1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 15:382 edits
    @medullah said
    I'll have to respond to each segment in order later guys as it's been a full on day at work and I've only just finished and have to pick the Mrs up, but thank you for your feedback, I have read through briefly but they deserve proper attention, which I will try and give a bit later on.
    I think it was you who suggested I find out what Rajk999 and myself have in common.

I thought on it and am still thinking on it.
    I have some doubts that this would work.
    But I could be wrong and you could be right.

Anyway, without being disagreeable for its own sake, I am very interested to know about the mistranslations I am relying on. So when you have time I'll take a look at your translation objections.

Praise the Lord for the oneness of the Spirit in the uniting bond of peace.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 15:401 edit
    @sonship said
    I think it was you who suggested I find out what Rajk999 and myself have in common.
    We have nothing common.
    You know the name Jesus Christ and disagree with His teachings
    I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 15:47
    @Rajk999

I heard that you play chess in the same clan as Maximinnow.
    Have you and he talked much together about the Gospel ?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 16:01
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

I heard that you play chess in the same clan as Maximinnow.
    Have you and he talked much together about the Gospel ?
    What nonsense are you asking me? I tell people about the teachings of Christ.
    The word Gospel is an abused work by Christians.. It means nothing because Christians have tainted the word Gospel with false teachings, like what you do all the time.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 16:132 edits
    @sonship said
    Okay, to be fair the erasing of the name from the book of life must be temporary.

Failure to DO certain things will lead to their names being removed from the book of life.

It means a loss of reward during the millennial kingdom when some are saved yet not rewarded.

"If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive ...[text shortened]... scipline is temporary and not eternal - [b]"he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved,".
    This what iyou wrote is utter BS

..Okay, to be fair the erasing of the name from the book of life must be temporary..

Shamelessly adding the word temporaryto the scripture to twist the words of Christ. You are an ignorant deceiver.

THEIR NAMES WILL BE REMOVED.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 17:062 edits
    @Rajk999

It makes no sense that their names would be removed forever.

Sometimes the name of the tribe of Dan was omitted from the list of the twelve tribes. And Reuben because he lost the birthright was not placed first but superseded by the tribe of Judah.

Also one of the tribes of Israel , Dan, was temporarily erased from the list of the twelve tribes for their falling into idolatry.

The footnote in the Recover Version on Revelation 7:6 includes these words.

"In the account here, as in 1 Chron. 2-9, the tribe of Dan was omitted because of its idolatry (Judg. 18:30-31); 1 Kings 12:29-30; 2 Kings 10:29; cf. Gen. 49:17). However, Dan will still be counted during the millennium (Ezek. 48:1) because Jacob's blessing was upon him, so that through the lord's salvation Dan will still be included as one of the tribe3s (Gen. 49:16-18)."

The erasing of the name of a saved person from the book of life is like this - a temporary discipline. It is not a permanent expulsion.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 18:32
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

It makes no sense that their names would be removed forever.

Sometimes the name of the tribe of Dan was omitted from the list of the twelve tribes. And Reuben because he lost the birthright was not placed first but superseded by the tribe of Judah.

Also one of the tribes of Israel , Dan, was temporarily erased from the list of the twelve tribes for their f ...[text shortened]... erson from the book of life is like this - a temporary discipline. It is not a permanent expulsion.
    Let me think ... I will stay with Christ. You can go your merry way preaching your garbage.
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 May '21 10:193 edits
    Sorry for the delay

Son, dealing with your split points. @ 21:57 your basic message (condensed) would appear to be trust in Jesus and when it gets tough Christians will get raptured. Rapture is not taught in the Bible, it is a term used to cover the experience of those going to heaven, but a large contingent stays on the earth (The meek shall inherit the earth). Now you talk about "when" the great tribulation starts, I invite you to read rev 13 and compare to what is happening now. You have a little breathing time, but the mark is being lined up for circulation.

At 22:08 you say "Our hope is not in the political systems of the dying age." I agree!! So we should keep out of politics. I believe that our obligation, apart from doing what we are told by Jehovah (his name isn't "God" but I'm also happy with YHWH) and his son Jesus (I have come to prefer Yeshua but wouldn't quibble), a great gathering must take place (workers in the fields et) so I feel that we must be telling others about the promises to come, and get them out of Satan's system bound for destruction.

Son directed me to a video, sorry but I haven't had time but till look. Do your research, check the interviews, the vaccine passport will turn into the mark.

** Here is a question to anyone, is it the mark itself that is the problem, or what you have to go through to get it? ** I think there 4 or 5 warnings in revelation against taking it, but it's a question that pops into my mind a lot these days.

Mike talked about the emergence of leaders but Jesus warned the apostles against having leaders. The Person directing the congregations (I believe) is Jesus, so I totally reject the idea of leaders of a religion like a pope, and could produce a list. Very often these self appointed leaders have a life of mass luxury (hardly the example of Christ) and do things totally against the scriptures (idolatry, fornication, murder etc.)

I agree with Rajk about the teachings of Christ. There can be no other teachings, and if he hasn't taught it I don't think we take some as implied (trinity is a good example, as it doesn't appear in the bible and is not defined as it was by men in the various creeds).

Mistranslations - Trinity and Rapture. to me the trinity is more of an academic argument if we accept the the The Father is God Almighty and Jesus is the son who does his bidding. Jesus has said that the The Father is great than he his, so I don't really understand why anyone would try and re-write that, unless we are trying to secretly accommodate another faith within Christianity. This is in fact what I think that Catholicism does.
    If your thinking that as pressure mounts with the advancement into the last days Christians are going to get spirited away, I must disagree with that as inconsistent with the scriptures. I saw a video last June from a group who advocated the rapture, stating that is was to start in September'20 and last for five years.. Anybody noticed anyone raptured?

A direct mistranslation that thou and I have discussed is at John1. Logos and Theos are translated in many bibles as God (capital G = almighty). That is not a true a true reflection of the original text. "Ho Theos" is God Almighty, Logos is "god like" or "divine", by no stretch of imagination does "logos" imply parity with "Ho Theos". God did not come to earth, Jesus (firstborn of all creation) did. :-)

I hope to be back on to catch up. I hope that you all have a great (but cold if you are in the UK) Bank Holiday. There's a topic, the coldest April on record - all down to global warming?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '21 11:265 edits
    Thanks for your labors on this.

Son, dealing with your split points. @ 21:57 your basic message (condensed) would appear to be trust in Jesus and when it gets tough Christians will get raptured.

No, I don't say that. Christians should trust in the Lord Jesus whether they are up or down. In good situations and in bad ones. God lays out our course and controls the timing of our lessons. We should learn how to be abased and how to abound enjoying His grace in difficulties and in prosperity.

Rapture is not taught in the Bible, it is a term used to cover the experience of those going to heaven, but a large contingent stays on the earth (The meek shall inherit the earth).

Here we have misunderstanding. Perhaps you are anticipating what I would say.
    I have written on rapture before but not as you object to above.

1.) Rapture is a strategic move in spiritual warfare of the saints who ARE going to inherit the earth. Far from being only an escape ( it has that aspect also ), it is strategic defeat of Satan and his hosts FOR the warfare over the earth.

2.) Rapture is not of the whole church at one time. The vast majority of Christians will be raptured late at the end of the great tribulation. This is because only a minority are found watching, ready, prepared, vigilant to be rewarded with an early rapture before the great tribulation. This has been called "Selective Rapture" and I think the term is Okay.

All are eventually raptured. Those heeding the NT warnings in a timely manner will be a remnant, a minority raptured before the great tribulation. The majority are then woken up and must pass through the great tribulation for a latter rapture.

3.) The great tribulation will not come UNLESS there is a rapture. It is the early rapture of the watching and ready believers that is the CATYLYST for the great tribulation to occur in the first place.

Everything I am saying here I can back up with the Scripture.

4.) Rapture is a vindication and a sign to the world that the church age is coming to a close. The Jews will heed it. The believers who missed the early rapture will certainly heed it. Some of the world will heed it.

Emphatically, early rapture is not only an escape from the hour of trial but a victory in the spiritual warfare which must occur for the Lord Jesus to close the present age. And the close of this age must occur before the opening of the age of the millennial kingdom on earth.

Now you talk about "when" the great tribulation starts, I invite you to read rev 13 and compare to what is happening now.

You do not understand what is the central cause of the three and one half year great tribulation. It is the casting down of Satan from still appearing before God to accuse God's saints on earth. The casting down of Satan is the event that causes the great tribulation to occur.

That does not mean the turmoil, calamities, natural and supernatural troubles do not commence until the three and one half years begin. Strictly speaking, the final three and one half years of this age is the great tribulation. And the living Firstfruits (Rev. 14) and deceased Manchild (Rev. 12) are together raptured just before that time.

Revelation 14 begins with the rapture of the Firstfruits then shows the great tribulation and concludes with the rapture of the Harvest. Then Armageddon is shown. So early Firstfruits and latter Harvest indicate different TIMES in which portions of the total "crop" in God's field on the earth are deemed ripe and taken in rapture.

This has to be brief in this post.

I'll have to continue a little latter.
    But I did notice that I asked for mistranslations. So far I don't see that but your objections to interpretations. At the end I did notice that "rapture" and "trinity" you object to. But those are not matters of translation because I know neither word appears in the text of the Bible.

I'll continue latter.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 May '21 11:521 edit
    Correction:

I did notice medullah that you have translation issues with John 1:1.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '21 12:09
    @sonship said

Everything I am saying here I can back up with the Scripture.
    What a laugh. Almost nothing you say can be backed up with scripture. Everything you say is condemned in scripture.
  12. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 May '21 12:12
    Son, dealing with your split points. @ 21:57 your basic message (condensed) would appear to be trust in Jesus and when it gets tough Christians will get raptured.

No, I don't say that. Christians should trust in the Lord Jesus whether they are up or down. In good situations and in bad ones. God lays out our course and controls the timing of our lessons. We should learn how to be abased and how to abound enjoying His grace in difficulties and in prosperity.

So I took the “WE” to mean Christians
    “We need to receive Christ and practice living in union with Christ.”

In fairness to son you did indeed identify two groups; my error

Sorry
  13. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 May '21 12:13
    I think that it would be interesting to have a chat about the basic history of Christianity. If you can get your head around how we got here it makes it a bit easier to dodge the misunderstanding I think.
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    01 May '21 12:14
    Do walking - back later
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 May '21 12:56
    @medullah said
    I think that it would be interesting to have a chat about the basic history of Christianity. If you can get your head around how we got here it makes it a bit easier to dodge the misunderstanding I think.
    Good topic. Start a thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree