1. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 17:58
    @sonship said
    I understand the concern and somewhat agree.

But to live TODAY as believers it is good to see WHERE we are headed.
    It is good to see WHY we today can receive Christ as life, ie. see our salvation is absolutely related to His eternal purpose.

When Jesus said "I come quickly" that pertains to today.
    When Jesus said [b]"hold fast what you have that ...[text shortened]... nto the Triune God.

Maybe you can help to make the thread more relevant in your sense to today.
    You dont have a clue what it means to 'overcome'. The day you get that you will understand Christ.

Your teachings refer to all who profess faith as overcomers who will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Jesus told the churches in Revelation that many of them have not overcome UNLESS they DO certain things. Failure to DO certain things will lead to their names being removed from the book of life.

What you preach is completely contrary to Christ. Check yourself.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 18:17
    @sonship said
    Medullah,

Could you take possibly a moment and in your own words describe to me what you think is the major problem between me (sonship) and poster Rajk999?

Do you think there is something basic in our being on different sides understanding the Christian life?

Thanks, if you care to elaborate what you see a discrepancy is.
    You really need some serious professional psychiatric evaluation and assistance. Stop begging people to comment about people. We are here to discuss the bible. You are a very small minded, petty man.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 19:545 edits
    @Rajk999
    Jesus told the churches in Revelation that many of them have not overcome UNLESS they DO certain things. Failure to DO certain things will lead to their names being removed from the book of life.

I know what He told the seven churches. And it is obvious that the mention of reward for overcoming strongly implies some in the church age will be defeated and some in the church age will overcome.

Overcoming there is a matter of doing so in time.
    All Christians eventually are perfected, matured, and made to overcome.
    A remnant on time at the appropriate time meriting a reward.
    And the larger majority late in a tardy manner, a remedial manner.

Your STRAWMAN argument is no rebuttal.
    Now don't distract me now. I am not talking to you but to Medullah.

Going over this 30 some times with you will not be helped by me going over it 30+some number more times with you.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 20:203 edits
    Okay, to be fair the erasing of the name from the book of life must be temporary.

Failure to DO certain things will lead to their names being removed from the book of life.

It means a loss of reward during the millennial kingdom when some are saved yet not rewarded.

"If anyone's work which he has built upon the foundation remains, he will receive a reward.

If anyone's work is consumed, he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Cor. 3:14,15,)

One of the indications of suffering loss and not being rewarded during the coming 1,000 year millennial kingdom is having the name erased temporarily from the book of life. (Rev. 3:5)

Rajk999 will now say that they are destroyed based on verse 16.
    The discipline is temporary and not eternal - "he will suffer loss, but he himself will be saved,".
  5. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 20:271 edit
    @sonship said
    Medullah,

Could you take possibly a moment and in your own words describe to me what you think is the major problem between me (sonship) and poster Rajk999?

Do you think there is something basic in our being on different sides understanding the Christian life?

Thanks, if you care to elaborate what you see a discrepancy is.
    I think that you could spilt this into two or three bits.

First of all you have a big difference in communication styles, Rajk is very direct and hard hitting, whereas you have a more amiable style of presentation, so your at loggerheads to start with. Also it seems like with some of your lines they more academic then hitting the nail on the head quickly.

Then we get into core beliefs. My perception of your beliefs is that they are skewed by reliance on mistranslation and hypothesis built around then. Rajk is closer to what I understand the scriptures to mean, but I don’t agree with everything that he says either.

I would suggest a different approach. I would love to see you two start off a thread and discuss what you have in common rather than what seems to be an ongoing war of attrition.

I do feel though, that if everyone here is fundamentally Christian there should be more tolerance.
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 21:314 edits
    @sonship said
    I understand the concern and somewhat agree.

But to live TODAY as believers it is good to see WHERE we are headed.

Maybe you can help to make the thread more relevant in your sense to today.
    Ok I will try.

If you are walking between the rails on a railway track, and there is a train coming, standing still and having academic discussion about the shade of orange that this thing is painted is a waste of time, when you should be getting of off the tracks.

It’s pretty pointless going over academic stuff around say Trinitarian arguments, when you now in the thick of the composite signs that Christ told us was coming. Stopping to tie your shoe laces when there is a deranged cretin with a machete charging towards you is again a Waste of time.

You (we) need to be giving attention to our timeline. Heading our way is a thing called a vaccine passport. If you look at Bill Gates interviews from three years ago he always purposed to introduce a quantum tattoo which would carry a biometrics and all of your financial information so that without it you wouldn't be able to buy or sell without it. A device with this criteria is singled out in Jesus’s vision to John.

So it’s ok talking in terms of of how you might be in union with Christ, but if you don’t recognise the danger and end up taking The Mark, it’s all been a pointless exercise. This is where the conversation should shift to, what should we be doing at what looks to be the time of the end? Is this the time of the end? What is the evidence either way? As a Christian what are our obligations - promoting the kingdom or getting drawn into debates over members of Satan’s political system ?

Remember “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one”, and the way that world Is governed is through politics.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 21:39
    @medullah said
    I think that you could spilt this into two or three bits.

First of all you have a big difference in communication styles, Rajk is very direct and hard hitting, whereas you have a more amiable style of presentation, so your at loggerheads to start with. Also it seems like with some of your lines they more academic then hitting the nail on the head quickly.

Then we get ...[text shortened]...
    I do feel though, that if everyone here is fundamentally Christian there should be more tolerance.
    Thanks.

I'll muse on that a bit more.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 21:572 edits
    @medullah

So it’s ok talking in terms of of how you might be in union with Christ, but if you don’t recognise the danger and end up taking The Mark, it’s all been a pointless exercise. This is where the conversation should shift to, what should we be doing at what looks to be the time of the end? Is this the time of the end? What is the evidence either way? As a Christian what are our obligations - promoting the kingdom or getting drawn into debates over members of Satan’s political system ?

In other words you want to get down to the nitty gritty.

Well, at the risk of some annoyance to some I would say, briefly.

We need to receive Christ and practice living in union with Christ.
    That means not waiting for a disaster or crisis. That means building up the habit of walking step by step in oneness with Christ whom we have received.

To do this we have to SEE that we are in Christ and not be moved from that governing vision.

Christ is the one prepared.
    Christ is the one who has overcome the world.
    Christ is the only one who is absolute for the will of the Father.

Christ has already overcome the devil. It is on His victory that we stand.
    If we learn not to wait until a crisis moment we will be wise.
    If when there is relative calm we STILL walk with our mind set on the spirit there will be life and peace. When life and peace are disturbed we know that probably we have turn back from setting our mind on the spirit where the Spirit of Christ is one with us.

If we do have troubles in our daily live, these are designed by God's sovereignty to cause our roots to sink deeper into Christ. Remember how the children of Israel were told by Joshua and Caleb that the giants of the good land would be food for them?

Only rebel not against Jehovah, neither fear ye the people of the land; for they are bread for us: their defence is removed from over them, and Jehovah is with us: fear them not. (Num. 14:9 ASV )

Obstacles, troubles, difficulties, circumstances are used by God to help deepen our roots in Christ. This curriculum no Christian can avoid who consecrates their life to the Lord.

Then one day the BIG tribulation will come. Yes. But we will either have learned enough to be rewarded to be raptured out of that hour. Or we will have to remain on the earth to pass through that hour of tribulation.

Let us walk as Enoch did - walking with God, so that we may be taken.
    This is a short and concise initial reply to your comment.
    We can get much more practical indeed.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 22:08
    As a Christian what are our obligations - promoting the kingdom or getting drawn into debates over members of Satan’s political system ?

Practical fellowship would be:
    Pray for those who are in power.
    Pray for them rather than murmur incessantly against them.

The healthiest habits are those practiced in a daily way.
    I encourage believers to begin each day with a time with the Lord Jesus in the word. Whenever your day begins, set some time for the word and prayer. His voice is clearest I think when you start your day with Christ.

We need companions. As Daniel had his three friends to pray with we also need one other or two or three others as a vital companion group. These times with vital few partners should be in centering on Christ rather than politics, economics, sports, etc.

Yet at the same time they should be times of getting to know one another and trusting one another that effective prayer and petition can be had. Then the scope of effective prayer can expand to others and include even the things of the nation and the advancement of the gospel.

This is brief and concise. But its a start.
    Our hope is not in the political systems of the dying age.
    But we surely can live so as to have authority in our prayers for His purpose to be fulfilled. God is sovereign over all the kings and governors of the earth for the accomplishing of His coming to establish His kingdom.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 22:191 edit
    So it’s ok talking in terms of of how you might be in union with Christ, but if you don’t recognise the danger and end up taking The Mark, it’s all been a pointless exercise. This is where the conversation should shift to, what should we be doing at what looks to be the time of the end? Is this the time of the end?

Medullah,
    You may find some helpful answers in this message.

Brother Ron Kangus on
    Living for God's Eternal Purpose
    NorCal Conference with Brother Ron Kangas 2018 Message 1

YouTube&ab_channel=Jony0210Ong
  11. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 00:36
    @medullah said
    Wouldn't s better post been to have discussed where in the stream of time we are, something a bit more tangible?
    I'm not knocking you for trying to draw people into a discussion Son, but wouldn't mapping the current world events to bible prophecy get a few more participants?
    I’m not sure this is possible with a large amount of the church leaders today. For the most part they seem content with sitting in a box where everything’s in its place and very comfortable.

Church leaders need to be focusing on the rights being taken away and preparing and teaching those their responsible for of the present dangers and what ACTION needs to be taken.

When you do nothing a problem gets larger and harder to deal with. As Christians get pushed into a corner more and more new leaders will emerge that fit the times we live in.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 14:29
    @medullah said
    Rajk is very direct and hard hitting, whereas you have a more amiable style of presentation, so your at loggerheads to start with. Also it seems like with some of your lines they more academic then hitting the nail on the head quickly.

Then we get into core beliefs. My perception of your beliefs is that they are skewed by reliance on mistranslation and hypothesis built a ...[text shortened]... to what I understand the scriptures to mean, but I don’t agree with everything that he says either.
    All Christians who truly believe in Christ will follow the teachings of Christ, and will attempt to pattern their lives after Christ. Christ was direct and hard hitting and that is the example I try to follow. Naturally in trying to keep the teachings of Christ my doctrine will also emulate that of Christ and there is no error in these teachings.

Christians who profess belief in Christ with their mouth [the sonship type] without truly believing that the teachings of Christ must be followed will go astray and follow the teachings of men. This is the reason for sonships flawed doctrine which is full of opinions and hypotheses. Sonship and his type are heading for damnation. The sooner he realises this the better off he will be.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 14:401 edit
    @medullah
    Then we get into core beliefs. My perception of your beliefs is that they are skewed by reliance on mistranslation and hypothesis built around then. Rajk is closer to what I understand the scriptures to mean, but I don’t agree with everything that he says either.

Thanks again.
    Could you give me these mistranslations ?

What are your one or two most striking examples of my relied upon mistranslations?
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 15:18
    I'll have to respond to each segment in order later guys as it's been a full on day at work and I've only just finished and have to pick the Mrs up, but thank you for your feedback, I have read through briefly but they deserve proper attention, which I will try and give a bit later on.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Apr '21 15:30
    @sonship said

Let us walk as Enoch did - walking with God,
    You do not understand what it means to 'overcome'.
    Neither do you understand what it means to 'walk with God'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree