If anyone is contemplating suicide.

If anyone is contemplating suicide.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Here’s a passage for all you hellfire and burning believers to have a look and and tell me this; which bits are literal and which are metaphors and symbolisms?

From Revelation 19

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.
With justice he judges and wages war.
His eyes are like blazing fire, and on h ...[text shortened]... and the burning ... am I right?

What a desperately sad doctrine of death it is that you cling to.
Metaphors are used to be representative or symbolic of something else, do you have
what it is this text was to represent if it were not all literal? I believe you said earlier
you did know, if you don't know, why not take it as literal? If you cannot take that
as literal, what else don't you believe, you and thinkofone have list some where of
what is and isn't good scripture?

F

Moves
15 Oct 18

@sonship said
It says that the Antichrist's worshippers will be tormented in the presence of the Lamb and the holy angels in verse 10.
Is this thing - Jesus portrayed as overseeing the torture of non-believers - something you would mention to someone contemplating suicide or would you keep that side of your ideology secret from them?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 18

@fmf said
Is this thing - Jesus portrayed as overseeing the torture of non-believers - something you would mention to someone contemplating suicide or would you keep that side of your ideology secret from them?
The only ones keep that doctrine hidden are those denying it.

F

Moves
15 Oct 18

@sonship said
But some of us care for this revelation. And about many, many other things in the Holy Bible, of all kinds, we also care.
If a Muslim friend was contemplating suicide, would you counsel them to turn towards their faith and those who share it if it would save the person's life, or would you try to recruit the suicidal person to your religion at whatever cost?

F

Moves
15 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
The only ones keep that doctrine hidden are those denying it.
Why don't you want to address the question?

Is Jesus overseeing the torture of non-believers something you would mention to someone contemplating suicide?

Or would you keep that side of your ideology secret from them?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 18

@fmf said

Is Jesus overseeing the torture of non-believers something you would mention to someone contemplating suicide?

You read the text why ask me?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Oct 18

@fmf said

I believe in sharing the gospel as is.

F

Moves
15 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
You read the text why ask me?
Because you responded to my question without answering it.

F

Moves
15 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
I believe in sharing the gospel as is.
With someone contemplating suicide? The "Lake of Fire", the vengeful angry God, the torture, the burning - with Jesus looking on - the punishment, the "eternal torment"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 18
3 edits

@FMF

If a Muslim friend was contemplating suicide, would you counsel them to turn towards their faith and those who share it if it would save the person's life, or would you try to recruit the suicidal person to your religion at whatever cost?

I never got a satisfactory reply from you. Are you a more experienced troll then sonhouse or less?

I said "satisfactory"... reply.

F

Moves
16 Oct 18

@sonship said
I never got a satisfactory reply from you. Are you a more experienced troll then sonhouse or less?
I am not a troll and neither is sonhouse. Stop deflecting. My question is on topic and pertinent.

F

Moves
16 Oct 18

@sonship said
I said "satisfactory"... reply.
I'll bump the question again on the next page in the hope of getting any kind of reply that isn't just banter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Oct 18
2 edits

@FMF

I am not a troll and neither is sonhouse. Stop deflecting. My question is on topic and pertinent.

I am neither trying to recruit to my religion at any cost.
I do seek to introduce some people to a living Friend who is reality.

That is when time and circumstances are favorable and not at "any cost" as in a wild effort which does not take into account people cannot be forced to fall in love.

If you rephrase or re-ask then I will re-ask you.
Well are you or are you not a more experienced troll then sonhouse ?

If you don't want to be asked again then don't re-ask about me recruiting to my religion at any cost.

F

Moves
16 Oct 18
1 edit

@sonship said
Well are you or are you not a more experienced troll then sonhouse ?
I am not a troll and sonhouse is not a troll either.

F

Moves
16 Oct 18

@sonship said
I am neither trying to recruit to my religion at any cost.
I do seek to introduce some people to a living Friend who is reality.
If a Muslim friend of yours was contemplating suicide, would you counsel them to turn towards their faith, and those who share it, if it would save the person's life