If there was a God

If there was a God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
26 Feb 12
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Your post reveals two moronic conclusions. #1. It isn't 'our' construct. #2. One can pretend to invent a deity and even go so far as to believe it exists, but we didn't invent God.

All your objections to the existence of God are without merit and/or a shred of evidence, and are subjective, based on emotion rather than intellectual objectivity.

It is wi ...[text shortened]... since there is no objectively identifiable evidence for the non existence of a creator/God.
It is your construct; you take the position that no one can know whether there is or isn't something beyond our natural perception; and conclude that the thicko "God" your 2000 year since dead ancesters first thought of - augmented by your own sloppy thinking - actually exists!

You might as well say that the 5 number lottery ticket you paid for with 6 months wages is definitely going to be that which wins the next 6 ball lottery!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Feb 12

He or she, God wouldn't like me. Why should He/she?

So I gave you my honest answer. Do you have one?
The answer is undetermined since we are talking about man made inventions. Man made bibles, man made religions for the express purpose of controlling men, subjugating women, and building empires. Your religion succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of your so-called Saint Paul. BTW, it should by rights be called Paulism, not Christianity.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Feb 12

Originally posted by Agerg
It is your construct; you take the position that no one can know whether there is or isn't something beyond our natural perception; and conclude that the thicko "God" your 2000 year since dead ancesters first thought of - augmented by your own sloppy thinking - actually exists!

You might as well say that the 5 number lottery ticket you paid for with 6 months wages is definitely going to be that which wins the next 6 ball lottery!
"...you take the position that no one can know whether there is or isn't something beyond our natural perception;"

I do not take that position. Whatever gave you that idea?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Feb 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
The answer is undetermined since we are talking about man made inventions. Man made bibles, man made religions for the express purpose of controlling men, subjugating women, and building empires. Your religion succeeded beyond the wildest dreams of your so-called Saint Paul. BTW, it should by rights be called Paulism, not Christianity.
You say God is an invention. Why should I believe you? You're just a man! Maybe you made it up that man invented God. At the very least you believe what other men say.

I don't.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
26 Feb 12

[b]You say God is an invention. Why should I believe you? You're just a man! Maybe you made it up that man invented God. At the very least you believe what other men say.

I don't.[/b]
but you do.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Feb 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
but you do.
Prove it!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Feb 12

Prove it!
We don't have to prove anything. You take all that religious BS on faith. When was the last time your god came down to you and said, Hey JW, howzit goin?

You can blubber on and on about how the bible is 'gods' word but that is just the 2000 year old scam still working to delude you and a few billion other poor folks who believe in the tooth fairy.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Feb 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
We don't have to prove anything. You take all that religious BS on faith. When was the last time your god came down to you and said, Hey JW, howzit goin?

You can blubber on and on about how the bible is 'gods' word but that is just the 2000 year old scam still working to delude you and a few billion other poor folks who believe in the tooth fairy.
"We don't have to prove anything."

So what you're saying is that you're taking it on faith that we believe in vain? That, without evidence, you believe we are duped?

"When was the last time your god came down to you and said, Hey JW, howzit goin?"

Don't mean to insult you old man, but you have a very immature understanding of what a relationship with God is about. I'd say more about it but...

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
27 Feb 12

[b]"...you take the position that no one can know whether there is or isn't something beyond our natural perception;"

I do not take that position. Whatever gave you that idea?[/b]
Yeah my mistake - you're only good for taking potshots at. Actually debating with you is a waste of time.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Feb 12

Originally posted by Agerg
Yeah my mistake - you're only good for taking potshots at. Actually debating with you is a waste of time.
Like everything else you have it completely backwards. Debating with me is the best use of your time. It's to bad you use it so poorly.

I mean, in all the time I've been debating in this forum, not once has one of you atheists ever stayed on topic and ever actually finished a debate.

But if you feel that way I'll honor it by never speaking to you again. Sorrowfully.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 12

Do you think He would like you?
Of course It would like you

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
27 Feb 12

Prove it!
On the one had there's Agerg's position - accepting his position requires no magic, no miracles, no omnipotent, infinite and unknowable super-being. On the other hand there's yours, which... well, does require all that stuff. I think, on balance, logic dictates that the burden of proof lies with you.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Feb 12

Your statement can only be true if the ancient Israelite's conception of God was self generated.

Based on your own admissions you have no way of knowing.
You could hazard a guess that the ancient Israelites were organised into a patriarchical society and thus the masculine identity of their deity is at least suspect.

Read a book!

Moves
27 Feb 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Time will tell... or more nearly accurate to posit that the absence of time

will tell, since all of us will reside at one of two addresses for all eternity.
Please tell me that Boston is not one of them.