I'm attracted to women.

I'm attracted to women.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
06 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by vivify
I'm married, so I won't need to be meeting any new women. And I like how you try to downgrade a base, instinctual feeling, as merely an "impulse". You know, like getting icecream when you should be on a diet.

As to my being aroused being "irrelevant", what about when Paul says that a man should get married, rather than "burn with passion?" If that man ...[text shortened]... he need to quench physical desire, an important thing that Christianity hinders gays from doing.
yes because lets face it the Bible is designed to pander to the desires rather than help people transcend them 🙄

Moves
06 Jan 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
When I live in a country torn by religious war, I might put the cart before the horse and blame religion instead of blaming a bunch of evil men, but then that's what they want, isn't it? Way to 'cave in'. Are you human, or just another 'sheep'?

"Where have I tried to weaken anyone's faith?" Asking a person to consider that their faith may be wrong isn ...[text shortened]... abandon their faith rather than merely weakening it, but you have to take what you can get, no?
Some day when you're more mature and able to read people posts as they actually are you'll get my point.

You're a fool to yourself if you don't even entertain the idea that your particular faith might not be 'the divine truth'.

rc

Moves
06 Jan 14

Originally posted by Trev33
Some day when you're more mature and able to read people posts as they actually are you'll get my point.

You're a fool to yourself if you don't even entertain the idea that your particular faith might not be 'the divine truth'.
wow such patience Trev, you deserve to be canonised.

Moves
06 Jan 14

Ummmmm, what?
One can make mistakes in the dark.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Jan 14

Not a bad theory, actually.
Maybe it is the other way. Devolution.

Moves
06 Jan 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Maybe it is the other way. Devolution.
Evolution does not have a direction and thus cannot go backwards.

rain

Moves
06 Jan 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes because lets face it the Bible is designed to pander to the desires rather than help people transcend them 🙄
So the Bible is merely pandering to desires when it says it's better to marry than to "burn with passion"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Jan 14
3 edits

wow such patience Trev, you deserve to be canonised.
Why don't you just offer to bring the whole lot of them into your church?

They'd fit right in.

I mean it's great and all to be a cheerleader for atheists, but on the other hand, you refuse to recognize as a Christian anyone of a denomination other than your own.

Go figure.

rc

Moves
06 Jan 14
1 edit

So the Bible is merely pandering to desires when it says it's better to marry than to "burn with passion"?
Marraige is to be considered honourable among all, the apostle was advocating it for those who do not have self control if you actually read the passage in context and in fact he recommended singleness as being the best.. There is no provision made for homosexuals in fact the Bible states quite clearly that the practice is unatural, sinful and those who do practice it will have no place in God's kingdom. Hard for you to reconcile that to your ludicrous proposals isn't it.

rc

Moves
06 Jan 14

Why don't you just offer to bring the whole lot of them into your church?

They'd fit right in.

I mean it's great and all to be a cheerleader for atheists, but on the other hand, you refuse to recognize as a Christian anyone of a denomination other than your own.

Go figure.
Wow next ill be making friends with tax collector's and harlots.

rain

Moves
06 Jan 14
1 edit

Marraige is to be considered honourable among all, the apostle was advocating it for those who do not have self control if you actually read the passage in context and in fact he recommended singleness as being the best.. There is no provision made for homosexuals in fact the Bible states quite clearly that the practice is unatural, sinful and thos ...[text shortened]... no place in God's kingdom. Hard for you to reconcile that to your ludicrous proposals isn't it.
So if singleness is the "best" (better than being married), then (by your logic) the bible is indeed pandering to people's desires, rather than helping people "transcend" those (sexual) desires. Booyah. So your post at the top of this page is rubbish.

That said, my original point stands: since the Bible recognizes that it's better to marry than to "burn with passion", it forces a gay person to do that, by barring gay marriage. This makes the Bible useless and in fact, terrible for gays.

rc

Moves
06 Jan 14
2 edits

So if singleness is the "best", then the bible is indeed pandering to people's desires, rather than helping people "transcend" those desires. Booyah. So your post at the top of this page is rubbish.

That said, my original point stands: since the Bible recognizes that it's better to marry than to "burn with passion", it forces a gay person to do that, by barring gay marriage. This makes the Bible useless and in fact, terrible for gays.
Sorry I have actually no idea what you are havering about, singleness may take more self control than marraige and the apostle advocates it for those that want to do more in the work of the lord. Why this should be pandering to anything I cannot say but then again not very much of what you say makes much sense for you seem to be blighted by some kind of egotism. It doesn't force anyone to do anything for as the apostle tells us we are not tempted beyond anything we can bear or that is not common to mankind making somewhat of a mockery of your now ludicrous assertion concerning gays . May I suggest you read the Bible prior to making assumptions about it who knows you may do better.

rain

Moves
07 Jan 14

Sorry I have actually no idea what you are havering about, singleness may take more self control than marraige and the apostle advocates it for those that want to do more in the work of the lord. Why this should be pandering to anything I cannot say but then again not very much of what you say makes much sense for you seem to be blighted by some k ...[text shortened]... y I suggest you read the Bible prior to making assumptions about it who knows you may do better.
I'll make this simple.

You think the bible's right to let people marry, if they can't control their sexual desires. However, if gays can't control their sexual desires, you think it's right for the bible to deny gays marriage.

Your thinking couldn't be any more unjust.

rc

Moves
07 Jan 14
1 edit

I'll make this simple.

You think the bible's right to let people marry, if they can't control their sexual desires. However, if gays can't control their sexual desires, you think it's right for the bible to deny gays marriage.

Your thinking couldn't be any more unjust.
What is it about the phrase 'we are not tempted beyond anything we can bear' that yet evades you. People are being heped to overcome and deal with temptation not to pander to it in your namby pamby self indulgent weak and wimpy world. If someone wants to live their life in harmony with biblical standards they can do it with Gods help and good health to them I say.

Moves
07 Jan 14
1 edit

What is it about the phrase 'we are not tempted beyond anything we can bear' that yet evades you. People are being heped to overcome and deal with temptation not to pander to it in your namby pamby self indulgent weak and wimpy world. If someone wants to live their life in harmony with biblical standards they can do it with Gods help and good health to them I say.
"the phrase 'we are not tempted beyond anything we can bear'"

The comedian Tig Notaro started her monologue one time by telling her audience he had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Eventually they got the idea she was serious, which she was. As part of the following monologue, she said,

"I always think about the idea that God never gives you more than you can handle, and just the idea that God would be looking at me and thinking, Eh, I think she can handle more. And the angels thinking: What are you doing? You’re a lunatic. And God being like: “No, no, trust me. She can handle this.” "

From another link, http://thinkchristian.reframemedia.com/tig-notaro-comedy-cancer-and-community, I find this:

“I think God is insane,” she concludes. “Or not there at all.”

That should advise Christians to not reduce our theodicy to cliches. But that’s not the last word she says on the matter. The very last thing she says on the recording, over an emotional roar of applause is, “I guess God was right. I can handle this. I can totally take so much more.”