How do you define people?

How do you define people?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, in short, you see the definition of a person through a prism that explains things in terms of supernatural causality, is that right?
I'm sorry. I don't have any idea what you mean.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@josephw said
Why did you reply to my reply to Rajk?
Because in it you asked: "The question of the OP is "how do you define people"?" So I thought it was an opportunity to make myself clearer to you.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@liljo said
I'm sorry. I don't have any idea what you mean.
OK, so be it.

Moves
18 Feb 22

@fmf said
OK, so be it.
By the way, I felt somehow enriched by your OP.

My post only touched on one aspect of humanity--but one that is very apparent in our present world--mankind's control or lack thereof, of anger. Well, that and mankind's bent towards or away from benevolence.

My post, therefore, falls way short of your OP concerning the much broader "definition" of people.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@liljo said
My post, therefore, falls way short of your OP concerning the much broader "definition" of people.
No, your post is fine. Clearly what I thought we'd be talking about is different from what people - having seen KellyJay's question in the OP - actually want to talk about. It's OK. It's just forum life.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@liljo said
By the way, I felt somehow enriched by your OP.
One poster's enricher is another poster's fluff!

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@liljo said
My post only touched on one aspect of humanity--but one that is very apparent in our present world--mankind's control or lack thereof, of anger. Well, that and mankind's bent towards or away from benevolence.
I live in a culture where benevolence is commonplace and anger is [mostly] either avoided or hidden.

Moves
18 Feb 22

@fmf said
One poster's enricher is another poster's fluff!
LOL!

Hey, it takes all kinds of people!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I note that you are, thus far, steering clear of my answer to your question.
I believe we are made in the image of God, that early in our creation took a turn evil that has polluted our nature.

F

Moves
18 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
I believe we are made in the image of God, that early in our creation took a turn evil that has polluted our nature.
How do you define a person [or people or humans]? If you don't buy into my OP's answer, what's yours?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Feb 22

You explain people by their paradoxical nature's, which are actually quite mutable once one gives up trying to positively encapture people. And accepts that paradox is the best way to themself.
Another question? How do explain the human brain , said to be the most fascinating thing universe?

Moves
18 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
People define themselves by what they do.

Not by all their jibber jabbering about who they think they are.
The OP asks “how do you define people”, it does not ask “how do people define themselves?”

We cannot act for another person in order to define them, so we have to rely on “jibber jabber”. As you call it.

Moves
18 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
Once again the bible does not support this assertion. What it says is that we are born in sin. We are not made in the image of god.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Feb 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
Once again the bible does not support this assertion. What it says is that we are born in sin. We are not made in the image of god.
Gen 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Moves
18 Feb 22

@bigdogg said
Gen 1

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
Come on you know better than that. What is this “tongue in cheek” day?