In league with Satan

In league with Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Personal experience with what/who I believe is God. However I accept that 'personal experience' can easily be challenged as anything from emotional or psychological or even imagination.

I'm happy with what I believe but I'm not closed minded; I am also happy with my decision to reject religion based on the same reasons as many here reject God. I guess one could say I've not 'thrown the baby out with the bathwater'.
I admit that I have never had anything like what these 'personal experiences' of god tend
to be described as being like.

And I am not sure that I can or would ever experience such things.

However I would recommend listening to this talk from an ex-evangelical Christian preacher
who has experienced this kind of thing and now doesn't believe.

It's a good talk and quite funny even if you don't agree with what he has to say.

&feature=plcp&context=C48ddc33VDvjVQa1PpcFMsH-3duiHWMiO7q63hHN1hkIeh2GDnKIM=

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Science is nothing more than an understanding of how the Universe and all that is within it works, what humans do with that knowledge is of course another matter.
yes indeed, technology without morality is more dangerous than anything i know.

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
pfffft, why not just pony up and say the unscrupulous use of science and technology
has brought us to the point of ecological disaster and for you, science is a God, look
how you look to it for guidance, a panacea for all! All hail the God of science! Lets utter
the mantras, E=Mc^2, offer up incense to Darwinism, oh great Darwin you introduced ...[text shortened]... and brought us as a species to the brink of ecological
disaster, thank you the God of science!
Because it isn't true and wont become true no matter how many times you say it.

Unlike you I care about truth.

Take your straw man arguments elsewhere I already think your an idiot and there is no
need for you to reinforce that image.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 12

yes indeed, technology without morality is more dangerous than anything i know.
I disagree, closed minded ignorance is the most dangerous thing i know.

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Because it isn't true and wont become true no matter how many times you say it.

Unlike you I care about truth.

Take your straw man arguments elsewhere I already think your an idiot and there is no
need for you to reinforce that image.
shall we talk of the introduction of CFC's into aerosols, the introduction of led into
petrol, the nuclear disasters, deforestation, melting ice caps, desertification,, oil
spillage, acid rain, shall i go on, depleted fish stocks, all due to the unscrupulous use of
technologies and here you are, in denial, meaner and ignorant than the meanest
medieval monk! Truth is not a word you should use lightly and your opinion has no
relevance to anyone but you, despite you're pretensions to the contrary.

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

No way, unscrupulous scientists involved in weapons programs are way more dangerous!

Moves
30 Mar 12

No way, unscrupulous scientists involved in weapons programs are way more dangerous!
the scientists wouldnt be making weapons if it wasnt for all the closed minded ignorant people buying them (im not defending the scientists actions but it takes two to tango the world to destruction)

Moves
30 Mar 12

I would have gone with faith based belief but yeah what you said.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 12

Bearing in mind your confession on this board, i didn't really see you agreeing with me on that one.

Moves
30 Mar 12

... all due to the unscrupulous use of
technologies ....
Yes and the unscrupulous use of technologies was by society and not by science.

Thank you for making MY point.

Cretin.

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12
2 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
Yes and the unscrupulous use of technologies was by society and not by science.

Thank you for making MY point.

Cretin.
so lets get this, a group of scientists which are involved in weapons programs are not
really responsible for any deaths which occur after the use of the technologies which
they themselves sought to introduce, FAIL!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Mar 12

so lets get this, a group of scientists which are involved in weapons programs are not
really responsible for any deaths which occur after the use of the technologies which
they themselves sought to introduce, FAIL!
Have you taken a 'dumb pill' this morning?

Moves
30 Mar 12

His arguments do seem to be particularly lacking in sense today.

Maybe he hasn't properly woken up yet.

rc

Moves
30 Mar 12

is this the best you materialists can really do, errr, excuse Mr. Frankenstein is that your
monster ravaging the village, err, yes, i only created it, nothing to do with me really!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
30 Mar 12

Originally posted by galveston75
The Bible clearly says "you cannot serve two masters". One is either serving God the way that God wants one too or you are not.
Think you have missed the essence of the saying. In this case atheists clearly choose to serve neither. By definition only christians can serve satan as he does not exist outwith their world view.