1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:381 edit
    So does John 14:23 not speak of the triune God making an abode IN but just making an abode WITH ?

"In that day you shall know that I am in My Father and you in Me and I . . . IN YOU."

Abode with you is an abode IN you.
    And an abode in you is the lovers of Jesus being in Christ.

"I am in My Father, and you in Me . . . ".

This is very recursive. If Christ is in His Father and the believers are in Christ then the believers are in His Father too. And if Christ is in the saved then the Father who is in Christ is in the believers as well.

No wonder Paul told the young church of the Thessolonians that they as a local church were IN God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Paul and Silvanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace." (1 Thess. 1:1)

Christ was in the saints in Thessalonia. And they were in the Triune God because
    Christ had gone to His cross "to prepare a place for" them too to be in the Father's house of many abodes.

They were young Christians. But they were not too young for this profound revelation. They were in the Triune God.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 11:551 edit
    The young church of the Thessalonians was IN the Triune God.

"Paul and Silvanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Thess. 1:1)

Same as Paul's first letter to the young church -

"Paul and Silvanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:" (1 Thess. 1:1)

Christ and His Father making an abode WITH them (John 14:23) was making "many abodes" in the Father's house.

"IN My Father's house are many abodes; if it were not so I would have told you so . . . "(John 14:2)

And coming to the Father's house is coming to the Father -

". . . no one comes to THE FATHER except through Me." (v.6c)

He brings them INTO the Himself by dying a redemptive death on the cross.

"But now IN Christ Jesus you who were once far off have become near in the blood of Christ. " (Eph. 2:13)
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '21 13:391 edit
    @sonship said

Each and every saved man who His comes with His Father to "make an abode with him" (14:23) has had a place prepared for him in God the Father.
    Why, when you read abide with, do you hear abide in?

And being 'in' God's house doesn't equate with being in the Godhead or support your 4 in 1 God nonsense.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 02:271 edit
    “God's intention from eternity to eternity is to make Himself us, that we might become Him in life, in nature, and in constitution (but not in the Godhead).” -

Life-study of 1 and 2 Samuel (p. 182) by Witness Lee

“Seeing God equals gaining God (Matt. 5:8). To gain God is to receive God in His element, in His life, and in His nature. Eventually, this not only makes us one with God—it even makes us a part of God....To be made a part of God, to be constituted with God in His life and nature, is more than being one with God. We see God that we may be constituted with God, yet we do not have any share in the Godhead.” -
    Life-study of Job (p. 157) by Witness Lee

God makes us like Him by imparting His life and nature into us. Second Peter 1:4 says that we have become “partakers of the divine nature.” John 1:12-13 says that we were born, regenerated, by God with His life. As God's children we are “baby gods,” having God's life and nature but not His Godhead. The Godhead is unique; He is the only One who should be worshipped.

Life-study of 1 and 2 Samuel,
    Message Twenty-five, pp. 166-167; by Witness Lee

Then Revelation 21 says that the entire New Jerusalem has the appearance of jasper (v. 11). Thus, God's redeemed people have become absolutely the very God in life, in nature, and in appearance, but not in His Godhead....All of God's redeemed people will eventually become gods as the very God in life, in nature, and in appearance but not in the Godhead. The New Jerusalem is the God-men who have been transformed, glorified, and mingled with the processed and consummated Triune God.

The Practical Points Concerning Blending, pp. 45-46; Witness Lee
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 15:172 edits
    Why, when you read abide with, do you hear abide in?

The accumulative effect certainly is God the triune IN His people.

The Comforter goes from being WITH the disciples to being IN the disciples.
    Or we could say the another Comforter goes from being WITH the disciples without to being WITH the disciples by being WITHIN them.

" And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever.
    Even the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him;

But you know Him because He abides WITH you and shall be IN you. " (John 14:16,17)

We see that this "another Comforter" is just Jesus Christ in another form.
    And in that form He will come to the believers to be "IN" them.

" . . . because He abides with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you as orphans, I am coming to you." (v.18)

1.) The another Comforter is WITH them outwardly.
    2.) The another Comforter will be IN them inwardly.
    3.) The another Comforter is Jesus in another form.
    4.) The another Comforter (Jesus in another form) will not leave them as orphans but is coming to them.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 08:261 edit
    The Bibles with the greatest of all signs - New Jerusalem. This is a "person" composed of the countless myriads saved to be a bride and a wife of the redeeming Lamb. A Wife has to be a person.

" . . . Come here; I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb. And he carried me away in spirit onto a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God . . ." (Rev. 21:9,10)

This collective bride and city represents man built into God just as the Lord Jesus prayed that He prepared a place for His believers in the Father's house in John 14.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 08:37
    The purpose of man being redeemed and born again is for the ultimate conclusion of salvation - the building of a city / bride New Jerusalem. This sign of all signs in Revelation 21,22 represents man built into God and God built into man.

John said that he saw no temple in the city for the triune God - God and the Lamb were the temple. (The Holy Spirit is in the flowing water in the city).

"And I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." (Rev. 21:22)

The city has no temple but God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. Yet amazingly the Lord Jesus promised those who overcome in the church in Philadelphia (brotherly love) that He would make THEM pillars in the temple of His God.

"He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore . . . " (Rev. 3:12a)

This has to mean that man is built into God.
    Man does not share the Godhead incommunicable but man is built into God.
    The actual temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb with the saved overcoming saints BUILT into God to be the permanent living pillars of the temple in New Jerusalem.

What a unspeakably great salvation.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 15:361 edit
    In the final tabernacle of God the city New Jerusalem John said he saw no temple in the final city.

"And I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple." (Rev. 21:22)

But the Lord Jesus promised He would make certain human beings pillars in the temple of His God.

"He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore . . . " (Rev. 3:12a)

We can derive from these verses:

1.) God is enterable.
    God is One into whom His redeemed people may ENTER.

2.) The entire final city is a living entity with God Himself as the temple of it.

3.) Living humans are built into the living temple to be living pillars of it that shall no more go out of it.

Without man partaking of the Godhead which is uniquely the Triune God's they nonetheless are built INTO this living Person as "pillars". As living pillars the redeemed become also part of the living temple of the enterable God.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 15:523 edits
    Christ promises that He will make the overcomers pillars in the temple of His God which is God Himself.

"I come quickly; hold fast what you have that no one take your crown.

He who overcomes, him I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall by no means go out anymore,

and I will write upon him the name of My God,
    and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which descends out of
    heaven from My God,
    and My new name." (Rev. 3:11,12)

This should be taken as an organic, living and vital matter of God's life being imparted into man BUIDING man into God.

Written upon him - "the name of My God" means possessed by God.
    Written upon him - "the name of the city of My God" - possessed by His city.
    written upon him - "and My new name" means possessed by Christ.

These also mean he is:
    one with and saturated with God,
    one with and totally built into the city of God,
    one with and saturated with Christ.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 15:541 edit
    In fact Christ is expressed in a new way (My new name). Christ is expressed in a collective Body of men conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)

And since Paul speaks in the PAST TENSE he is seeing it from God's transcendent perspective. To God it is already accomplished. Notice the past tenses in the next verse 30:

"And those whom He predestinated, these He also called; and those whom He called, these He also justified, and those whom He justified, these He also glorified." (v.30)

On on hand it is a promise pertaining to the future (Rev. 3:12).
    On the other hand from the standpoint of the transcendent view of God who transcends time it has all already taken place. What a wonderful word from God's book to us!
  11. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 16:57
    Wouldn't s better post been to have discussed where in the stream of time we are, something a bit more tangible?
    I'm not knocking you for trying to draw people into a discussion Son, but wouldn't mapping the current world events to bible prophecy get a few more participants?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 17:164 edits
    @medullah said
    Wouldn't s better post been to have discussed where in the stream of time we are, something a bit more tangible?
    I'm not knocking you for trying to draw people into a discussion Son, but wouldn't mapping the current world events to bible prophecy get a few more participants?
    I understand the concern and somewhat agree.

But to live TODAY as believers it is good to see WHERE we are headed.
    It is good to see WHY we today can receive Christ as life, ie. see our salvation is absolutely related to His eternal purpose.

When Jesus said "I come quickly" that pertains to today.
    When Jesus said "hold fast what you have that no one take your crown"
    that is pertaining to today if you are a believer.
    The name Philadelphia means to "brotherly love". That is for today among Christians.

All the words of exhortation in the seven letters to the seven churches are pertaining to the present walk with Jesus Christ in one way or another, even though they contain promises at the end "to him who overcomes" .

And I think it is a good thing for seeking searching people to realize that receiving the Lord Jesus is an initial and "seed" like entering into the Triune God.

Maybe you can help to make the thread more relevant in your sense to today.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 17:28
    Related to today, the OP asks the question How Man Can Get Into God?

My major contribution to this question in a TODAYness sense is that

Jesus went to the cross to prepare a way for you to get into God today.
    The beginning of the thread elaborated on this.
    He went to Calvary so that TODAY - I mean today 4/29 - there is a way we can step into God and God can step into us.

What a wonderful reality to stand upon and walk according to each day of this week.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 17:49
    @medullah said
    Are you asking a leopard to change its spots?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 17:531 edit
    Medullah,

Could you take possibly a moment and in your own words describe to me what you think is the major problem between me (sonship) and poster Rajk999?

Do you think there is something basic in our being on different sides understanding the Christian life?

Thanks, if you care to elaborate what you see a discrepancy is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree