In league with Satan

In league with Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
All Hail the God of science!
So after both googlefudge and myself took the time to explain our points of view and point out the errors in your argument it turns out your argument was nothing more than a 'strawman'. Instead of acknowledging as such you merely resort to one of your childlike soundbites. Tragic really.

Moves
30 Mar 12

The Belgians simply leave the beer near a field so that the natural yeast in the air ferments it, no need of science, Luddite's let us unite!
Ok well when you give up on having your computer and internet and phone and heating and electricity and windows and medicine and clean water and automotive transport and printed books and you go and live in a mud hut....

Can I have all your stuff?

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Ok well when you give up on having your computer and internet and phone and heating and electricity and windows and medicine and clean water and automotive transport and printed books and you go and live in a mud hut....

Can I have all your stuff?
Sure you can, have it all, it will bring you no happiness! I live in Scotland, i can go to
the burn near my home and drink the water with no ill effect, clean and pure, flowing
from the Campsie Hills. You can have my mitsubushi 4X4 as well, gas guzzling
glorified van that it is, ill ride my bicycle and ill print my own books with letters carved
out of potatoes!

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So after both googlefudge and myself took the time to explain our points of view and point out the errors in your argument it turns out your argument was nothing more than a 'strawman'. Instead of acknowledging as such you merely resort to one of your childlike soundbites. Tragic really.
No I am still waiting for you to admit that those scientists who are involved in weapons
programs share a measure of responsibility for the use of the technologies they helped
to develop.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 12

No I am still waiting for you to admit that those scientists who are involved in weapons
programs share a measure of responsibility for the use of the technologies they helped
to develop.
Do you have a memory? Just over an hour ago i said -

'I've never claimed that scientists are not responsible for the technologies they produce.'

Does that ring any bells?

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

Do you have a memory? Just over an hour ago i said -

'I've never claimed that scientists are not responsible for the technologies they produce.'

Does that ring any bells?
ok, that's fine.

Moves
30 Mar 12

Sure you can, have it all, it will bring you no happiness! I live in Scotland, i can go to
the burn near my home and drink the water with no ill effect, clean and pure, flowing
glorified van that it is, ill ride my bicycle and ill print my own books with letters carved
out of potatoes!
Oh trust me...

Having all Your stuff would definitely bring me happiness.

P

Moves
30 Mar 12

out of potatoes!
I'm not sure you can have the bike. You certainly can't have the tyres or oil the chain. You'll have to strip-off the paint as well.

And I'm sure I'd trust that water long-term for washing and drinking. Neither Weils disease nor diarrhea are particularly pleasant.

--- Penguin.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 12

ok, that's fine.
No it's not. You've spent the last few hours arguing against a position that i never held, and even after i quite categorically stated that wasn't my position you carried on regardless. How about a simple acknowledgment that you got the wrong end of the stick, you know show a bit of humility.

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Oh trust me...

Having all Your stuff would definitely bring me happiness.
nah it wouldn't man cannot live on bread or technologies alone!

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

No it's not. You've spent the last few hours arguing against a position that i never held, and even after i quite categorically stated that wasn't my position you carried on regardless. How about a simple acknowledgment that you got the wrong end of the stick, you know show a bit of humility.
ok, i bow!

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by Penguin
I'm not sure you can have the bike. You certainly can't have the tyres or oil the chain. You'll have to strip-off the paint as well.

And I'm sure I'd trust that water long-term for washing and drinking. Neither Weils disease nor diarrhea are particularly pleasant.

--- Penguin.
ok then, id have a wagon pulled by horses instead! and you can oil a chain with butter
if you have nothing else.

Moves
30 Mar 12

nah it wouldn't man cannot live on bread or technologies alone!
Actually you can live on food and technology alone.

You may or may not be particularly happy if you did so but I have many things that help keep me happy.

Having all your stuff would definitely make me happier.

Moves
30 Mar 12

The Belgians simply leave the beer near a field so that the natural yeast in the air ferments it, no need of science, Luddite's let us unite!
Unfortunately what works in Belgium won't work as well in other places. They just happen to have the right yeast flying around in their air. And the truth is that the vast majority of Beligian breweries these days don't leave the creation of their product to chance. No they use technology and science as well.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Mar 12

there is at present no cure for cancer, radiation simply kills the cancerous cells, but I
understand what you are saying, never the less, those scientists which are involved in
weapons programs share a responsibility for the use of the technologies which they are
developing.
No argument, key word being 'share', it's your slopey shoulders that you need to address; you benefit from these 'double edged swords' along with the rest of us, or would you be happier in a pre wheel world.