How to be saved???

How to be saved???

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KM

Moves
27 Sep 07

Has anyone ever herd that you have to be baptized in water in the name of Jesus and then get the holly ghost to be saved? according to the bible?? These were the scriptures given John 3.5 matt 28.19 Acts2.36-39. Just trying to get some input on this? Maybe see what u bible guys have to say on this thanks 🙂 Kevin

d

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by Kevin Mcfarland
Has anyone ever herd that you have to be baptized in water in the name of Jesus and then get the holly ghost to be saved? according to the bible?? These were the scriptures given John 3.5 matt 28.19 Acts2.36-39. Just trying to get some input on this? Maybe see what u bible guys have to say on this thanks 🙂 Kevin
What do yu mean by "get the holly spirit"? Do you mean speak in tongues?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
27 Sep 07

It's simple, and easy.

Romans 10:9
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

P

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by josephw
It's simple, and easy.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
So many different ways to be saved. And some of them are the only way. But don't worry, if you don't like the way that your branch of Christianity is pushing, just join another branch. Or another religion, there are plenty of them out there. And if none of them take your fancy you can even make up your own, it will be just as valid. See scientology.

--- Penguin (shamelessly trolling!)

B

Moves
27 Sep 07

I dont know if it is so simple.

I presuppose the centrality of Grace, yes.

I believe however that how I choose to respond to that Grace is important, and that according to Matthew 25, Jesus suggests that when we respond in love to those around us, whether we know it or not, we respond in love to God.

In Matthew 25, which is the parable of the Last Judgment, the litmus test for the quality of ones future, is not assent to particular propositional statements but rather how we lived.

I tend not to view discussion forums as good venues for discussion (irony, i suppose) but if anyone want to offer me their thoughts, I am happy to listen. Private message me though okay?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
27 Sep 07

Originally posted by darvlay
What do yu mean by "get the holly spirit"? Do you mean speak in tongues?
Don't you know what the Christmas spirit is, fool?

L

Moves
27 Sep 07

It's simple, and easy.

that is one of my faviorte versus becasue right there is eternal life

g

Moves
28 Sep 07

"All who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved." - Romans 10:13

N

The sky

Moves
28 Sep 07

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
that is one of my faviorte versus becasue right there is eternal life
It's a very convenient verse for believers.

g

Moves
28 Sep 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
Sorry, but this simple mind doesn't understand your point.

w

Moves
28 Sep 07

God is looking for simple child like faith. Simply put, the lack of faith or absense of faith is where we trace our problems to have originated.

w

Moves
28 Sep 07

Originally posted by Nordlys
I guess it would only be conventient for believers, no?

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
28 Sep 07

It's simple, and easy.

what ? we just pick one verse out of the whole bible and base salvation off of it? what about all the recorded conversions in the New Testament that involve Baptism.verses that include hearing the word, believeing the word ,confessing the name of Christ ,repenting and being baptized.lets not pick and choose.

s

Moves
28 Sep 07

That's just as ridiculous as it gets.
Thank god i'm not baptized.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Sep 07

Could anyone enlighten me? What exactly do you get saved from once you have found the way?