVENTIONS: The Atomic Bomb, the Thermonuclear Bomb, God, Genetic Engineering, the Nuclear Chain Reactor, Virtual Reality.

CULTURAL CONTRIBUTIONS: Hollywood, the Sit-Com, the Long Playing Record, Woodstock, Sound Movies, Videotape, Color Television, Instant Photography, Holography

GAME CHANGERS: Monotheism, Psychoanalysis, the Theory of Relativity, the Weekend (Shabbat)

INVENTIONS BEGINNING WITH THE LETTER “C’: Capitalism, Communism, Circumcision, Cheesecake, Cafeterias

NEVER BUY RETAIL: Discount Stores, Pawn Shops, the Shopping Cart and the Ready-to-Wear Clothing Industry

I FEEL BETTER ALREADY: Prozac, Valium, The Polio Vaccine, Radiation, Chemotherapy, the Artificial Kidney Dialysis machine, the Defibrillator, the Cardiac Pacemaker, Vaccination against the deadly “Hepatitis B” virus, the Vaccinating Needle, Laser Technology

CHAI TECH: Google, the Wire Transmission Facsimilie (FAX) , the Microphone, the Gramophone, the Microprocessing Chip, Optical Fiber Cable, Laser, Cellular Technology, the Videotape Recorder

HOW DID WE LIVE WITHOUT THESE?: Drip Irrigation, Scale Model Electric Trains, the Pager, the Walkie-talkie, Refrigerated Railroad Car, High-vacuum Electron Tubes, the Incandescent Lamp, Kodachrome Film, the Blimp, the Adding Machine, Stainless Steel, Tapered Roller Bearings.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 22:06
    Why do you think Judaism was invented?
    God has a unique sense of humor.

It was because the tribes were violent and unruly before Judaism came along. Judaism was invented precisely because of that, to control unruly tribes who were basically thugs attacking anything in their way.
    I don't know that I've ever heard anything more patently false with respect to Abram crossing the river. Congratulations?

You think ancient Jews were peaceful back then? You are the one being naive.
    No one is peaceful. Especially not God.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 22:28
    I got that from Jews when I lived in Jerusalem. I had good friends on both sides the tweed.
    They claim to have invented "God" and "monotheism" too. But they
    don't give a specific person the credit for these inventions. Maybe it
    was "Adam" but I don't think he was really a Jew. Abraham is also
    claimed as a father of the religion of Islam, but that was probably
    Mohammed. Maybe it was Moses, at least for monotheism since the
    Egyptians had gods. No, I can't figure it out.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 01:37
    it proves that there is life that perpetuates by reproduction.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 01:40
    [b]Why do you think Judaism was invented?
    God has a unique sense of humor.

It was because the tribes were violent and unruly before Judaism came along. Judaism was invented precisely because of that, to control unruly tribes who were basically thugs attacking anything in their way.
    I don't know that I've ever heard anything more patently fa ...[text shortened]... peaceful back then? You are the one being naive.[/b]
    No one is peaceful. Especially not God.[/b]
    judaism was invented in babylon and it was borrowed from babylonian/sumerian religions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree